Miss chance

Jeppan

So I recently finnished my ap/str stacked enh shaman but noticed Im missing an insane amounts of my hits. Was using the 49 staff ( 1/245 wep skill) with most dmg but got so frustrated I changed to executioner axe to get 3% hit from my gears and 250 axe skill.

Now I havent skilled up my axe skill to max (wich I heard shouldnt matter) but holy shit I was still missing loads of hits... im gonna level it up to max and see if it matters with having full skills instead of 1.

Anyone else has problem mising so much and know if wep skills helped?

Was hitting mages even under 49 and missed several hits in a row along with dodges..

So there's a few things at play here. To answer your question about current weapon skill, no it doesn't matter in bgs. However your Orc axe bonus should still net you a minor bump to your hit rate when swapping the Cleaver in.

Then we have to talk about the extra hit mechanic. You are going to see a lot more misses than other toons because WF is giving you more swings. Things like sword spec, SoC and WF rely on +hit more than other damage talents because their procs can still miss and be wasted. So you should def do everything you can yo hit more, like using the Cleaver and getting the trinket.

So there's a few things at play here. To answer your question about current weapon skill, no it doesn't matter in bgs. However your Orc axe bonus should still net you a minor bump to your hit rate when swapping the Cleaver in.

Then we have to talk about the extra hit mechanic. You are going to see a lot more misses than other toons because WF is giving you more swings. Things like sword spec, SoC and WF rely on +hit more than other damage talents because their procs can still miss and be wasted. So you should def do everything you can yo hit more, like using the Cleaver and getting the trinket.

Yeah I noticed using the cleaver wich gave me 3% hit instead of 2 was pretty big diff in hitting

I honestly found the opposite to be the case. I missed just as often with 3% hit as when running with only 2%. The fact is, until hit cap it is just one of the many flaws of enh within classic. Come tbc talents will fix a lot of the spec's issues.

I honestly found the opposite to be the case. I missed just as often with 3% hit as when running with only 2%. The fact is, until hit cap it is just one of the many flaws of enh within classic. Come tbc talents will fix a lot of the spec's issues.

As an orc aswell?
Cause I changed from staff to executioner with extra hit and 5 extra wep skill and it did change alot with misses.

As an orc aswell?
Cause I changed from staff to executioner with extra hit and 5 extra wep skill and it did change alot with misses.
Actually I am a tauren, but wpn skill only changes by .04% per point. so 5 wpn skill = .2% to my understanding.

But it's .2 across the board. So .2 more hits and crits, and .2 fewer dodges, blocks and parries. That comes out to 1% additional 'connects' if you will.

I think 1% hit is actually completely overrated. You're talking about missing an extra ONE time for every HUNDRED swings you make. There is no way you're ever going to actually notice that. Now, should you still use exec cleaver over Kang for the huge str bonus? Probably, but haven't looked too deeply into the extra ap vs higher top end dmg comparison. Trinket is good when your 12 other trinkets are on CD I guess?

Extra AP from Exec adds 13.3 damage to top and bottom end, so you're basically comparing 1% hit vs the proc. I do not think hit is overrated at all but to each their own. When you're used to missing 5% of the time, reducing it by 1/5th actually feels great. Best stat you could ask for on a Warrior.

Extra AP from Exec adds 13.3 damage to top and bottom end, so you're basically comparing 1% hit vs the proc. I do not think hit is overrated at all but to each their own. When you're used to missing 5% of the time, reducing it by 1/5th actually feels great. Best stat you could ask for on a Warrior.

I think perception is the problem. Because you're not missing 5% of the time, as that doesn't account for enemy defense, dodges, parries, etc. You're "not connecting" much higher than 5% of the time; as anyone who plays warrior can attest, there's no way you're getting 19 hits for every miss (I wish! lol). It's probably closer to 10%, depending on which class you're fighting, which means reducing your "misses" by 1/10th. But even that is a skewed, rose colored glasses way of looking at it. It comes down to average damage. If, for the sake of round numbers and skewing it heavily in +hit's favor, you did an average of 1k dmg per attack. 100 swings at 5% miss is 95000 dmg, 4% miss is 96000 dmg. But that means you would only need 2 Kang procs to surpass the extra damage you got from 1% hit. And, yes, that would require full durations of the Kang bleed effects, but you're also going to have much more procs than that, and there's no way in hell the average per swing dmg is 1k.

Hit has historically been the most important stat in pvp. For me it's not about the average damage, more so about missing a hit in a crucial situation.

Hit has historically been the most important stat in pvp. For me it's not about the average damage, more so about missing a hit in a crucial situation.

Only to a point. Crucial extra damage 10 times out of a 100, or a crucial non miss once out of 100.

And, personally, the whole "everyone has done it this way" argument is a dangerous way of thinking. Whether correct or not, if an idea just picks up steam and becomes rote, that doesn't make it the best avenue.

Your opinion is fine, I was just providing context. With that being said I prefer soulkeeper for a sham for the top end.

Misses affect all your moves not just your damage. Missing a hammie or disarm can be big trouble, not to mention it's the only way your OP doesn't land.

Users who are viewing this thread