EU My new (kind of) bfa 29 Outlaw Rogue

Sergey

Veteran
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Kírov

This is my 29 rogue alt I made this expansion, any gear advice?
I have Vibroblade ilvl 31, 2x Darkwater Talwar, Troll’s bane leggings ilvl 30, dungeon satchel bracers and gloves of the quickblade (and engineering trinkets).
I want Midnight Mace, Shadowfang, Wolffear Harness, Troll’s bane leggings ilvl 31, bg chest, bracers, ring and dungeon satchel ring with better stats. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Some items that come to mind:
- 4/8 quickblade head
- 3/6 quickblade shoulders/scaled forest trackers
- 3/5 quickblade archer's
- 3/6 quickblade gloves

1) Your ring enchants are only +1... upgrade to +2. I still say you should ditch the funky agility ring and just go Electocutioners Lagnut and then a Quickblade ring (enchant +2 vers)

2) Agree with above... giving up "quickblade" items for the higher agility items is wrong... especially after the new patch. Dusky leather legs MAYBE... but even then... if you just go with "quickblade" you might see a .01% drop in dps... if that.

3)The only real exception to this is the Parachute Cloak WITH the +12 GF enchant.
If you don't have the old enchant making the entire cloak +22... it's just not that good (a lot of people say dumb shit here - but it is just not that great)... and I would even say its not BiS... you should go with Soul Render's Greatcloak or you should go with an Quickblade cloak from the AH and use the +4 agility +4 dodge enchant.

4) You just seem to overly attached to agility and it is not going to make you anymore glass cannon than if you just go crit/verse. You would need to just go bonkers with agility to make that work... and even then... it's not that great if you are not a full on GF old world twink... you just pop out and get 1 shot.

5) Next halloween ditch the flash talisman for the epic Halloween one.

6) Vibro-blade is for serious team play where you have people that notice the proc and take advantage of it... for pugs it is terrible. Cudgel and your BvB will be BiS after the patch... I fail to believe anything will beat those. Talwar's are very close, depending on if they get the proc nerfed might be 99.99% as good... if they get nerfed bag em and tag em.

7) Especially after the patch I don't think there will be any real GF items left you would put on a Rogue outside of +22 agility Parachute cloak (giving up quickblade items is just not correct in the current meta)... but, again... one item is not going to determine your worth.

8) Depending on what actually happens to Ruffled Chaplet or Ringed Helm... they might be BiS. It really depends on what happens to them LIVE and what actually happens to dungeon blues LIVE.

9) Last time everything on the PTR was supposed to go live, kids farmed dungeon satchels pre BFA for a week only to get a **** directly in their butt, so what is actually going to happen who knows.

Last edited:
1) Is that the binding/pact of versatility (Legion/Bfa) enchant? I will try double quickblade rings (bg crate/2x dungeon satchel) once I get another one.

2) I have the dungeon satchel bracers (3/4) and gloves (4/5) of the quickblade, I will continue to keep an eye out for some alternative quickblade items on the ah but haven’t had any luck yet. I happened to have the insignia pieces in my guild bank and thought they looked decent for agi build/placeholders.
How much versatility is 1 agility worth at 29, I think it’s 2 or 2,5 for rogues at 19?
I was under the impression vers will be worth less after the next patch with hidden satyr and elemental force getting nerfed.

4) This is my agility build, sacrificing survivability (vers and stam) for higher ap/dmg is kind of the definition of glass cannon though. I know a more balanced build is more versatile (pun intended), and use it more on my 19, but I think a full agi build is useful for some situations in bgs, and does noticeable more dmg in dungeons (faster runs) etc.

5) I think you mean the ap trinket from Brewfest (Octoberfest) boss, Hallows end boss just drops rings?

8) Both looks worse than the engi goggles or gnomish rebreather from gnomer currently, guess we’ll see after the patch.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
1) I don't remember the name, just look in the AH on your 29 and it will say +2 or not.

2) I would just farm the necessary items out of the dungeons for "quickblade", since "more than likely" they are going to be BiS after the new patch.

3) The problem with Strength or Agility builds in the 29s is that you can't really stack agility like a caster can stack intelligence... you can get to like 300+ int... not possible on an Agility toon. 270+ total Attack Power might be something, but again... Rogue does not have any goofy-retardo abilities like Aimed Shot to really take advantage of that much Attack Power. I would really just go Solid Survival-mode with versatility and you will just offer more, contribute more, and overall do more in any BG.

4) Yeah whatever that trinket is, the one that gives you a mini attack power buff and crit.

5) Apparently they have totally different stats on the PTR. I would keep the rebreather handy just in case however.

Users who are viewing this thread