General Mo Consumables, Mo Bag Space Problems: A Helpful Guide on Using Class Trials for Consumables

Rhaellia

Has Been
Introduction

What this guide is: A simple guide meant to teach you how to make some basic consumables many of us enjoy using. As well as providing some helpful utility through free portals to any city minus new dalaran.

What this guide isn't: This guide is not meant to teach you how to make gold with class trials. Or in anyway meant to be a completely comprehensive guide on class trials.

Why you might want to use this: Maybe you have no level 100s on the realm your twink is on. Maybe you do but you don't want to drop professions. Maybe you just like doing things for yourself. Or maybe you don't want to ask someone to make 1000 of x or y.

Getting Started

You'll need Legion to unlock class trials. You'll also want some gold to buy the recipes you need and of course the mats to craft the items.

When you first create and login to your class trial you'll be on a ship. Open your bags and use your garrison hearthstone. Find and take the portal to Ashran, both alliance and horde's portals are near the mine.

Drums of Fury

In Ashran you will need to travel to the Leatherworking trainer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For Horde that will be Burga Stronghide who can be found in a small hut, pictured below.

HSula10.jpg

Right next to her is Garm Gladestrike who sells Leatherworking patterns. You'll need to buy Draenor Leatherworking from him for 100g. It will teach you the basic Warlords of Draenor patterns. You'll need to make one Secrets of Draenor Leatherworking and exchange it for Recipe: Drums of Fury.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For Alliance that will be Jistun Sharpfeather who can be found in a small hut, pictured below.

ZQE0Cpn.jpg

Right next to him is Leara Moonsilk who sells Leatherworking patterns. You'll need to buy Draenor Leatherworking from her for 100g. It will teach you the basic Warlords of Draenor patterns. You'll need to make one Secrets of Draenor Leatherworking and exchange it for Recipe: Drums of Fury.

Goblin Gliders

In Ashran you will need to travel to the Engineering trainer.

For Horde that will be Han Leaprocket who can be found in a large building, pictured below.

HneUyFS.jpg

Right next to him (well, close by) is Nik Steelwings who sells Engineering patterns. You'll need to buy Draenor Engineering from him for 100g. Once you learn it you'll beable to make Goblin Gliders.

For Alliance that will be Hilda Copperfuze who can be found in a small hut, pictured below.

L04YKyO.jpg

Right next to her is Sean Catchpole who sells Engineering patterns. You'll need to buy Draenor Engineering from him for 100g. Once you learn it you'll beable to make Goblin Gliders.

Note: You can also make Goblin Gliders through the use of an engineering shop in your garrison when you have a follower assigned to that building.

Reflecting Prism

In Ashran you will need to travel to the Jewelcrafting trainer.

For Horde that will be Alixander Swiftsteel who can be found in a small hut, pictured below.

Wjr2cPT.jpg

Right next to hhim is Kaevan Highwit who sells Jewelcrafting patterns. You'll need to buy Draenor Jewelcrafting from him for 100g. It will teach you the basic Warlords of Draenor patterns. You'll need to make three Secrets of Draenor Jewelcrafting (this will take 3 days) and exchange them for Recipe: Reflecting Prism.

For Alliance that will be Artificer Nissea who can be found in a small hut, pictured below.

sY8wuDI.jpg

Right next to her is Artificer Harlaan who sells Jewelcrafting patterns. You'll need to buy Draenor Jewelcrafting from him for 100g. It will teach you the basic Warlords of Draenor patterns. You'll need to make three Secrets of Draenor Jewelcrafting (this will take 3 days) and exchange them for Recipe: Reflecting Prism.

Portals

A class trial mage can port any of your characters to any of the cities except for new Dalaran. Here's how.

In Ashran you will need to travel to the portal trainer. For Horde that will be Samaeli Roseblade. For Alliance that will be Julia Watkins. Both are pictured below.

WhUoAPV.jpg

7E9II2a.jpg

Once you learn the portals you want to learn, create a group through the the group finder premade groups feature. I list mine under custom, personally. Check the box that says auto accept. Cast the portal you want. Log over. Log in. Join your own group. Click the portal.

In Closing

Some of this information might be general knowledge by now but I felt like it wouldn't hurt to post it in case some didn't already know these helpful tricks.

Good info to get out there, im surprised by how many people dont realize how useful class trials are (druid makes excellent herb farmer). What I haven't figured out is what causes the class trial to eventually lock? Is it a certain period of time (in game) im not sure I know ive had some for months and months that i can still access and others that have locked before that (although if it is xxx amount of time in game i may have afk'd for large periods of time triggering the close)

Other yseful thing sI find myself doing on trials are...buying the high ilvl whites (rather then relying on someone to help if you dont have someone to help) and farming sumptuous fur right outside of garrison on horde (the price on bh can be mental sometimes)......The greatest moment on a trial ive had was getting Reins of the Amber Primordial Direhorn
from a zandalari warscout, easily my fav non flying mount

Good info to get out there, im surprised by how many people dont realize how useful class trials are (druid makes excellent herb farmer). What I haven't figured out is what causes the class trial to eventually lock? Is it a certain period of time (in game) im not sure I know ive had some for months and months that i can still access and others that have locked before that (although if it is xxx amount of time in game i may have afk'd for large periods of time triggering the close)

Other yseful thing sI find myself doing on trials are...buying the high ilvl whites (rather then relying on someone to help if you dont have someone to help) and farming sumptuous fur right outside of garrison on horde (the price on bh can be mental sometimes)......The greatest moment on a trial ive had was getting Reins of the Amber Primordial Direhorn
from a zandalari warscout, easily my fav non flying mount
Finishing your Artifact Weapon Questline causes Class Trials to lock. You can GET the Artifact Weapon, but you cannot go far enough to be capable of empowering it with AP.

Really nice info :O Tyyy
And I think class trials end when you get your artifact or after 8 hrs of playtime, I dont remember where I read that tho D:

Really nice info :O Tyyy
And I think class trials end when you get your artifact or after 8 hrs of playtime, I dont remember where I read that tho D:
You can GET your Artifact Weapon but can't turn the quest in, i.e. you'll never be able to Rank it up with AP.

Reactions: Fry
I can now also confirm that Leveling up to 101 doesn't Lock Class Trials. I'm going to keep testing the boundaries to see what does and what does not cause them to Lock.

EDIT: Doing Assaults doesn't Lock you. Collecting Legion Treasures doesn't either. One thing to note, although I could just be horribly unlucky, but I found so far that Legion Rares drop no valuable loot to a Class Trial. I flew all over killing only the Rares that Handy Notes showed they drop Gear appropriate to the Class/Spec I was playing and got nothing but vendor junk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread