EU+US My Twink Demon Hunter Journey thus far.

Hiroitchi

Grandfathered
I might get some flack for this, but this is all from my experiences and what not twinking a Havoc DH these past few months. I had started twinking because of a few BoE drops on my 110 during 7.1 and saw the FOTM class, the Demon Hunter. I was unsure about it and saw a video by Umren. I was like hey that looks like fun, then I did the research via Google. Through reddit, I found this place. I looked at the list and pre-planned on what I wanted to do. I spoke to Changzu briefly, read opinions from My perfection and Aelobin, and looked at my own toon. There was an extensive knowledge base from these players.

Unlike other twink classes, Havoc Demon Hunters are very gear dependent and require a certain Artifact Path to survive huge pulls. To twink one is not for the feign of heart. Speed doesn't matter much when you can't survive a 10 mob+ pull involving cc. So despite my stubborn attitude and play with what you like demeanor, I stuck with it. So how to keep my speed and still dull amounts of damage. So the risk vs reward mentality was applied.

I figured I chose to go with talents that do just that. I centered my choices on CC from chaos nova to spawn soul fragments for healing and eye beam for added AoE when matched with the artifact abilities. These souls also reduce the cool down for Eye Beam and chaos nova to the point that I think I casted each ability four times in under 5 seconds. This is where risk vs reward come in during mass pulls. The more mobs the better.

Demon Hunters damage is all RNG based and yes we're not a complete class , but I had to think outside the box. It is in my opinion that I really can not aim for Single Target dps or what not. I just have to get there fast enough and AoE mobs down. I normally que as a tank in Havoc, so to me this way of thinking is paramount. Playing devils advocate there are many other classes that do it better for far less, I still stick with this lackluster twink class spec. Now that 7.2 has been out and the ring that offers a 102 talent, only time will tell how it'll fair off.

I thought I'd continue to share my own opinions of the class seeing as there were a few questions people had asked me why even make a Demon Hunter Twink, especially as Havoc? I was recently asked that and my only thought that came to mind was a quote from a classic movie, "Top Gun;" "I just feel the need for speed." The Demon Hunter Havoc specialization affords me that opportunity.

The stat weights I rely on are: Mastery>Crit>Haste>Agility>Versatility. I choose this route because Mastery increased Chaos Damage equal to your mastery and it also increased your movement speed. The higher the bonus the faster you'll be. From the gems, and trying it out, I found that roughly every 150 points of mastery you get a 2% bonus to chaos damage and an increase in movement speed. The first three stat priorities are pretty obvious for Havoc. then comes the secondary stats like leech and avoidance. Avoidance takes roughly about 600 points to hit the cap, you want cap. As for leech, it gets tricky here, my thoughts are if your damage out put is high your minimum leech is 10% and if its low you'd want it to be 30% Leech.

As you are gearing up your Havoc twink, but cannot afford nor find gear that has leech. you would have to rely on your Artifact traits and class talents. to help with your surviviability. I have listed them accordingly.

Talents w/o leech
1. Fellblade is a Must... It allows for positioning and another method to deal damage.
2. Demonioc Appetite allows you to spawn lesser Soul Fragments when using Chaos Nova. Even the lesser Soul fragments works really well with Feast of Souls.

Talent w/Leech:
1. Fellblade, see above for reference.
2. Demon Blades. Its one less button to push and well with high amounts of haste, your attacks would help with more fury.

7.2 and Beyond Talent choices /w High Damage Output:
1. Blind Fury goes really well so you can spam Chaos Strike on Eye Beam cooldown.
2. Demonic Appetite, see above reference

Artifact Path recommendations
1. Fury of the Illidari
2. Warglaives of Chaos
3. Sharpened Glaives
4. Feast of the Souls
5. Deciever's Fury
6. Inner Demons

Now this is where you are gear dependent:
Without leech:
7.a Overwhelming Power
With significant amount of leech and avoidance:
7.b Critical Chaos

Then you should continue to the 3rd Golden Trait
8. Chaos Vison
9. Anguish of the Deceiver
10. Balanced Blades
11. Unleashed Demons
12. Demon Speed
13. Illidari Knowledge
13. Rage of the Ilidari

By this time you'll have had 25 traits under your belt.

