My Precious Bloodthorn Loop. A story

Gobolord

Veteran
I was starting work on Northrend JC, and took a flight from Dalaran to River's Heart in Sholazar. I noticed immediately that there was a ?? level dwarf who was flying on top of me. Both of us had war mode on. As we flew through Icecrown I kept hoping he would diverge, land somewhere else, but alas, we both stayed on our path. As we began to make our final descent, I considered my options.

I could fight, but it would surely be a losing battle, and I don't want rez sickness, or to get corpse camped. I could run, but he would surely not let me mount, and I'm a warrior, I can't get away on foot. So I looked to my bags in desperation, and what did I see? My Precious Bloodthorn Loop.

I equipped it and began the 30-second cooldown before it could be used. I looked at the timer, then at the landing zone, it wasn't enough, I needed more time. There were five seconds left when we landed and I took off running. I turned around when I noticed he had not attacked me and saw him mount a Grinning Reaver, three seconds left.

I stood and watched as he approached me. He stopped just outside melee range, laughed, then bowed. I returned the bow, one second left. He dismounted and ran at me, weapon drawn, and just before he struck me I pressed the thorns into my flesh.
And poof, I was gone, free to mine saronite. Until I realized I forgot something and just flew back to dalaran.

TL;DR I used the ring to stealth away from a high-level player and from my perspective it was really dramatic.

Sorry if this sort of thing doesn't belong here, but I only had the ring because of this forum so I thought you'd like to hear the story that came out of it.

I was starting work on Northrend JC, and took a flight from Dalaran to River's Heart in Sholazar. I noticed immediately that there was a ?? level dwarf who was flying on top of me. Both of us had war mode on. As we flew through Icecrown I kept hoping he would diverge, land somewhere else, but alas, we both stayed on our path. As we began to make our final descent, I considered my options.

I could fight, but it would surely be a losing battle, and I don't want rez sickness, or to get corpse camped. I could run, but he would surely not let me mount, and I'm a warrior, I can't get away on foot. So I looked to my bags in desperation, and what did I see? My Precious Bloodthorn Loop.

I equipped it and began the 30-second cooldown before it could be used. I looked at the timer, then at the landing zone, it wasn't enough, I needed more time. There were five seconds left when we landed and I took off running. I turned around when I noticed he had not attacked me and saw him mount a Grinning Reaver, three seconds left.

I stood and watched as he approached me. He stopped just outside melee range, laughed, then bowed. I returned the bow, one second left. He dismounted and ran at me, weapon drawn, and just before he struck me I pressed the thorns into my flesh.
And poof, I was gone, free to mine saronite. Until I realized I forgot something and just flew back to dalaran.

TL;DR I used the ring to stealth away from a high-level player and from my perspective it was really dramatic.

Sorry if this sort of thing doesn't belong here, but I only had the ring because of this forum so I thought you'd like to hear the story that came out of it.

@Gobolord UR GEAR WAS YUMMY !

Users who are viewing this thread