Mysterious bonus to lifesteal on paladins?

Lightfall

Legend
Solved in comments below, life drain effects, unlike other procs, scale with intellect. Classes that use intellect in one of their specs benefit from additional damage.

So while doing some gear comparisons it finally sunk in today that unrelated to Beta/PTR (it applies in both live and 8.0) Paladins are getting a boost to Lifesteal effects that i have not been able to replicate on another class. I am wondering if this is some undocumented feature no longer mentioned in the UI after the last simplification wave?

Looking at this weapon(screenshots from Beta):

C1fAMXW.png
xdYzQr5.png

So there the weapon is on 59 dk and 60 rogue

and here it is on 60 pally:
nG4tS8Y.png

Dramatically more powerful, and it is not just to this weapon. Wraith scythe, the other lifesteal 1H is the same, and it is also present on skullflame shield (normal is around 80-90 lifesteal):

Cwtzo9H.png

Things I know:

1. True on both ret/prot paladins (holy not tested)
  2. True regardless of level (level 27 pally which sees weapon scaled to minimum at lvl 50 is also elevated)
  3. Doesn't affect Rogue or DK, not related to strength/agility
  4. Not just a display bug, it actually hits for these values.
  5. Does not apply to any other damage types i have found (fire, nature, frost, shadow, etc procs all not boosted). This is particularly peculiar because the drain life damage is actually shadow damage, but if it does not drain life, no bonus.

Last edited:
My 60 monk when in MW the proc is like 2k and in WW it’s like 1300 this is on live btw but it could be the same thing

Oh i think this cracks the code... i just played around with it and it seems live drain effects scale with intellect... that's the difference between Pally and DK or Rogue also, the int hanging around in the background

Users who are viewing this thread