The choice of gear is up to you but my preference will be how much Mastery can put into this twinks gear. I do have cloth for my twink to boost my mastery. Gem Mastery and Enchant in Mastery will make you pretty fast. Its just you will be lacking in the Single Target damage compared to other classes.

Last edited:
Please comment below and share your own opinions and experiences.

10/13/17

Bought a 810 Fel Relic. The price was there and well now my weapon is complete having an item that doesnt drop anymore. iLvL of my glaives is 843. I dont know about other classes, but I did notice that I was dealing more damage than I have done. Its pretty nice.

Last edited:
Hey!

I had almost the same Feels at the beginning of my own Havoc DH Theraziel, after i saw the potential to farm Gold @200%or more Movespeed pulled me in.. and after gettin the first few items and soloed the first dungeon i started to check how to get maxed out gear, too bad im limited by gold right now while these BoE relics were out so i can hope to see one of these 810/910 BoE when i have enough money for atleast one of em,

but its awsome to find someone who did exactly what im trying to do right now.. atm 14 traits, did all the quests in stormheim and highmountain for rep and next step is to grind for exalted + caches, lets hope to get one of the better Leggos :D

Here's a Link to My Armory :D
https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/blackrock/theraziel

I might get some flack for this, but this is all from my experiances and what not twinking a Havoc DH these past few months. I had started twinking because of a few BoE drops on my 110 during 7.1 and saw the FOTM class, the Demon Hunter. I was unsure about it and saw a video by Umren. I was hey that looks like fun, then I did the research via Google. Through reddit, I found this place. I looked at the list and pre-planned on what I wanted to do. I spoke to Changzu briefly, read opinions from My perfection and Aelobin, and looked at my own toon. There was an extensive knowledge base from these players. I am now on my last stretch to 25 traits and grew an appreciation for hardcore twinks.

During my journey I have met some really awesome twinks and even help a few of my guild mates to twink their own toons. I rarely see them use em, but it's awesome to run with em. Our twink fury warrior seems to exhuasted trying to keep up in terms of my Demon Hunter speed. Incidentally the speed is what Drew me to the class in the first place.

Unlike other twink classes, Havoc Demon Hunters are very gear dependant and require a certain Artifact Path to survive huge pulls. To twink one is not for the feign of heart. Speed doesn't matter much when you can't survive a 10 mob+ pull involving cc. So despite my stubborn attitude and play with what you like demenor, I stuck with it. So how to keep my speed and still dull amounts of damage. So the risk vs reward mentality was applied.

I figured I chose to go with talents that do just that. I centered my choices on CC from chaos nova to spawn soul fragments for healing and eye beam for added AoE when matched with the artifact abilities. These souls also reduce the cool down for Eye Beam and chaos nova to the point that I think I casted each ability four times in under 5 seconds. This is where risk vs reward come in during mass pulls. The more mobs the better. Now that I have Chaos Theory, with the application of Chaos Blades I can go from 500 dps AoE to over 800 dps. I was amazed to see that I do more damage using Chaos Theory at a 842 ilvl than my leggo boots at 849 ilvl set ups.

Demon Hunters damage is all RNG based and yes we're not a complete class , but I had to think outside the box. It is in my opinion that I really can not aim for Single Target dps or what not. I just have to get there fast enough and AoE mobs down. I normally que as a tank in Havoc, so to me this way of thinking is paramount. Playing devils advocate there are many other classes that do it better for far less, I still stick with this lackluster twink class spec. Now that 7.2 has been out and the ring that offers a 102 talent, only time will tell how it'll fair off.

I thought I'd continue to share my own opinions of the class seeing as there were a few questions people had asked me why even make a Demon Hunter Twink, especially as Havoc? I was recently asked that and my only thought that came to mind was a quote from a classic movie, "Top Gun;" "I just feel the need for speed." The Demon Hunter Havoc specialization affords me that opportunity.

