News My Watch is Ended

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Conq, Apr 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Conq

Conq Former Owner Founder

My Watch Has Ended

Hey everyone, I’m writing to you today with a lot on my mind so please note that reading forward. As the title says, to be clear: I’ve sold what part of XPOFF I owned for a modest sum which allowed me to recoup my financial investment, it is “said and done” as it were and time for me to move on.

I decided it was time to move on for a lot of reasons, and in retrospect I perhaps should have done it sooner. I don’t play WoW anymore and having turned 25 and then moving hundreds of miles from my home town, with my own apartment in Washington D.C. I find myself preoccupied much of the time, with my interests elsewhere. For those curious i’m attending a local hacker space where i’m learning about 3D printers, CRISPR, and technology in general. It’s called Hacdc.

I’m also helping host Overwatch League viewing parties and other stuff in the near future with The D.C. Area Esports Club. I’ll be staffing a convention called “Universal FanCon” in Baltimore at the end of the month and I’m also working in an unofficial capacity for a major esports company with local interests, as well as making friends and working various side jobs, if you are in the area feel free to reach out to me if you want to get involved!

On to the essence of this post, my part of the website has been sold to @Ripduck. Ducky is a avid community organizer, patron, and leader, he’s working on a brand new stats based project tied to XPOFF which will have a new arena ladder likely integrated.

He also plans to upgrade to XF2 so the website will have a whole new and improved look as well as a ton of really great new features, he is also someone who is more interested in twinks than myself, with these - along with other elements, I am confident that he will be able to at the least take much better care of the website, and the community than I have been able to in a long time.

In regards to the staff much will hopefully stay the same with administrators and the rest of the staff, though I do anticipate a small period of transition where I will be pseudo-involved with the process.

In closing I want to thank everyone for the memories and lessons. Also I want to shout out all my friends and the people who have supported me and the community, as I’ve said in the past there are way too many people to thank for me to even begin, (we do need more community organizers now, just step up and you will get noticed, organize what you enjoy) the reality is I will remember everyone and the community as a whole probably until the day I die, even those of us who have not gotten along all the time.

My path here started with just twinking back in vanilla, evolved into premading, then eventually guild leading, guild uniting, community development, project management, and way more. For me this is incredible, and it has afforded me many further opportunities elsewhere in the world, so I will never forget my time here.

Much Love and Luck from me to the community,

Conq

(twitter.com/conq_dc)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 29
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Surprised Surprised x 3
  2. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO Head Moderator

• Like Like x 4
  3. Fael

Fael Believer

Usher in the new era ~

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sponsor

Sponsor <>< Moderator

Been a blast, sounds like you'e got your life sorted out!

I'd wish you good luck, but it' all about skill now ;)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Purj

Purj The Last Alliance Twink

New features sound great. We got an actual ETA?

Thanks for everything, Conq. Hope your new jobs are awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Druiddroid

Druiddroid Member

Thank you for caring about the twink community while you were here

Good luck on your endeavors, sounds like you have a bright future :)

• Like Like x 5
  7. Bestworld

Bestworld MBA

See you around Conq. I only know Ripduck from the few 29's wargames he managed to put up on EU. Seem like a cool dude.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Embu

Embu French Moderator Moderator F2P Coordinator

I think it will be the case for a good part of the people, 'cause we spent a lot involvement into this website. Each of us has been able to meet other people, taking part in events or organizing them, learn from others: I think this is the best thing that can arrive when one joins a community.

Good luck for the future, I hope everything will be fine for you!

• Like Like x 3
  9. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Member

Bye conq you will be missed

• Like Like x 3
  10. Warlord Daboo

Warlord Daboo 10-19 Coordinator 10-19 Coordinator Wãrlords of Warsong

Thank you @Conq for everything you have done for the community and for me in specific. @Ripduck is a great person to take over the reigns and I look forward to what we can put together to make this community even better and more fun!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO Head Moderator

*And Now His Watch Is Ended*

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
    ―The Night's Watch oath

[​IMG]

Thank you @Conq for everything you achieved/accomplished.

Forever a brother of the Night's Watch ♥ ♥ ♥

• Like Like x 4
  12. Selaya

Selaya Guest

/salute!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Quack

Quack Veteran

enjoy being a hacker man

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Goohd

Goohd <RRBC>

someone throw a party now
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 14, 2018 ---
    ill come

• Like Like x 1
  15. Miles

Miles 546-0 Rank 1 Season 2 Champion

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bestdruidbtw

Bestdruidbtw Guest

Pce <3

• Like Like x 1
  17. Somfas

Somfas Grandfathered

Best wishes brother

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lufú

Lufú Member

All the best mate. Take it easy x

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alex

Alex Resident Cripple

Our Views of the world and how it works may not be the same. but you'll always be a good friend of mine dude. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and maybe if i'm ever in DC again we'll grab a drink(might be soon you may never know). Over the years helping you make xpoff what it is has been a pleasure and i will continue to do so under @Ripduck . Later on Conqy Boy.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Nohugzz

Nohugzz PVE is a disease

I am sure ripduck will do a great job.

• Like Like x 3

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)