Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. | Mike Tyson's comeback in September

Discussion in 'General Offtopic' started by Anexa, Jul 24, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Anexa

Anexa Member

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. has signed a contract for an 8 round exhibition boxing match in California the 28th November 2020.

No fans in attendance. No headgear. May have "larger gloves" around 12 ounces

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The youtuber Jake Paul will apparently fight before them

Will you watch it?
    What are your thoughts on it? Especially their age.
    What are your expectations? Who will win?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sketchbag

Sketchbag ❤️OVOXO Super Moderator

I always liked how Jones Jr wud bob and weave with his hands low, taunting his opponent! My $$ is on iron Mike but Jones Jr is no push-over by any means. A legend vs a really good boxer. Both hall of famers imo but Tyson was a wee bit more prolific and significant during his time at the top.

Would be funny if Don King showed his ugly face to yet again cash in on Tyson's earnings haha

I most certainly will be watching this and im not a boxing or mma guy*

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Anexa

Anexa Member

Fight has been reportedly postponed from 12 September to 28th November 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adeimantus

Adeimantus Veteran

easy money for both I suppose. I find it a bit depressing how long Roy has been competing though. He got sparked out just a few years ago by some nobody.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. ZenwØw

ZenwØw Member

<3

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zemmix

Zemmix A.B.C. Moderator

Man, these things get old. So and so coming out of retirement to fight so and so.

My favorite thing about Mike Tyson is how he's a convicted rapist, but absolutely no one ever talks about that. And how despite being 25 when convicted, he got put in juvenile detention. So that's a thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Adeimantus

Adeimantus Veteran

Yeah boxing taking a page out of MMA's playbook and staging fights between senior citizens with gilded names feels disappointing and deeply cynical.

Not sure I agree about Tyson, the rape conviction and his ear biting are very much a part of his mythology. He's even today a very controversial figure. He's not going to be in any breakfast cereal ads. Many people regard him as one of the last great heavyweights before the division became dominated by 7 foot point fighting Russians, and so can't help but recall him with some fondness.

8. Miles

Miles 546-0 Undefeated Arena Champion

lulz

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Neon

Neon Chaos and Pain

Mike didnt rape nobody that ho framed him! It was a setup!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OP
    Anexa

Anexa Member

Yeah, did you see Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Lidell third fight? It was so sad to see. It was like watching two pensioners fight, both of them were slow as hell. Quite sure this one will be the same.

Mike Tyson failed at professional boxing at age 39 because he got too old and too slow - so what makes him think it's a good idea to fight at age 54? He posted like a 20 sec clip of him shadowboxing which made everyone ask him to come back and he baited on it. I guess he wants to relive being super-relevant again?

His reputation won't take a hit however, even if he gets knocked out on the first 10 seconds. So maybe he has nothing to lose by this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sketchbag

Sketchbag ❤️OVOXO Super Moderator

Always found it so strange how Mike's appearance didn't match his voice, lol. He looks scary but sounds funny, lol.

12. Adeimantus

Adeimantus Veteran

Yeah I did watch it. Bellator is a joke. Watching Fedor shuffle around was the most depressing for me. Idk Tyson might need the money, he was supposedly robbed by Don King during his prime.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)