Near-death experiences IRL?

Tom Ganks

Share your near-death experiences here, if it's not too touchy of a subject for you.

No I don't care to hear how you almost died from consuming too many Doritos and Mt Dew while you were GY farming kids in the Gulch.

*For me when I was 6-7, me and my sister were swimming under the wall that created the waves on the lazy river at Schlitterbahn, and I happen to bump into some guy underwater and knocked the breath out of me. I was then struggling to get past these fat tubers while still being pulled underwater by the current. My sister then pulled me out of the water.

*Another time was when I was first learning to drive and pulled into a one way street without thinking (like a dipshit). But fortunately, I have yet to bump or dent a vehicle since my first time behind the wheel. Very glad I got past my anxiety about driving. Now it's sort of relaxing.

* But sometimes you learn that other people are total shit at driving, and no matter how good you are, it's hard to see their fuck-ups ahead. Just recently some teenage girl was driving her friends car back from the highschool, and I was driving home from college from the other direction. It was night time, and out of nowhere, her car swerved across a curbed median, and right in my lane. I had hit the brakes just in time to avoid a head-on collision. She wasn't so lucky, as she also rode over into the ditch on my side of the street, completely trashing her friend's car. Thankfully she was ok.

I'm sure there have been more, but I'm curious what you nerds have to share, and if anyone has possibly been confronted with a gun/knife?

I had a near death experience twice. First time I don't remember I was around 3 years old and apparently I was taken to the hospital after nearly drowning in a public swimming pool.

Second time I was 16, had just gotten my scooters license and while waiting for the lights to turn green a car smashed into me from behind resulting in a small concussion and a pretty bad, but lucky knee injury, the outcome of thewhole situation could have been alot worse.

My Whole Near Death experience is actually a part of who i am today. Had an allergic reaction to my immunizations when i was 6months old. caused my spinal cord to swell from c3-c7(the upper part of your spine connecting to your neck) which caused me to be a quad and also stopped my breathing n such for some time. had to be put on a ventilator till i could fully function again. was actually said i wasnt live past 10 months but here the fuck i am. 21 years later

When i was around 7 or 8, we went to a camping area for the summer, there was a little warm pond people swam in, which was right next to the freezing ocean. I was happily swimming until it suddenly got really deep and i couldn't find anything under my feet. I started screaming (tried to anyway) when i struggled to keep my head up, but everyone was just laughing around me, not caring at all. Right before i felt like i was gonna pass out, i managed to get footing on the other side of the pond, i got to shore and laid down next to some small dead fish that i apparently swam through and got stuck in my hair. I just laid there for a few minutes, before I went to my and dad , and told them i wanted to go home. Last thing i remember from that, because i passed out right after.

Even small depths of water can be really scary :(

Interesting topic and stories. I guess I can think of three sort of near death experiences.

1) We were in a car accident a few winters ago. It was a multiple vehicle thing, and our car was in the middle. Our car was completely squashed but luckily we were ok. I just had whiplash for a while.

2) When I had my lil girl, it was a very difficult birth. I lost a lot of blood and my blood pressure went low and I blacked out. But I made it through just fine.

3) One time I was walking with my lil girl on the sidewalk and this big black truck came racing by us, on the wrong side of the road, almost coming onto the sidewalk. Turns out the truck was in the middle of a police chase and they actually did kill 4 ppl or something before the police stopped them.

Luckily I have not had any notable near death experiences. I do, however, see death and people that survive near death experiences as I am rotating at hospitals currently.

When I was a a kid, probably ten or eleven, my mom, sister and I were on this three day get horseback trail ride/obstacle course. On the last day, one of the obstacles involved picking up a bucket from one barrel and placing it on another(or something similar), with a few rocks at the bottom to make it rattle. My lil 14-hand Arab, Neeka, wasn't desensitized to these shapes and colors and was having none of it- she was spooking pretty badly from a good distance away. Well, dumb lil shit that I was, I kicked her right up to the bucket, despite all her shying, reached out, snatched it and she went wild- I was bucked right the fuck off, and she trampled right over top of me as she was spooking. Now, I don't remember feeling anything, but my folks and the others with us were flipping their shit, running up, and you could see a muddy hoofprint on my thigh, and that hoofprint damn well slid OFF of me to the right. Shouldn't be possible and by all rights I oughta be a pretty well-crushed cripple, but here I be :)

I miss that Arab. Lots of good times growing up, someday I'll go back.

I've broken bones and done dumb shit that could have ended badly, but that's my comes-to-mind brush with cripplehood if not death :p

Almost drowned 2 times

Almost got my head smashed with a baseball bat

Almost run down by a vehicle 3 times

Almost choked to death once

Almost died of starvation when I was 2 weeks old until the doctors found that I had a constriction of the upper orifice of my stomach and was able to fix me up.

Not really a near death experience, but i'm feeling like telling a story that could have turned out for the worse. Also as a warning to people who go to bars in local areas.

My 2 female friends and was at a local bar, and we happened to find a half pack of cigs. So ofc, we picked them up and decided to went home shortly after. On the road home, some guys yelled at us asking if we had taken their cigs. We decided to yell no, and contiuned to walk home. As we come home, i check my phone and i see i have received a message from one of those guys. Turns out one of them went to the same class as i did about 2 years ago. I started to piss him off, and he said he had our adress. I shrugged it off, as i thought it was just to scare us off to give them their cigs. About 5 mins after, i get another message saying they're outside. I look outside, and as he said, they were there. The girl who had taken the cigs said she would go out and give it to them, so she did. Nothing happened after that, but apparently the guy i pissed off wanted an apology from me. Fine i said, and went outside with the girls again and went down the block a little to not wake up my friends parents. As we stopped, the guy who owned the cigarettes stood up in front me and yelled me in the face ''IF YOU TAKE MY CIGS AGAIN, I'LL SMASH YOUR **** HEAD''. Calmly, i look at him and say ''It's a pack of *** cigs''. I then get pushed over by another dude, and then the fighting starts. After about 10 mins of being hunted down the streets of one of the other guys, i sprint back to the girls to avoid that weirdo dude. They've calmed down a bit, but decided to blackmail us for 2000ddk(about 300USD/267EUR) because his jacket got a scratch. We decided to do as they said, since we were outnumered.
A few days pass, and i find out that dude who blackmailed us happened to be a gang member, and COULD have been armed with either a gun or a knife.

TLDR;
Me and my friends found cigs at a bar, left the bar and was then approached by guys who owned them. They beat us up, then blackmailed us. Days later i find out one of them was a gangmember and could have been armed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a piano dropped on me.

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Being a good friend and all, I tried to help one of my friends move his wifes piano into their new house. Up a flight of stairs. It took six guys to get the damn thing in the house, and only four of us could fit on the stairs. I was on the back/bottom end of it going up the stairs. As we're carrying it up, one of the guys on the top end trips backwards, losing his hold on his end. The other guy on my end, well, can't handle the new weight. He let's go, which leaves half of the piano free to slam right into me.

TL;DR, don't help friends move. You end up with a bad knee.

I had croupy cough till I was about 8 years old. When I was 7 it once got so bad I could barely breath and my fingers started to turn blue. We called an ambulance and then I was fine but I don't remember the situation though. This is what my mom has told me though, she's a doctor too.

I was bit by a rattlesnake on my right index finger when I was 9. I'm a recovering drug addict and I've had some near death experiences while using but I'm glad to say I've been clean for almost 7 months now. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread