General Mini-guide: Using a "trial account" to visit the US/EU

Sin'dor

Veteran
I was asked about this in a private conversation... but I suspect that there could be enough general-interest to warrant making a quick "mini-guide". ;)

So... why might you want to do this?
  • ...to adventure with some of your forum-buddies "across the pond"?
  • ...to test latency to see if "off-hours cross-ocean battlegrounds" are playable?
  • ...to start gearing some new characters before moving to a different country?
  • ...to stalk that really cute blood-elf that keeps making such helpful forum-posts? (No... just, no.)

How is it actually done? Do you need to make an entirely new account?

You should be able to use your existing Battle.net™ account (assuming that it's at-all "current")... just go to your Account Settings, find Games & Subscriptions, and scroll-down to the Starter Editions.

1-Create.png

You can create one for either region (...here I've added both).

2-Both.png

Then (the next time you go to launch WoW) there should be a new menu-option just above the [_PLAY_] button for choosing which "edition" you'd like to use.

3-Launcher.jpg

If you decide that you want to make your cross-ocean visit more "permanent", you also have the option of simply "upgrading" the trial account, by either:
  • ..."adding gametime" to it just like a normal account (which would convert it to a standard Legion subscription), or
  • ...purchasing a full BFA upgrade for it.

It's that easy! So, why not go see how "the other half" lives? :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread