Migration to Xenforo Scrapped

Myrm

Legend
The software itself is far too young. There are too many holes in the feature set of what we have here.

So, I am going to be spending my time trying to fix the problems that we are currently enduring on this forum solution.

My to-do list with vBulletin:

• More dynamic navigation -- going to port over the navigation that I had created for Xenforo.
  • Fixing the Internal Server Errors. I know what the culprit is with vBulletin, but it will take some manhours to get it to operate effectively.
  • Find the source of these random IP bans.
  • Update Tapatalk and get it back up and working properly.

I am sure there are other things, but that is my immediate list.

I am sorry to have put you all through that, but you don't know until you try. That was a waste of a lot of time and money to get that setup going, but you learn from your mistakes.

i was starting to like it

I'm sorry the new layout wasn't going to work out. But stuff happens.

I would like to see maybe some theme variation for this version! And maybe a logo contest!

Good try though!

Despite all the outrage I actually liked a lot of the Xenforo functionality. The way conversations were setup was absolutely superb. I liked the profile statuses. The polling was setup nicely, and the Alerts as well.

I also really liked your ideas on spotlights with pictures, but maybe you can implement something similar with vB anyway.

Definitely needed some work on layout, colours and bb code compatibility, but all in all it seems like a promising platform, even if it's still too young to do everything you need it to. Maybe they'll develop it more, and you'll get to make use of the work you put in now for another project.

I was liking it so far...
what made me sad is that the posts/messages sent while Xenforo was still a thing, disappeared
Now I can't listen to french rap that someone posted :(
and the message I sent was probably lost too

Anywayssss, I like this old TI better c:

The software itself is far too young. There are too many holes in the feature set of what we have here.

So, I am going to be spending my time trying to fix the problems that we are currently enduring on this forum solution.

My to-do list with vBulletin:

• More dynamic navigation -- going to port over the navigation that I had created for Xenforo.
  • Fixing the Internal Server Errors. I know what the culprit is with vBulletin, but it will take some manhours to get it to operate effectively.
  • Find the source of these random IP bans.
  • Update Tapatalk and get it back up and working properly.

I am sure there are other things, but that is my immediate list.

I am sorry to have put you all through that, but you don't know until you try. That was a waste of a lot of time and money to get that setup going, but you learn from your mistakes.

I like the site the way it is and enjoy the logo as well! Props to whom ever designed the TI logo and cropped the hat!

2iw4pi9.jpg

Thank you for keeping us in the loop during that process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread