[Mists Of Pandaria] Dorygoon's 19 Warlock Guide

Re: Dorygoon's 19 Warlock Guide

On my warlock the jump in place Demonic Leap does trigger a cooldown but it's reset as soon as I land, preventing me from leaping twice consecutively. However, once in every 10 (or so) in place leaps will the cooldown reset mid-air and allow me to do the second consecutive leap. As Dory mentioned, Demonic Leap has some weird mechanics, similar to that of a druid's wild charge while in Travel Form.

There have been times when it lets me jump 2-3 times in a row without triggering a cooldown, but it's rare.

There have been times when it lets me jump 2-3 times in a row without triggering a cooldown, but it's rare.

Pretty cool when you pull it off though. On the other hand, it could be a bit too advantageous when abused in other ways and people will start QQing that their mobility is OP, blah blah blah, yap yap, dribble dribble dribble, (etc, insert other annoying sounds here)

I think I figured it out. You jump in place, then leap right before you land to leap in place. This should cause it to not trigger the CD. Then use it again in midair. Let me know if it works that way.

I'll try it if I ever go demo again. I've been having too much fun as destro. :)

I think I figured it out. You jump in place, then leap right before you land to leap in place. This should cause it to not trigger the CD. Then use it again in midair. Let me know if it works that way.

The way it has been working for me is that I can leap straight up if I'm jumping in place, but it won't let me leap again in mid-air. However, it then resets the cooldown upon reaching the ground. I haven't been able to jump again in mid-air in a while now.

The way it has been working for me is that I can leap straight up if I'm jumping in place, but it won't let me leap again in mid-air. However, it then resets the cooldown upon reaching the ground. I haven't been able to jump again in mid-air in a while now.
If you time the first leap correctly RIGHT before you land you will actually land for a short moment before the actual leap goes off which resets the cooldown right away and enables you to do a second jump mid-air.

If you time the first leap correctly RIGHT before you land you will actually land for a short moment before the actual leap goes off which resets the cooldown right away and enables you to do a second jump mid-air.

Yeah when im bored i run around on my warlock in SW/Org with demonic leap i can get on the top ledge of the horde AH in org.

i have also found that you have to first jump in place and as you are falling back to the ground use demonic leap and then the cooldown will reset and you use it again so that you do like a 90 degree angle. Key step is that you use demonic leap right before you touch the ground

Great guide by a great Union member. Keep on serving the bracket with a level head, Dory. You have come a long way.

- Union

Users who are viewing this thread