Most OP class in Mist of Pandaria?

Exalt

Legend
The title says it all.
Based on the information released right now, what do you think is the most OP class in MoP?
Whether it be best FC, CC, Kitting, DPS, Survive ability. Lets discuss :)

Boomkins will be the new hunter.

I called it.

Rshamans will be the new FC.

Other than losing earthbind totem, they gain a 2min CD that reduces dmg taken by 50%
Instant ghost wolf
Healing Surge is still there
Riptide(instant heal then run)

That'll be hard to top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rshamans will be the new FC.

Other than losing earthbind totem, they gain a 2min CD that reduces dmg taken by 50%
Instant ghost wolf
Healing Surge is still there
Riptide(instant heal then run)

That'll be hard to top.

I call Hpals being equal to or better than Rshams for FC. Holy Shock and WoG will still top Riptide, their armor is still slightly better, LoH is amazing for FC, and they'll be running at 40% speed for most of the map.

The 50% damage reduc on Rsham CD also lowers their healing by 30%, which offsets its use. I'll probably end up taking the Shield totem talent.

Hunters will likely be just as OP as now, since they have the most mobility and damage, neither of which are being nerfed. Balance druids never fare well, and when they do come on equal footing with other casters for burst damage, they nerf them to the ground (S9 to S10, for example).

As far as arena is concerned, the resurrection spell that Monks are getting WILL HAVE to be nerfed to be balanced. 5s res in arena is ridiculous.

Being able to dodge/parry hunter stuff? I'm stacking dodge and MIGHT roll tank...

Hunters will likely be just as OP as now, since they have the most mobility and damage, neither of which are being nerfed. Balance druids never fare well, and when they do come on equal footing with other casters for burst damage, they nerf them to the ground (S9 to S10, for example).

Hunters are losing their stat stick, for starters, and at least one more class (druids) is getting a closer to negate their disengage.

Probaly to early to be making this call now but probaly monks, from what has been floating around so far monks will probaly be op at lower lvls and no doubt we will be seeing them in the f2p bracket sooner or later

Mistweaver, can't wait to play one of these :p

Im gonna say arcane mages. Arcane barrage is 3 sec, and can be buffed up by casting arcane blast. I'm gonna go on a hunch and say they'll be doing some insane burst. Shatter is now passive, so multiple mages mean you're screwed if they decide to team up

mages are gonna fucking hurt next expansion.

fire mages are gonna be running around spamming scorch w/ instant pyroblast procs
arcane mages are gonna be ninjas, spamming arcane blast then kill 5 ppl at once.
frost mages will run around frost nova'ing for the arcane/fire mages so they do even more burst dmg.

ugh mages r gonna hurt ><

Affliction locks are gonna be very strong as well, soulfire has a 100% crit chance and if you hard cast one into an instant soulfire via soulburn you're looking at 1200 damage or more in about 4 secs.

Not to mention their dots are going to be ticking for a ton of damage as well. And we get a 50% heal every 3 mins, couple that with a health potion + healthstone and you're looking at a warlock LoH every 3 mins.

Demo could also be strong depending on how good meta form is. Oh gawd i cant wait.

Edit: hmm apparently soulfire has a 8 sec cast time if used on a target with > 25% health. :( I foresee haste stacking come MoP

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that resilience is going to be a baseline stat now, and not come from gear. This might give the 20s a big more survivability.

Right now its 30% baseline pvp damage reduction. Although it hasn't been stated if its a progression from level 1->90 or 30% at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread