[MOP] Arberian021's Feral F2P Druid Guide

Arberian021

By the Claws be Punished!
1-Intro

Welcome to the Mists of Pandaria , Feral Druid Guide by Arberian021 . This is a guide for beginners on Feral Druids , World of Warcraft F2P gamers who have never played Feral Druids and for some guys who need to know how to gear up , or for those who want to know DPS rotations of the feral.

This guide has 6 Parts:
1.Intro2.Races3.Abilities4.Talents5.Stats6.Gearing

2-Races

Alliance:
All the races of the alliance give you good abilities , and good passive effects. They are all viable for Feral Druids.

Worgen :

Darkflight : A very useful speed increase ability that can be used to escape, to reach the enemy faster , or to return the flag faster on different battlegrounds. This ability increases your movement speed by 40%.
Viciousness : Increases your critical chance by 1% . Is a very good passive because a critical in the right time can save a game, or u can crit to win a duel.
Aberration : Reduces 1% shadow and nature damage. Sometimes this can save your character’s life .
Flayer : Skinning Skil increased by 15 and allows you to skin faster. Can be used to level skinning faster to 100 , allowing you to create the right armor kits more easy.
Two-forms : Allows you to turn into a human-Worgen. Has no benefits.

Worgen are a very good race for feral druids , because they can run fast , they got critical boost and reduce 1% nature and shadow damage.

Night Elves :

Shadowmeld : Reduces your threat and also allow you to hide. This ability can be used to escape or to allow you to Prowl again.
Quckness : Reduces the chance that meele and ranged attacks will hit you by 2%. Very useful because this passive effect is a survival one.
Wisp Spirit : Increases our movement speed by 25% while you are dead. This doesn’t really serve in Battlegrounds , or battles...
Nature Resistance : Reduces 1% nature damage. Is a good passive effect because this allows you to take reduced damage and may save your character’s life.
Elusiviness : : Increases movement speed while stalthed by 5% and reduces the chance enemies will detect you. This ability allows you to move faster while prowled.

Also night elves got 7 agility bonus on Druids comparing to the other classes. They can also use prowl for a second time in battle if they use Shadowmeld.

Horde :

Taurens :

Endurance : Increases your base health by 5%. Very good passive effect because it helps you to survive!!
War Stomp : Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. May serve as an interrupt, allowing you to kill healers or to stop damaging spells.
Cultivation : Increases herbalism skill by 15. Allows you to gather herbs for higher herbalism levels faster.
Nature Resistance : Reduces Nature damage taken by 1%.

Taurens are very good as Feral Druids. They can interrupt spells and got bonus health. They can also reduce 1% nature damage.

Trolls :

Berserking : Increases your total haste by 20% for 10 sec. This allows you to generate more energy and increases your auto attack speed by 20% making your auto attacks faster, allowing you to deal more damage with auto attacks.
Regeneration : Allows 10% of the HP regeneration continue while in combat. A good passive effects which helps a Feral Druid to survive.
Beast slaying : increases damage dealt versus beasts by 5% . U really don’t need this passive effects if you are a Feral Druid.
Dead Eye : Increases expertise with guns, crossbows and bows by 1%. You don’t really need this.
Da Voodoo Shuffle : Reduces the duration of movements impairing effects by 15%. Very useful against different types of spellcasters/hunters.

Trolls got good survival abilities , and they can deal high damage with berserking.

--All races all viable for feral druids, but the druids benefit from the racial abilities in different ways. For example: Taurens' abilities give the druid a stun and increased HP--

3-Abilities

1-Moonfire : Deals Arcane damage instantly and arcane damage over time. Not very useful on feral.
2-Wrath : Deals nature damage to the enemy. Not Very useful on feral.
3-Rejuvenation : Basic healing ability. Must be kept active while in battle.
4-Rake : An ability that causes bleed damage over 16 seconds. Always keep active on your enemies.
5-Mangle : Primary damage dealing ability. Use it to generate combo points.
6-Rip : An bleeding ability that deals bleed damage over 18 seconds based on combo points. Deals high damage when used on 5 combo points.
7-Savage Roar : : Increases damage dealt by 40%, but requires combo points. I suggest you to use this ability when u have 4 or 5 combo points because this allows you to deal high damage.
8-Tiger's Fury : This ability generates 60 energy and increases physical damage by 15% for 6 seconds. Use this ability when u need energy or when you have savage roar buff active and have 3 active combo points on the target so you can use Ferocious Bite.
9-Ferocious Bite : An ability which deals damage based on attack power and on combo points. Always use this ability when you have 5 combo poins, savage roar active and Tiger’s Fury Active.
10-Entangling Roots : Use this ability to keep an enemy rooted or to escape.
11-Shred : An basic attacking ability that deals extra damage if on the target are bleeding effects.

But how to use these abilities?!
Well it depends on target’s armor:

If target has cloth or leather armor use these abilities:
1-Rake
2-Mangle ( or Shred )
3-Mangle ( or Shred )
4-Rake
5-Savage Roar ==> 4 or 5 combo points
6-Mangle ( or Shred )
7-Mangle ( or Shred )
8-Rake
9-Mangle ( or Shred )
10-Tiger’s Fury
11-Mangle ( or Shred )
12-Ferocious Bite ==> 5 combo points , it is sure it will deal 1300-1800 damage if u have savage roar buff active

If target has mail armor use these abilities:
1-Rake
2- Mangle ( or Shred )
3- Mangle ( or Shred )
4- Mangle ( or Shred )
5- Rake
6-Savage Roar ==> 5 combo points
7- Mangle ( or Shred )
8- Mangle ( or Shred )
9- Mangle ( or Shred )
10-Rake
11- Mangle ( or Shred )
12-Rip ==> 5 combo points
13- Mangle ( or Shred )
14- Mangle ( or Shred )
15-Rake
16- Tiger’s Fury
17 -Mangle ( or Shred )
18- Mangle ( or Shred )
19- Ferocious Bite ==> 5 combo points

Some players are gonna ask why using Rip and not immediately Ferocious Bite. It is simple: Bleeds ignore armor and that would deal an high damage over armored targets.

4-Talents :

1-Wild Charge :
  • No Shapeshift: Fly to a nearby ally’s position.
  • Cat Form: Leap behind a target reducing movement speed.
  • Bear Form: Charge to an enemy, immobilizing them for 4 sec.
  • Travel Form: Leap 20 yards Forward.
Very usable if you would like to deal damage with shread on your enemies. U can also root your targets and this ability allows you to escape from battle.

2-Feline Swiftness : Increases movement speed by 15%.
This ability helps your to move faster and to reach multiple enemies faster. Also allows you to escape faster.

3-Displacer Beast : Allows you to teleport 20 yards forward and increases movement speed by 50%.
Alows your to escape faster from battle.

In order to deal high damage I would suggest you the first or the second talent stated before.

5-Stats :

Primary: Agility ==> Increases critical strike and attack power allowing you to deal more damage.
Stamina ==>Increases your stamina so you can resist more in battle.
Secondary:Critical Strike ==> Increases the chance that you will deal 200% normal damage when using an
ability that deals damage.
Haste==> Increases auto attack speed, allowing you to attack more faster and increases your
energy regeneration rate.

6-Gear :

Head:
Flying Tiger Googles
Rifle commander's Eyepatch (A)
Lucky Fishing Hat

Neck:
Sentinel's Medallion (A)
Scout's Medallion (H)

Shoulders:
Shadowfang Spaulders
Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders

Chest:
Stained Shadowcraft Tunic
Armor of The Fang

Back:
Tultumoas Cloack of the bandit
Tultumous Cloack of the monkey

Wrist:
Bands of Serra'kis
Black Wolf Bracers

Hands:
Naga Battle Gloves
Foreman's Gloves

Waist:
Vigorious Belt of the bandit
Vigorious Belf of the monkey

Legs:
Leggings of The Fang
Aluwyn Legguards Alliance
Smelting Pants
Hogger's Trousers

Feet:
Feet of The Lynx
Standart Issue Prisoner Shoes

Rings:
Signet of Argas
Ello's Band (A)
Protector's Band (A)
Legionnaire's Band (H)
Ring of Precision

Trinkets:
Arena Grand Master
Rune of Perfection
Insignia of The Alliance (A)
Inherited Insignia of The Alliance (A)
Insignia of The Horde (H)
Inherited insignia of The Horde (H)
Swift Hand of Justice

Weapons:
Shadestar Mace (A)
Staff of The Green Circle
Repurposed Lava Dredger
Riot Stick (A)

[UPDATED: 20/11/2013]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Arberian021's Feral F2P Druid Guide MoP

You may want to note that the only difference between the heirloom PvE shoulders scaled to 24 and serpent shoulders from WC is 4 hit and about 20 armor. IMO the SFK ones are better for a crit/stam set, i.e. if FC'ing as feral. Armor of the fang scales up to have 3 more agility but 7 less stamina, useful for glass cannon sets. In my personal experience I've found healers and ranged not targeting one's self are easy to get behind and use shred on. Also if I'm not mistaken an attack cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried from behind, so shred is generally immune to mitigation. I'll confirm this later if you'd like.

You may want to note that the only difference between the heirloom PvE shoulders scaled to 24 and serpent shoulders from WC is 4 hit and about 20 armor. IMO the SFK ones are better for a crit/stam set, i.e. if FC'ing as feral. Armor of the fang scales up to have 3 more agility but 7 less stamina, useful for glass cannon sets. In my personal experience I've found healers and ranged not targeting one's self are easy to get behind and use shred on. Also if I'm not mistaken an attack cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried from behind, so shred is generally immune to mitigation. I'll confirm this later if you'd like.

You are right but here i wrote all possible best gear that an Feral may have !!
About Shred you are totally right and it deals high damage if u have Savage Roar active and cant be dodged from behind.

You might want to make a Chardev for Alliance and Horde and explain why those are the best sets for a Feral. I'd also talk about the scaling of items in BG's and such. The rest was pretty good tho :)

Also, perhaps any good macro's you have that might help other would be a nice addition.

Also if I'm not mistaken an attack cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried from behind, so shred is generally immune to mitigation.

I'm not a 100% sure about blocking (as it has probably changed since when I played p2p) but what I DO know is, that you can parry but not dodge from behind. Also, if you get stunned (including a Tauren druids Warstomp) you can't dodge, parry or block either.

I'm not a 100% sure about blocking (as it has probably changed since when I played p2p) but what I DO know is, that you can parry but not dodge from behind. Also, if you get stunned (including a Tauren druids Warstomp) you can't dodge, parry or block either.

you can not parry or dodge from behind but bosses can dodge from behind.

you can not parry or dodge from behind but bosses can dodge from behind.

Thanks for clarification, Mr officer, Sir. ;)

Depends on the enemy type :p

Perhaps you could write a small piece on how Feral is played in general, and how you should takle all different classes. Might be a bit of work, but it'll add a lot of value to the guide, imo.

Perhaps you could write a small piece on how Feral is played in general, and how you should takle all different classes. Might be a bit of work, but it'll add a lot of value to the guide, imo.

It took me 3 days to prepare this one :D , i think everyone knows how to handle spellcasters and how to handle hunters or meele's.

Last edited by a moderator:

You might want to make a Chardev for Alliance and Horde and explain why those are the best sets for a Feral. I'd also talk about the scaling of items in BG's and such. The rest was pretty good tho :)

Also, perhaps any good macro's you have that might help other would be a nice addition.
These are good ideas! Moving thread. :) Good luck, and keep perfecting it!

Nice guide.. might try f2p just for the challenge

It gives intelect and critical , probably for healers. I dont think Riot Stick is good for Feral!!

Puh, i really appreciate your work here.

But your comment above shows that you might not have much experience with feral basics.

The main dmg source of a feral is by far the weapon dps! The agility is just a small upgrade (mainly for your white damage).

That's the reason why i would always prefer a crit build as f2p feral.

Cheers
Beatsteak

Users who are viewing this thread