US MK's Class Ranking List (OPINION)

Mkreturns

Grandfathered
Depends on skill of player of course. Assuming very average skill with muscle memory binds. if you're good any class from D to A will work really well. You need to play with what you're good at. For example, a well played spriest will go toe to toe with boomkins for damage. They just have less intangibles.

Some classes like an UH DK will have a perfect blend of survivibility, burst and rot damage. Surv hunters can outburst an UH DK in melee attacks, but its a smidge lower on the list since it doesn't have all the other tools that a UH DK has.

THIS LIST DOES NOT REFLECT 1v1s! Blood DK and demo locks will win that battle (ipvp). It's based on a PvP BG scenario in iPVP with a small group of 3-4 people.

Subjective List for DPS CLASSES

*UPDATED 7.2 4/9

A LEVEL

Fury -94 (high damage and insane self healing)
Demo -94 (insane tankiness #1, CC toolkit #1)
Unholy DK -90

B LEVEL

Balance -88 (nerfed!) *new bear form nerf and full moon nerf. still hits hard
Survival -87 (insane melee burst #1)
Elemental -85
Frost DK -84
Ret -84
Affliction -83/65 (insane rot dmg #1, NO BURST. Malefic Grasp Build -18pts)
MM -82
Frost Mage -82 (CC toolkit #2)

C LEVEL

Arms -79++ (find a good healer will drastically improve performance)
Arcane -79 (insane ranged burst #1, low surv)
Fire -77
Shadow -76 (insane rot dmg #2, low surv. SQUISHY)
Feral -74
BM -71

D LEVEL

WW -69
Enhance -65
Affliction -65 (Malefic Grasp Build)
Prot War -63 (very annoying to kill, a pest)
Assas/Combat -63 (highly dependent on individual skill)

F LEVEL

Sub -58
Destro -50 (54 if rex is playing. he's a solid 54 in all of his chars)
DH -12 (DO NOT PLAY)

UNKNOWN

Prot Pala -?
Blood DK -? *very tough to kill*
Guardian -?
Brewmaster -?lol

Unholy's rot damage and spread is devastating if used correctly - I've pvped with a number of alliance UH dks and their dmg output is extremely good, especially in maps like EOTS. We're talking 10mil+ not small potatoes. Their burst is nothing to laugh at, either.

Fury and Demo disproportionately benefit from the stam buffs in 7.2. Fury deals incredible damage and is actually quite self sustaining. Demo is an unkillable tanky brawler, it takes a LOT of punishment for one of these beasts to go down.

Classes like ferals and rogue are still hurting with 7.2. The big stam buff really puts a damper on their burst and survivibility since things are much tankier now. It's tough.

The "solid Bs" like Ret, FDK and Ele shamans are still as strong as ever. Its performance on the field can vary from god to good depending on the player. I find most mage specs to be middle of the pack, depending on player, of course. Good mages can pull extreme numbers and kbs if done right.

Arms is insane if paired with a healer.

Affliction still has the best rot in the bracket if done right.

Last edited:

A good arcane mate should be a B tier at least, blood DK should be above prot Warrior in AoE/Rot which you seem to value really high. Also windwalker should be atleast a 71 if played correctly, I've yet to be besten 1v1 on my WW.

Great list btw ^^

tbh I have no idea where to place these tank twinks on the list. Most of them hit like wet noodles but are extremely hard to kill. Like blood dks are an insane 1v1 class but they haven't impressed me, especially in a team environment if there are no objectives (guarding base, running flag). It's too tough to rank em in that way.

Need a bigger sample size for guardian Miles :p Just because you dominate with it doesn't mean the avg. twink will.

Arcane is really good burst. But its survivibility is crap. I've seen some MONSTER arcane mages that seem to melt the world and I've seen my fair share mediocre arcane twink mages that have zero impact... There isn't thaat much of a difference between the c, b and a level twinks. If you're good with a C level class, you can beat the A level classes...but if you're equally good on all characters, then a higher level class would edge a c level class.

I value rot damage, but the best rot damage classes (spriest, aff) are somewhat on the low end. UH DK has rot AND sizeable burst/survivibility.

This list is not based on 1v1. WW has not impressed me as much, and that spec requires a person to really know what he/s doing to make it work. Larger health pools disproportionately help some classes more than others. Classes like WW are kind of reliant on certain burst windows..but with such large health pools that effectiveness is not as pronounced.

