Votes: 1 100.0%
  • What are your thoughts gear nerfs?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lpxxone

Veteran
Hey guys, I know i will prob step on a few toes here but it is what it is. Im tired of running into ppl
that want to duel and then say oh you suck you are not a real twink. Well I get my gear the way i supposed to. If you have to have a high lvl run you through dungeons, trade gear to you and so on that is not twinking that is exploiting the game. I understand what a twink is! How I play the game is it is just as much skill is it is gear.

You think that... running dungeons with a level 50 for faster clears is... exploiting?

What?

No i mean running with a lvl 50 to get azerite gear traded to you.
upload_2020-10-31_23-33-35.png

According to the Wikipedia page on twinking in MMORPGs that's exactly what twinking is.

I do not believe there is a wrong way to gear, but there is generally a BiS. Just because you don't have BiS, does not mean you are not a twink. However, I do not agree that it is exploiting, nor that people can determine that not using all your methods to gear is the way your supposed to or that its wrong to gear up with one or multiple methods. If Blizzard doesn't want it in the game, they can remove it, nerf it, lvl require it, or patch it. Even then, there is not usually just one way you are supposed to gear as any character except max, and even that has options. The thing about twinks is that there is usually diversity in some way, even if its just procs/trinkets. It is using what you have available in the game to get the best gear, unique gear, or gear specific to a task or what you want to do with what you can obtain, which is often what a twink is involved with or is. I am sure this is not even a full definition, as there are so many ways to build a twink. Also, just because it is using a higher level character, does not mean its exploiting, 101 twinks used to get their bis gear from lvl 110 purple BoE drops and that was certainly allowed. However, As others have said, gaining unintended gear is often a trait of twinks. I do not know if it should or will be nerfed, just that its good to have a back up set in case it does. Getting the best possible gear for your level through any means besides hacking is definitely considered a twink.

View attachment 17329
According to the Wikipedia page on twinking in MMORPGs that's exactly what twinking is.

Ok if this is the way it is and you really think this then why did they nerf it? Its because Blizzard did not intend to have that happen.
All im saying is i see a lot of posts of people getting upset. And twinks are killing twinks not Blizzard.

Actually, probably a wrong way to gear would be not having gear at all(empty slots) or gear without stats maybe, not sure what you would use that for heh.

Ok if this is the way it is and you really think this then why did they nerf it? Its because Blizzard did not intend to have that happen.
All im saying is i see a lot of posts of people getting upset. And twinks are killing twinks not Blizzard.
Are you implying that Blizzard endorses and encourages twinking? Because they don't lol. If they could, they would get rid of us with the snap of their fingers. It's not like Blizzard wants us to be running around in a full set of gear and one shotting people who just made their toon an hour ago and are leveling.

Twinking is all about finding the broken shit.

removing exp is still used for a few pve achievement/guild things, and its mainly gained use with chromie time so I don't think they would remove it now. f2p/vet stuff I am not sure how they would change it without messing up actual new f2ps/vets, but if they could change it they probably would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread