Most fun?

Farconn

Legend
Hey I was looking for the most fun dps class to roll for bgs and arenas. I don't want to roll feral or a pally because that's only fun for a few days. I want something with a bit of skill needed but also viable... I was thinking arms war, fire mage or boomkin. If I went fire Mage I would stack crit rating for insta pyro. What would be the most fun to play I like every class so if you have other suggestions tell me :).

I must say that arms warriors are not very fun, however that could change in 5.2 so you might want to wait a little bit. The most fun classes are the fast paced ones where one move will make or break you IMO. Mages are really fun and seeing a huge pyroblast crit every once in a while makes it worthwhile. You might find hunters fun as well. I havn't played boomkin so I can't give to much insight on that but ele shamans are also viable and you can always switch to resto if you don't like it (I think resto is one of the most fun healing classes to play).

Moonkin is loads of fun.

Haven't tried anything else though, except some ele shammie, which is also fun.

My vote is for

1. Mage of some sort (tons of control but can be frustrating to play because the deeps is so low while the dying is so high)
2. Demo Lock (basically just for demonic leap - most fun ability in the whole bracket)
3. Ele Sham (you're like a utility belt that can heal that also shoots lightning out of your hands ffs)
4. Boomkin (huge critz and never dying = op)
5. BM Hunt (because I said so)

I must say that arms warriors are not very fun

I disagree highly, I love playing my warrior, but you almost literally NEED a healer.

If you want something with a bit of skill needed don't go boomkin.

If you would of said that back in Cata, I'd smack you for that.

I wanna say that Oniyui, you are wrong. But in a way.... I'd be lying. Boomkins has become very strong since MoP was released, but a bad player with a good class is still gonna get pooped on. Someone who doesn't know when to Hard cast, When to Kite, or when to DoT spam will just die off way too fast.

I think the words I wanna use is:

" It's easy to be a good boomkin in MoP. But it's even easier to be a bad boomkin. If you don't know what you are doing as a boomkin, you won't kill anything and you'll just keep dying. But someone who knows how to play a boomkin will be very difficult to kill and will do a lot of damage. "

"If you were bad as a boomkin in Cata, you'll still be bad as a boomkin MoP. But if you were good as a boomkin in Cata, you'll be unstoppable in MoP"

"MoP Boomkins aren't the Cata Hunters. Back in Cata, a hunter could spam 1 button and everything would flop."

"You should never to try focus down a good boomkin. But you should ALWAYS prioritize your kills on a bad boomkin over everything else. A Bad boomkin will just flop over and die. But a good boomkin will never give you a chance to do it."

"A Bad boomkin is an easy kill; it's a complete joke. But a good boomkin is a nightmare."

It's kinda hard to explain...but I hope that kinda makes sense.

Farcoon, if you are looking to play a fun class; boomkin is the way to go. You should also give Ele Sham a try as well as BM Hunter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire mage is good for lols now, but from what I understand from 5.2 PTR, you aren't going to be able to stack enough crit to make it work.

if you are looking for FUN

i'd say priest

mind control is the best, but you said dps so...

i'd have to say warlock.

I really hope I can voice my opinion without getting 3 people to troll me tomorrow for saying this >.<

MM is fun for those high crits and high damage bursts however you need to know when to cast aimed shot or when to just arcane spam. Some of my favorite MoP moments so far has been a 1.6k crit on a 3 stack fc Rdruid, a 1.9k crit on a 24 spriest with 10 stacks (revengeeeee), a 1.2k crit on a 10 stack Rdruid followed up by another 1.5k crit. So basically MM is fun if you want to have an opportunity to 1 shot people occasionally.

I just recently specced to BM but I must say out of cata sv and MoP MM that MoP BM is by far the most fun. Never understood the amount of CC everyone was talking about until I went bm with bat/wasp lol. Now around 75% of MoP healers will go down with my CC and I can completely toy with basically every dps class just watching them get chained cc'd.

Only thing that I would warn you about is the general opinion on hunts but I would be lying if I said you wouldn't have fun with one

I really hope I can voice my opinion without getting 3 people to troll me tomorrow for saying this >.<

Never understood the amount of CC everyone was talking about until I went bm with bat/wasp lol. Now around 75% of MoP healers will go down with my CC and I can completely toy with basically every dps class just watching them get chained cc'd.

I'll go first.

FINALLY

Now you understand. xP

<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes ele has purge. Shitty dps but cwazy utility.

No opinion on hunter but boomkin is alot of fun - but it gets a little too easy after a while if you're even marginally good.

I'm still pissed I geared my boomkin for hit /sigh.

Yes ele has purge. Shitty dps but cwazy utility.

Dps isnt too bad on ele. Throw your totem, flame shock, and lightning shield for some consistent damage. Stack crit and you can crit 500 with your earth shock and lightning bolt. I'm not saying its great, but you can definitely put out some solid damage.

Users who are viewing this thread