Last edited:
I try to keep the A level class to 4 specs, B, C, D level classes to 6 specs. I also try to give each spec a different number...in actuality most specs are soo equal, especially in the B range.

Sh*t, this is all my opinion.

Feel free to copy paste my list and put your own numbers in. Many people reading the list will be like "HEY, I play class X and I dominate! Why am I ranked so low?" if you're doing reaaly well it has more to do with individual skill. If Snutz made a spriest in the bracket he'll be class A obviously...if avg. joe shmo wants to give it a shot it'll take him some time to really perfect the nuances of the spec.

I'm ranking specs not players. Eightbahl (ele) is the highest damage dealer I've consistently grouped with. A level player, YES. B level spec? YES, because I've seen other twink eles do 1/2 his damage regularly. Likewise, I've seen boomkins do horribly because the person playing it doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Changes:

MM from 74 to 80. Can deal some serious damage now.

Feral down from 74 to 68.

WW up from 69 to 72.

Fury from 92 to 94.

I've been too busy to play a 99 since the patch but shouldn't Ysera's Gift be pretty godlike now? 0.6% health per second in this new world of everyone wearing Kevlar under their robes. Combine that with any druid spec's normal survivability/slipperiness and it must be even more of a pain to take them down now.

Feral IMO has some of the best ROT potentional at 99. Specially since 7.2

dude you're great on your feral. I haven't played with you yet in 7.2.

My "score" is made up of 3 things: survivibility, damage and cc. Feral may some of the best melee rot going on right now, but its tough to spread if the other team is stacked with fury wars that heal insane amounts or ret paladins that can kill a feral in a stun. The huge HP pools don't help melee rot classes like ferals or assass rogues very much, especially since they're so vulnerable to dying easily. Shadow is another example of this as well..they deal as much damage as an affliction lock, but they are soo much more vulnerable to heavy hitters twinks.

I am just not impressed at all by ferals as a class in random bgs, even after 7.2. Arenas different story.

I got to grade these specs somehow..every other new twink in the bracket always asks "whats the best spec" the right answer is to play with what you're good at. But if a guy had to choose between a fury warrior or a feral with no knowledge of either spec, answer is kind of obvious what's better. I got to grade these specs somehow and I got to keep certain classes at a certain grade or else everyone will be "B Level".

dude you're great on your feral. I haven't played with you yet in 7.2.

My "score" is made up of 3 things: survivibility, damage and cc. Feral may some of the best melee rot going on right now, but its tough to spread if the other team is stacked with fury wars that heal insane amounts or ret paladins that can kill a feral in a stun. The huge HP pools don't help melee rot classes like ferals or assass rogues very much, especially since they're so vulnerable to dying easily. Shadow is another example of this as well..they deal as much damage as an affliction lock, but they are soo much more vulnerable to heavy hitters twinks.

I am just not impressed at all by ferals as a class in random bgs, even after 7.2. Arenas different story.

I got to grade these specs somehow..every other new twink in the bracket always asks "whats the best spec" the right answer is to play with what you're good at. But if a guy had to choose between a fury warrior or a feral with no knowledge of either spec, answer is kind of obvious what's better. I got to grade these specs somehow and I got to keep certain classes at a certain grade or else everyone will be "B Level".

Yeah i get this is opinion base. But i believe utility should be considered. Instant regrowths, swift mend, instant roots, on demand stuns, a range interrupt, being immune to polys, and not needing a dispel for roots.

Also since 7.2 I feel my survivibility is greatly increased and with the new health pools I get full dmg out of the dots. I'm also full rot spec which you probably dont see many ferals with that play style.

Spriest is at least a B tier when i'm playin lol but for real maybe C tier haven't had anyone out dps meh. They aren't as squishy as mentioned above if you know how to move.

Spriests will deal the most damage out of any class (along with aff locks) on the list if they're not trained. Afflocks can muscle through the pain despite taking a little longer for the dots to be impactful. If a twink surv hunter is railing on a spriest, may god have mercy on your soul.

It will take someone quite a bit of time to get to Teed's skill level and reaaaly make a huuge difference the way he does though.

Made some changes: I did boost spriest. I played around with mine yesterday and it felt much better than prepatch.

Spriest 68 ---> 73

BM 74 ---> 69 * I feel the MM buffs make it better than BM. Esp. in the spread dmg.

UH DK 93 --->92

Demo 90 ---> 94

Users who are viewing this thread