Like I have stated earlier, Havoc is very very gear dependent. More so than other twink classes. Having only 110 Havoc Demon Hunter information from various sources; it was difficult to find out where to go about building a twink Havoc Demon Hunter. The only original BoE that I had dropped from EN on my 110 and it is an 845 item level Six Feather Fan with leech and a socket. I still have it to this day.

The stat weights I rely on are: Mastery>Crit>Haste>Agility>Versatility. I choose this route because Mastery increased Chaos Damage equal to your mastery and it also increased your movement speed. The higher the bonus the faster you'll be. From the gems, and trying it out, I found that roughly every 150 points of mastery you get a 2% bonus to chaos damage and an increase in movement speed. The first three stat priorities are pretty obvious for Havoc. then comes the secondary stats like leech and avoidance. Avoidance takes roughly about 600 points to hit the cap, you want cap. As for leech, it gets trickey here, my thoughts are if your damage out put is high your minimum leech is 20% and if its low you'd want it to be 40% Leech.

As you are gearing up your Havoc twink, but can not afford nor find gear that has leech. you would have to rely on your Artifact traits and class talents. to help with your surviviability. I have listed them accordingly.

Talents w/o leech
1. Fellblade is a Must... It allows for positioning and another method to deal damage.
2. Demonioc Appetite allows you to spawn lesser Soul Fragments when using Chaos Nova. Even the lesser Soul fragments works really well with Feast of Souls.

Talent w/Leech:
1. Fellblade, see above for reference.
2. Demon Blades. Its one less button to push and well with high amounts of haste, your attacks would help with more fury.

Artifact Path recommendations
1. Fury of the Illidari
2. Warglaives of Chaos
3. Sharpened Glaives
4. Feast of the Souls
5. Deciever's Fury
6. Inner Demons

Now this is where you are gear dependent:
Without leech:
7.a Overwhelming Power
With significant amount of leech and avoidance:
7.b Critical Chaos

Then you should continue to the 3rd Golden Trait
8. Chaos Vison
9. Anguish of the Deceiver
10. Balanced Blades
11. Unleashed Demons
12. Demon Speed
13. Illidari Knowledge
13. Rage of the Ilidari

By this time you'll have had 25 traits under your belt.

The choice of gear is up to you but my preference will be how much Mastery can put into this twinks gear. I do have cloth for my twink to boost my mastery, but that 18k Agility will be reduced to 15k. That's my Armor bonus for wearing mixed armor types. Gem Mastery and Enchant in Mastery. This will make you pretty fast.

tldr, sum it up man

Really nice post and informative. I was also considering to write something but figured that what i would tell, most would already know.

I think, like you mention, Havoc is really risk vs reward and what you can really put into it in terms of effort and time.

I was thinking to start a Havoc on a new realm, with no gold. However,like you mention, i feel you really need some Leech to start out with, so it's actually not practical to spend the time to farm enough gold for a decent set.

I'm playing Vengeance, and while it's not as good damage, it's really fun to do and with only 50k starting gold, was quite fast for me to build up the gear, since I don't need any leech, i can focus on some basic items and work upwards.

I really like the ability to pull each dungeon basically everything until the boss and mow it down with AoE. I think as Havoc, it would need to be cut up more into stages in order to survive any stuns.

Unfortunately, with low AP, the Vengeance route is focussed mostly on healing and survivability, when i really just need some damage.

If you've got any tips on grinding out AP, it would be helpful.so far i'd been doing only NL runs here and there and the scrolls only give 75 now and again during an hour of leather farm.

@zarthenniz From personal experience man, I pull entire mobs between bosses as Havoc with no care in the world. Its basically knowing what can stun you and how long the stuns last for. As for AP farming, I just cant stomache farming NL all day all the time. I just get bored, I go and que random dungeon constantly as the scenery changes and so do the players. Its slow, but allows me to know how much I can handle and what to expect out of each mob. The only thing I can tell you about AP farming is well having mental stamina to do it. lol

yep! look at my DH above, no leech.. im at 840ilvl, i think you just need 14 to 15 traits and the knowledge! love my havoc and im at the beginning :D

Oh well, too late xD

I did startup a Havoc on Alliance side, since i had a lvl 100 already on that realm, but i have no funds to start it up, so i probably stick with my vengeance and continue to put the effort into getting more AP. I planned to be more flexible to offer boosts also to alliance, so unless i receive payment over on Kazzak alliance, I won't pursue it.

