EU+US Micro Holidays

Chops

Soccer Dad
Wowhead is currently testing all these "micro holidays" that are going to start happening with the next patch. They're basically goofy little celebrations of "warcraft lore" that last a day or two. Blizz is currently saying there wont be any permanent rewards and that they arent a part of any meta holiday achievement.

I'll keep the list updated as the holidays get tested on the PTR.

Call of the Scarab - Looks like a throwback to the opening of AQ. Expect lots of people to pretend like they were actually present the first time. Looks like the only way we'll be able to help is by turning in crunchy spider legs.

Tavern Crawl - Looks like we can't actually do the event yet, as it starts in Legion Dalaran and goes from there. However, the taverns they end up in are all in areas accessible to us. My cynicism says they'll be instanced versions of the taverns, specific to the event but maybe not?

If not, there's event unique food and drinks that give buffs and one time use SELFIE cameras.

Hatching of the Hippogryphs - Go to Feralas, cog wheel an egg, get a mini hippogryph on your shoulder for a day. Sadly, no actual battle pet involved.

March of the tadpoles - Not sure we can do this one. You head to Borean Tundra and pick up a quest to adopt a murloc tadpole. No word yet on the quest having a level requirement. Then you got a couple quests to collect clams and kill an NPC we might not be able to kill. Wowhead is speculating that a battle pet might be involved but as micro holidays dont offer any permanent rewards, they're unsure.

Spring Balloon Festival - Head to certain zones marked on your map, hop on a hot air balloon, take a ride. Looks like this might be a pain free way of getting a couple explorations achieves.

Glowcap Festival - This is the most exciting one so far. Head to Sporeggar and every ten minutes a big mushroom will spawn. Apparently, it constantly decays and you have to spend items to heal it up. It gains stacks of a buff the longer you keep it alive. When it finally dies, you get 50 Sporeggar rep for every stack it had on it. Yeehaw!

Un'Goro Madness - Elite Dinosaurs spawn and you can kill them for what appears to be an elixir that you throw at a party member, with both of you receiving a pretty cool buff. But hey, we can't loot skull mobs so it looks like we're out #thanksobama

Last edited:
Are these indicated in any way when and where are these small events going to happen?
Some of the Wowhead links indicate specific dates, and others dont. I imagine that they'll be treated very much like Pirates Day and Day of the Dead.

Unless there is an actual achievement, toy, pet etcetera I probably will not bother with them.
So far, the sporeggar one is the only one that provides anything tangible, by way of an easy way to grind out some rep (which then of course means tabard and pet)

That said, Im not sure about some of them. Maybe (strong maybe) we can get to the taverns in the tavern crawl event. Which would give us access to one time use SELFIE cameras. Which (strong) maybe will count towards the field photographer achievement. Maybe.

Stuff like that is worth keeping an eye on.

I still have my hammer from the AQ quest line. I was hoping I could hit the gong during the holiday event and get a scarab mount. :(

Friendly reminder that the glowcap festival is this weekend. It's the only one of these micro holidays (so far) that gets us anything tangible. Get enough rep and you could end up with the pet and tabard.

This really didnt take long. Exalted in about 2 hours, even with 110s griefing. You'll only get rep if you actually heal the mushroom (bags of healing spores are available for us DPS classes) so you can't just hang out. But you do get rep when you're dead, so if someone kills you you'll still get credit.

You get 50 rep for every "growth" stack the mushroom has when it finally dies. It pretty regularly gets will over 100 stacks. Usually about 120-130. I saw it get up to 190 once. But you can usually count on about 5000 rep every time it shows up and it shows up once every ten minutes or so.

Thats rough, man. But unless I very much miss my guess these micro holidays will be brought back and expanded.

Fingers crossed for a Shattered Sun version. Because, my god that tabard.

The Thousand Boat Bash isn't offering me any quests. I'm able to fish up parts to make a boat and bounce the beach ball but no quest markers. Is there a minimum level on this thing. I've heard a few grumbles that the event is kinda buggy...

May 27 glowcap festival. I hope i find time to get tabard this year. How long does it take to get exalted?
Are high level gankers big problem?

Thanks, good luck all!

May 27 glowcap festival. I hope i find time to get tabard this year. How long does it take to get exalted?
Are high level gankers big problem?

It took me an hour or two to get to exalted. I wasn't on a PVP server so no ganking. and there were enough people around to deal with any hostile mobs. It's the easiest rep grind ever.

Users who are viewing this thread