Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. | Mike Tyson's comeback in September

Anexa

Veteran
Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. has signed a contract for an 8 round exhibition boxing match in California the 28th November 2020.

No fans in attendance. No headgear. May have "larger gloves" around 12 ounces

unknown.png
unknown.png

The youtuber Jake Paul will apparently fight before them

Will you watch it?
What are your thoughts on it? Especially their age.
What are your expectations? Who will win?

Last edited:
I always liked how Jones Jr wud bob and weave with his hands low, taunting his opponent! My $$ is on iron Mike but Jones Jr is no push-over by any means. A legend vs a really good boxer. Both hall of famers imo but Tyson was a wee bit more prolific and significant during his time at the top.

Would be funny if Don King showed his ugly face to yet again cash in on Tyson's earnings haha

I most certainly will be watching this and im not a boxing or mma guy*

Man, these things get old. So and so coming out of retirement to fight so and so.

My favorite thing about Mike Tyson is how he's a convicted rapist, but absolutely no one ever talks about that. And how despite being 25 when convicted, he got put in juvenile detention. So that's a thing.

Man, these things get old. So and so coming out of retirement to fight so and so.

My favorite thing about Mike Tyson is how he's a convicted rapist, but absolutely no one ever talks about that. And how despite being 25 when convicted, he got put in juvenile detention. So that's a thing.

Yeah boxing taking a page out of MMA's playbook and staging fights between senior citizens with gilded names feels disappointing and deeply cynical.

Not sure I agree about Tyson, the rape conviction and his ear biting are very much a part of his mythology. He's even today a very controversial figure. He's not going to be in any breakfast cereal ads. Many people regard him as one of the last great heavyweights before the division became dominated by 7 foot point fighting Russians, and so can't help but recall him with some fondness.

Yeah boxing taking a page out of MMA's playbook and staging fights between senior citizens with gilded names feels disappointing and deeply cynical.

Yeah, did you see Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Lidell third fight? It was so sad to see. It was like watching two pensioners fight, both of them were slow as hell. Quite sure this one will be the same.

Mike Tyson failed at professional boxing at age 39 because he got too old and too slow - so what makes him think it's a good idea to fight at age 54? He posted like a 20 sec clip of him shadowboxing which made everyone ask him to come back and he baited on it. I guess he wants to relive being super-relevant again?

His reputation won't take a hit however, even if he gets knocked out on the first 10 seconds. So maybe he has nothing to lose by this.

Users who are viewing this thread