Interestingly enough, i saw a post yesterday about farming archaeology(US only :() but inspired me to check it out. First dig, 400AP token, then 2-3 more over the course of 30 or so minutes. It's pretty RNG but like you say, something different, change of scenery.

I'm still killing bosses in just over a minute and i think 10 minutes per dungeon to solo is still keeping my (small) customer base happy.

P.S I don't find many AP opportunities within regular dungeons.

Interesting video, although the music didn't help with my existing headache :p

Were you boosting friends, or randoms? I find it's always important to space out a bit with the pulls, as people tend to not listen and run in with you to the fights. Alone, it's easy to pull everything between bosses. NL hurts with those rock pelters, DHT hurts them from the lions (cats? tigers?)

7 Minutes is pretty nice, good to know as tank i'm not too far behind on about 10 minutes.

As 865, are you missing also with cloth? I found the balance of stats vs agility is minor with cloth, so i'm sitting on 820. It's difficult to get upgrades beyond 845 with sockets, as they're all around 100K+

Interesting video, although the music didn't help with my existing headache :p

Were you boosting friends, or randoms? I find it's always important to space out a bit with the pulls, as people tend to not listen and run in with you to the fights. Alone, it's easy to pull everything between bosses. NL hurts with those rock pelters, DHT hurts them from the lions (cats? tigers?)

7 Minutes is pretty nice, good to know as tank i'm not too far behind on about 10 minutes.

As 865, are you missing also with cloth? I found the balance of stats vs agility is minor with cloth, so i'm sitting on 820. It's difficult to get upgrades beyond 845 with sockets, as they're all around 100K+

sorry about music Zarthenniz. Spotify was set on random edm. lol. Anyways.. Per your inquiries; I was boosting random people. Lately I have a devil may care attitude towards runs and boosting people. I tell them my price, and if they cant afford it tips are nice. It kind of gives me the opportunity to either stay or drop em like a cold habit. I either get kicked from groups if its randoms or randoms decide to stick around and well the rest is history. I solved the issue of avoiding such shennanigans of playes wanting to stick right next to me and that is go way faster than they can.

For high damage I use my high ilvl set. Although not as optimal as I like it, it gets the job done with high HP. This saves my ass when stunned for a long period. I also have a leech set that gives me 60% leech, a speed set when fully buffed I get 300% run speed, I have my Chaos Theory set when meta is on cooldown, and a high agility set which gives me 19.5k Agility stacked with 74% Crit. So the gear I choose is rather situation dependent. Essentially I can go from 834 ilvl to 865 ilvl using my quick keys. I'll post more videos of how I use my Havoc Demon Hunter soon.

My fastest run times are: (these include RP moments)
Neltherion's Lair - 6mins
Halls of Valor - 7 mins
Darkheart Thicket - 5 mins
Eye of Azhara - 5 mins

I know I am no BM hunter, Elemental shaman, or Boomnkin.

This was one of my Hall sof Valor from during the week :) Only boosting 1 buddy, so i had some dmg buff from luck of the draw.

well guys I found a place in Macree that has high respawn rate and scale to your level.... the other one is the robots opposite of where I am at... tee happy hunting!

WoWScrnShot_092617_200225.jpg

[doublepost=1506484169,1506478318][/doublepost]Oh 2 out of 4 achievements done to get the demon hunter title

WoWScrnShot_092617_214830.jpg

[doublepost=1507889655][/doublepost]This was taken earlier this month. I am now 130k ap away from trait 27. I'm trying to decide on where to put the point in. I was consider more chaos strike but.. I could space it out and put more demon blades damage. Suggestions are welcome.
WoWScrnShot_100517_205401.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread