Moving Forward

Chap

OG
Founder
First of all, let me thank you all for participating in this years Twink Cup. Whether you played in the cup, helped with the stream and event in some way, donated to the prize pool, graced us with your presence in the lively Twitch chat or just watched quietly from the sidelines does not matter; you were a part of this, and it could not have happened without you. The cup has become the pinnacle of this community, and the heights we reached this year speak volumes of the community as a whole.

Now that the Twink Cup has passed, however, it's time to update you all on how we will be moving forward in the foreseeable future. It's still summer, and with Legion looming, a lot of community members will probably take a break; if not forever, at least for a short while.

None of us know what will happen to twinking come Legion, but we plan on keeping the website running as long as there is a community to enjoy it. With that in mind, it's time to set a few long term plans into action, as promised a while back, starting with user name colors.

Sometime this week I will set up a poll for all the contributors who donated to the Twink Cup, which will let them vote on which of the enchant colors we used to indicate the goals during the donation campaign will be used as their permanent color. The colors you will be able to choose from are Superior Striking (+5 damage), Fiery Weapon, Crusader and Agility; all colors we have displayed on the forum leading up to the cup. Whichever color is chosen will be granted to all members wielding the rank, and this will let us move forward adding colors to the other user groups depending on which colors are still available.

In addition to the contributors, we plan on adding colored usernames to the following user groups to begin with:
  • Administrators
  • Moderators
  • Twink Cup Champions
  • Streamers
  • Veterans
  • Grandfathered

And just to confirm it once and for all, we are reintroducing the veteran rank at the community's request, but it has now been set to 5 years (up from 3). Any user eligible to receive this rank will already have it, and we might also make a badge to better represent the user group, but this has not yet been decided.

In addition to user name colors, some of the goals from the donation campaign have yet to be fulfilled. We still owe you a tournament, but given the uncertainty of the bracket this close to the expansion, we might have to wait until after Legion has launched to set this into motion. It could very well serve as a nice introductory event to test wargaming in the new era of WoW, but this is not yet set in stone.

After conversing with Squidgy, the person responsible for the return of That 19's Show, we also agreed that we will wait until after the prepatch has arrived to start collecting videos from the community. The videos will be collected using an email we made specifically for this reason, and they will all be patched together similarly to the previous show.

Hopefully this summary covers most of the things the community is pondering, but if you feel like there's anything we missed, feel free to ask about it in the thread, and we'll try our best to answer.

Sincerely,
XPOff

In regards to the veterans title, you might as well have it at 6-7 years. A lot of twinks have been around for a long time and making it only 2011 is still fairly recent. Especially when the game has been out for so long.

Like I said, I feel like it's all over... Just wish there was something I could do to keep this all going, alas, I am just a nobody.
Twinking will never be "over" as long as there are Players willing to spend the time/effort on their Toons.

Does TI membership count for Veteran? Or is this not about how long one has been a member of either Website but how long they've actually Twinked?

It's based on the signup date of your account, which carried over from Twinkinfo when we merged.

Oh, so I was actually really close to being a Veteran. Feelsbadman.

Awww yisss, can't wait for ' that 19's show'!!

Would it be preferable to have two ranks, similar to Twinkinfo?

Well now that veteran is 5 years, wouldn't TI's elder rank be moved to 8-10 years? And it's a big question as to who would stick around that long or if the game even lasts (likely it will)

Edit: honestly I thought the 3 year requirement was fine as it was. But seeing as a large percentage of people here have lingered, I can see why you would make it 5. New members would see oldies everywhere if it were 3.

Well now that veteran is 5 years, wouldn't TI's elder rank be moved to 8-10 years? And it's a big question as to who would stick around that long or if the game even lasts (likely it will)

The primary reason we set it to 5 years was because we chose to only have one rank. If we went with two, we could always take another look at the requirements for veterans. Nothing here is set in stone, and it would be great with feedback from the community.

The primary reason we set it to 5 years was because we chose to only have one rank. If we went with two, we could always take another look at the requirements for veterans. Nothing here is set in stone, and it would be great with feedback from the community.

Is it likely that veterans can get special permissions like increased avatar size and such? Not sure if that requires a lot of UI work

Two ranks please xoxo

I set up the poll for contributors to choose which username color they want to wield moving forward. The poll can be found here, but it can only be seen and voted on by contributors.

Users who are viewing this thread