EU+US More General Guide for 99s?

Infomerc

Legend
Hey, all. Still new to Legion. Read Doctorphil's helpful guide.
I'm curious about things like what can/cannot be done at 99. I know we only get the one artifact.

What about Class Hall, followers, etc? I have Resources building up, but so far nothing to spend them on. I have not finished my first zone yet. Can someone point me to a guide? This site or another.

I'm generally not interested in PvE/achievements/etc except for what it can get me for PvP, both iPvP and WPvP...which at 99 probably means escaping/surviving. This can include Appearances; I don't always like the colors of gear/pets/etc.

Thanks

You cannot use your follower in your garrison at 99, you can use you ressources in any class hall for buying x5 Blood of sargeras (5k ressource) or the toy champions salute (1k ressource), maybe someone else can point out other stuff buyable somewhere else but i dont think its something you should really care. If you dont find what you need by searching on this website you can ask your question here or use google / wowhead etc

Unfortunately your class hall resources are completely useless at 99. You cannot spend them until 101 I believe.

Also you cannot get a level 3 Garrison until level 100. There are a few other things from Warlords of Draenor that are restricted to level 100 as well.

Is there anything else you were curious about? I've been thinking about updating my guide, but I'm not sure how worth it it is at this point since we probably only have ~5 or 6 months until much of the information is obsolete.

It won't be obsolete. You won't lose your artifact weapon until you complete the Silithus questline after 110. You'll still be able build it up with AP until that point, meaning 99's will still have them with AP talents fully activated. If they just blanket greyed out everyones weapons as soon as 8.0 hit people would just be walking around wielding potatoes for weapons.

But in answer to the thread, docturphils guide is great, there's only a few tips that are missing such as:
- Download Handynotes addon with legion data pack and get ALL the treasures/rare mobs in all 4 legion leveling zones. That's easily a few thousand AP.
- For god's sake, add the secret mushroom vendor in the part about Nelph run's for a slow fall mechanism. I spent a few days trying to make that jump as a warrior without any slow fall until I remembered about Floaty Fungus.
- Someone has already posted a picture guide on how to skip 2nd boss, so I don't think Blizz cares at this point, might be good to add it. Or not, I figured it out pretty easily without any guide.
- There might be better places to farm BoEs. I really just started, so I haven't gotten any BoEs yet, but I like the murlocs just south of the ley pools in Azsuna. Lots more of them and they respawn very quickly. PLUS they drop GOLD and lots of greens and grey items. WoWHead says they drop the BoEs so I guess I'll keep trying there. The Imps just don't do it for me.
-

Hi, all. Thanks for the replies.
So, seems the Class Hall isn't a worthwhile pursuit.
What about completing a Pillars of Creation? I'm just wandering around my first zone, following some quest chain(s). Not sure if I'm on the right track, missing a breadcrumb, or simply ineligible as a 99.

Professions: I'm cleared on one prof to move it to 800, but the Alchemy Trainers are silent about unlocking me above 700. Is there some prereq for alchemy? Is it like WoD where I have to get something to drop?

Most of the guides I've found on Wowhead and Icy Veins are silent on level rqs. They assume a normal progression rather than stopping at 99.

Thanks again

What about completing a Pillars of Creation? I'm just wandering around my first zone, following some quest chain(s). Not sure if I'm on the right track, missing a breadcrumb, or simply ineligible as a 99.

Professions: I'm cleared on one prof to move it to 800, but the Alchemy Trainers are silent about unlocking me above 700. Is there some prereq for alchemy? Is it like WoD where I have to get something to drop?

Most of the guides I've found on Wowhead and Icy Veins are silent on level rqs. They assume a normal progression rather than stopping at 99.

Thanks again
yeah the profession thing in wonky for sure. my paly alch so i can make flasks but the alch stops at 700.
as far as the class hall is concerned, once you finish the quests in each zone theres really no reason to go there. at some point grab your green off spec weapons. im drawing a blank on if you can get the class hall rank 1 upgrade for epic quest rewards at 99 or not. i’ll check when i get my fucking kids off my computer. thanks fortnight.

Thanks again

You have to do all the main questlines for each zone other than suramar for the best in slot 800 ilvl items. Thats all in docturphils guide.

It won't be obsolete. You won't lose your artifact weapon until you complete the Silithus questline after 110. You'll still be able build it up with AP until that point, meaning 99's will still have them with AP talents fully activated.

There seem to be a few instances where a former artifact ability is becoming a talent, such as Phoenix Flames. Won't it be weird to be able to have both of them at the same time? It makes me think some type of disabling could still occur.

Users who are viewing this thread