Missed all the fun stuff, is it worth gearing now?

tence

Legend
I unfortunately had to miss all the fun gf'd stuff after my pc died combined with the insanity of online college classes (yay covid).

I'm still a few weeks out from returning, but how is hpally looking and will I totally hate what the consensus is so far on gearing? Looking at the armories I'm already seeing a lot changes I'd personally make.

I'm excited to see if I'm washed up or can grind my way back to where I was. Hope yall are doing well!

• Gearing is a huge grind but it's much more fun than it was in BFA imo.
  • Hpal is stronk, quite possibly fotm healer.
  • The ONLY actually gfed thing is ilvl 49 artifacts, you can still get artifacts to ilvl 33 though and they're still not bad.

The ONLY actually gfed thing is ilvl 49 artifacts, you can still get artifacts to ilvl 33 though and they're still not bad.
From what I understand, hpal players seem to not like the hpal artifact anyway, because the armor bonus isnt active so they lose out on the shield armor. So Hpal might legit be the one class that suffers no disadvantage at all.

From what I understand, hpal players seem to not like the hpal artifact anyway, because the armor bonus isnt active so they lose out on the shield armor. So Hpal might legit be the one class that suffers no disadvantage at all.

I haven't seen numbers yet, but that's where I was leaning towards as well. Good to know. When I deep dive gearing and stats and what's available I'll be interested to see how differently I'd gear vs the consensus (historically I'm a weirdo).

I should be able to return in a few weeks so I guess I'll see all your beautiful faces soon!

Yeah now that you mention it I've noticed the same thing, shield armor is juicy.

• Gearing is a huge grind but it's much more fun than it was in BFA imo.
  • Hpal is stronk, quite possibly fotm healer.
  • The ONLY actually gfed thing is ilvl 49 artifacts, you can still get artifacts to ilvl 33 though and they're still not bad.

Grinds aren't bad if its one char. Kinda bummed hpally might be fotm... Thats no fun.

Grinds aren't bad if its one char. Kinda bummed hpally might be fotm... Thats no fun.
We're the lucky ones. Having literally anything more than 1 toon is such a pain in the ass atm if you actually care about good gear.

We're the lucky ones. Having literally anything more than 1 toon is such a pain in the ass atm if you actually care about good gear.

I noticed you never leveled your priest, are you not joining the 20s bracket?

Gearing is incredibly quick if you don’t care about sockets & tertiary stats, and incredibly time-intensive if you DO care about sockets & tertiary stats.

A vet can be completely geared up with basic i28 greens from the AH for cheap and a few dungeon pieces in a couple of days, but if you’re really going for min-maxing you’ll be farming for the whole xpac.

Up to you. Myself (and I assume lots of others) will probably sit somewhere in the middle where we farm a couple of i28 socket pieces, fill in the rest with non-socketed pieces and dungeon gear and call it a day so we can get into some BGs and start clapping cheeks and maybe farming on a 2nd account in between queues and whatnot.

HPal is solid though.

I noticed you never leveled your priest, are you not joining the 20s bracket?
I might some time down the road. Initially I had plans to have a vet ready for when the gametime on my second account drops, but it has 29 hours left as of writing this and the progress on my new vet is pretty underwhelming; pretty sure I'm just going to resub it so I multi client and continue use my mage for portals.

Frankly, no, I'm not that interested in 20s anymore. I've been having more fun on Hvnter at 10 atm than I ever have with him at 20 and I hate the thought of levelling him back up to 20.

I do plan to EVENTUALLY finish a 20 at some point, but just for very casual BGs with the guild. Not going to go nearly as hard as I did in Legion/BFA.

are you guys talking about a pain to gear being the sockets and TBC gear or is there something I am forgetting? because 3/4 of my characters have full socketed gear and professions done and it only took like a week of grinding
They’re talking about true bis. Socket+tertiary where applicable.

are you guys talking about a pain to gear being the sockets and TBC gear or is there something I am forgetting? because 3/4 of my characters have full socketed gear and professions done and it only took like a week of grinding

They’re talking about true bis. Socket+tertiary where applicable.

Aye

"good 'nuff" takes about a weekend. BIS is GF'd and "best currently possible" could take the whole xpac

Lot of people are throwing around BiS already... and I have not seen anybody who is really "close"... even in all of the armory links. While lot of kids thought that their little 2 weeks of work in prepatch before the big-boy bans came out was "real twinking", it was really just bullshit... we are now in the real era of having to actually FARM your twink out.

The GFed artifact weapons are regrettably good, but you can still go farm a Foamspitter Staff which is 95% as good, and other items like that... the GFed are not as great as people with them want you to think. They are probably TRUE BiS (outside of a paladin), but there are other weapons that are almost there, and certain ones like the Foamsipitter that are BiS if you are going for a specific build.

Outside of BC Head/Legs/Chest with all 3 sockets you should most likely fill up with all i28 Greens (Aurora or Harmonious) with a socket and +speed + full chants. Id say when you have that you could present an argument that you are BiS in whatever build you are trying to accomplish (honestly one that would be hard to refute).

But if you are missing ANY tertiary+socket or if you just went too many of the 2 socket BC easy gear... you are just another rando with gear.

As an example: you can have the lugnut from Gnomergon +22 verse... but you could have a Ring with +18 verse and +6 Mastery and a slot and + speed... so there is No way you can claim that the lugnut is BiS, unless you are delusional.

Again, tho everybody likes to defend their own beliefs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread