Dismiss Notice
Hey Mr. Anonymous! Now you can post here as a guest without registering on the website! Enjoy ^.^

EU+US More 109 Stuff.

Discussion in 'Level 100-109' started by norcal313, Dec 25, 2017.

Share This Page

1. norcal313

norcal313 Veteran

Over the last several months I've made some observations about how 101s are unable to loot certain mobs and chests, or do certain events that 110s can do.

Something I have also noticed is how many things 109s can do that 101s cannot. For instance, all of those rare elites in Broken Shores and Argus? 101s don't get the normal loot from them (Except for Eye of Gurgh) but 109s do! That's right, you can farm them on you 109 alt and get small AP tokens (75 AP iirc) and veiled argunite. It's not a terribly efficient way to farm AP but it's something some people are unaware of.

I did an invasion on my 109 and got more veiled argulite and my second legendary from it. I went for the greater invasion and got an epic 850 AP token. That is definitely something worthwhile to do each week.

Hope this helps the few 109s like me!

EDIT: I have done about half a dozen invasions on 101s and my 109. Not one of my 101s has received anything except the invasion completion notification. My 109 has, on the regular, got rare AP tokens, a weapon, and the legendary I have equipped. The rare weapons are 110 requirement yet it added to my xmog collection upon looting it. I cannot equip it on my 109. Very odd.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you get to argus? sorry if its a simple thing, i just assumed it was 110 only...

3. Naxxramaskid

Naxxramaskid Everybody Hates Naxxkid

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    norcal313

norcal313 Veteran

That's a method I had not thought of. I got there the old fashioned twink way, lock summoning! Took a bit since you need 3 friends to do it. My recommendation is to get summoned to one of the teleporters in any of the zones, click it to "learn" the flight path, then walk to the Vindicar's portal which is usually directly below the hovering Vindicar. Once you port up to the Vindicar set your hearth there. Now you can return at your leisure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if youre able to get a lock summon mske sure its to the ground and not the ship! toons under 110 cant use the console to choose where to fly. there is a dal port to get out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Naxxramaskid

Naxxramaskid Everybody Hates Naxxkid

Somehow I can use them on my level 20 druid. Must have unlocked them while playing around with the engineering portal.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it sounds like getting the flight path on the ground first open it up for use

8. OP
    norcal313

norcal313 Veteran

An update for the 109s who were interested in this; I have been doing the invasions every day, 6 total, since I posted this. I also kill most rares I see while I am going to each invasion. I got my 3rd legendary today, after an invasion, after killing a rare in Argus.

This seems to be a pretty efficient way to farm legendaries for us :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no leggos yet but a few epic AP tokens from the silver elites. on a side note ive been out killing the silver elites on broken isle to farm nethershards to purchase
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=147707/repurposed-fel-focuser

why didnt anyone tell me about this!!? does the buff stick in bg’s? has a 101 requirement

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was able to use the Wormhole Generator: Argus to get to Argus and made it to the Vindicaar. I alos set my Hearthstone to the Inn in the Vindicaar. But now I can't get out of the Vindicaar to go out into the Argus zone. I also don't see a flight path anywhere in Argus. Nor do I have the Lightforged Beacon at Krasus' Landing. Any ideas? I'm a level 109 Demon Hunter btw.

11. Roboartist

Roboartist Reclaimer Moderator Secret Tricks 4 WoW

I've been able to go into invasion points on my 101

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

using argus eng port toy works, but you have to get to the vindicator up ground portals because even though your level 110 main has unlocked all the FP/ports in the three areas, they will not work for a low level player till you get to vindicator first. once you get to vindicator port console with work

setting hearth to vindicator is a good idea if you only switched to eng to use toy and plan on changing prof. having it there is as good as having it in new dalaran inns

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stats you see are based at 110, they scale lower for 101 to 109 players, blizz btw ganked MOP http://www.wowhead.com/item=86569/crystal-of-insanity it also scales based on level, ironicly was intended for 85-90 players and does not give full +57 stats till a few levels past 90 into another expac. sure blizz ganked http://www.wowhead.com/item=118922/oralius-whispering-crystal in the same makes no sense manner

14. OP
    norcal313

norcal313 Veteran

Yeah, I said I could go into them (see the bottom of the original post) but I have yet to get any loot. I've done many of them on different 101s, only get completion notice at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Veechard

Veechard Veteran

Nice item never knew about this. I think there is an item called nethershard cluster that can be purchased off auction house and gives 500 shards. Might be 110 to use but worth looking into if your sick of farmin rares

Edit: it’s called nethercluster, and yes a 101 can use them

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah even scaled to 109 in wowhead it gives more stam than any flask. add in fodd on top of that..... i cant wait to try it out! only 2k more shards to grind then the rep grind. will probably have to max legionfall on my 110 then send the BoA rep tokens.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can access your follower missions there as well!

18. Roboartist

Roboartist Reclaimer Moderator Secret Tricks 4 WoW

You may be right. But in terms of whether or not the boss is lootable, shouldn't make much of a difference if you obtain a legendary.

Even the world bosses from the Broken Isles don't drop loot, but it's been proven that Players have gotten legendaries from them. When a kill registers, theres a small chance you will recieve a legendary. With world bosses, loot doesn't actually drop from the bag, it is instead randomly generated into your bags. Same goes with legendaries.

19. OP
    norcal313

norcal313 Veteran

You could be right. Unfortunately I won't be farming too many of them on my 101s right now so I won't be able to add any more input on the matter. Maybe next month, got too much stuff I'm working on now :|