Need help with gearing!

handsomedgc

Scum of the earth
I'm planning to play 49 twinks because they gonna be hella cool in Bfa. I will be playing priest but have no clue how to gear after the scaling patches. I don't care about highest item level because I would also like to wPvp.

Can someone please link me the best gear? I was thinking about the postmasterset and if I remember correctly there is a book that increases int on use. Also I'll be getting ramsteins lightningbolt :)

as far as I'm aware, lucid (see signature) is bis for instance pvp other than the timbermaw trinket and the belt. For world pvp, you're probably going to want to run the postmaster set for the bonuses. Then the offhand from strat live and the dagger from princess in mara. that would leave neck, one ring, bracers, gloves, and two trinkets to solve for the world pvp set.

looking at gloves, my blue pvp piece outstats the hands of the exalted herald at 49 easy. Which would lead me to believe the pvp gloves are bis for world as well.

for the belt, because I'm partial to haste and verse, i'd go with ghamoo-ra's band.

For the same reason i'd take the sublime wristguards from diremaul as the bracers.

trinket i'd say the good old bolts and either burst of knowledge or the pvp one lucid is wearing. (or an assortment of fun eng options)

the neck and the ring I would say are pretty debatable since you can get ones with int or ones with just stamina and secondary stats.

also for those of you rolling alliance, consider our guild on khaz as we already have a decent number of 49s going. edit: counted, we have 11 people with at least one xp off toon at 49. a couple have two and we have a few more leveling.

i'm thinking about making a lvl 39 or 49 warrior. I've been buying stuff from the AH for him for a while... but im not near BiS for him yet. I would like to get loads of req lvl 37-47 epic armor which is ilvl 60, and also 38-48 epic weapons which are ilvl 61.. i guess most of those epics would be BiS. Anyway i'm on Burning legion - Alliance - EU if anyone would like to make a 39 or 49 there let me know then we can farm epics for eachother with our mains!

in the beta the epics for 49 are the same ilvl as pvp blues, just so everyone's aware

as far as I'm aware, lucid (see signature) is bis for instance pvp other than the timbermaw trinket and the belt. For world pvp, you're probably going to want to run the postmaster set for the bonuses. Then the offhand from strat live and the dagger from princess in mara. that would leave neck, one ring, bracers, gloves, and two trinkets to solve for the world pvp set.

looking at gloves, my blue pvp piece outstats the hands of the exalted herald at 49 easy. Which would lead me to believe the pvp gloves are bis for world as well.

for the belt, because I'm partial to haste and verse, i'd go with ghamoo-ra's band.

For the same reason i'd take the sublime wristguards from diremaul as the bracers.

trinket i'd say the good old bolts and either burst of knowledge or the pvp one lucid is wearing. (or an assortment of fun eng options)

the neck and the ring I would say are pretty debatable since you can get ones with int or ones with just stamina and secondary stats.

also for those of you rolling alliance, consider our guild on khaz as we already have a decent number of 49s going. edit: counted, we have 11 people with at least one xp off toon at 49. a couple have two and we have a few more leveling.

Could you maybe list some of those engineer items? : )

The boe epics ilvl isnt dropping as much or at all. Cant remember but to my knowledge theyll be better than bop epics and any rares which are all getting hit.

Can someone please link me the best gear? I was thinking about the postmasterset

Set bonuses are not active on the Beta / PTR - they show as active but they give no bonuses stats. I report it as a bug every time I log into Beta and see the 41 Armour Bonus is missing from my Blackened Defia 2 pc on my 39 Monk, or the lack of any bonuses on my 5pC Fang set on a 20 Druid.

Not sure if this going to be same on a 49 but on my 39's Green items with a suffix have been keeping their original iLevel and have a small advantage in total stat value. This applies to Weapons too, there's some examples in the 30 - 39 section.

whats the point of epic anymore? if green/blue/purp dont matter, its not really epic no more
just because the iLvl isn't different doesn't mean the stats and/or effects aren't. I imagine there are going to be plenty of epic pieces worth getting still, since stats should matter again.

. Anyway i'm on Burning legion - Alliance - EU if anyone would like to make a 39 or 49 there let me know then we can farm epics for eachother with our mains!

To get the correct level the Epics need to be looted by your Twink, if looted by a 110 they scale up to the max level for the zone so in the case of a Vanilla zone 60. There some items that just dont scale down, probably be OK on a 49 but that certainly is the case on a 39. I spent a lot of time farming in Burning Steppes on 2 accounts, a 110 on one and a 39 looting on the other.

iirc I posted some info in the 30 - 39 forum at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread