Meteorite: Community Update

Discussion in 'Private Servers' started by Mvq, May 5, 2017.

1. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

We're getting closer and closer to release. As we get closer, the population has been declining. This doesn't make any sense unless you can see the full picture.
    I thought I'd explain the reasons of the decline in this Thread.

Population was growing the first 4 weeks, peaking at 70 players on week 3. But on week 5, everything changed.
    The biggest streamer of the server at the time, @saxxon decided to stop playing and stream the server because he wanted his stream to be "legit". That didn't do too much damage. However, when he started streaming Legion 19s, most of his viewership wanted to play with or against him and as a result, population declined.
    At this point, server went from 45 average peak to 30-35.
    This was manageable. But we haven't even gotten to the icing of the cake yet.
    The biggest streamer of 19 Twinking of all time, @Hunnybuns decided to try the server out which meant that the server would flourish and grow. However after a week he decided to stream Legion 19s because he's afraid of getting banned, which is irrational since getting banned from playing Private Servers is impossible on first strike. And getting caught with less than 100 viewers is impossible. The guy watched Nicole Aniston getting fuked doggystyle on stream without getting a warning for fu/k sake.
    And now, since he streams Legion 19s, the server is peaking at 25.

You may ask yourself, what can we do?
    Well, nothing. If our target audience (19s) would rather play Legion during peak hours because @Hunnybuns then we're fucked.

This may sound terribly depressing to you, but who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe @saxxon or @Hunnybuns will change their minds.

We're gonna continue developing the server and on release we'll hopefully be able to keep players playing with a competitive rated BG scene aswell as Gear Progression.

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE
    I originally thought Cata was supposed to replace Legion. But after talking to HB and Saxx, having them co-exist seems better. So some days Cata will be dead, some days Legion will be dead. Let the tides flow.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Sketchbag likes this.
  2. Manaki

Manaki Veteran

told you this would happen to the activity on skype and you got so butt hurt xxxxxxxx dddddddddd lolling irl

Sketchbag likes this.
  3. Fael

Fael Believer

Sketchbag likes this.
  4. Lanky

Lanky meraki

how was this not expected? personally i'm not playing the server atm either, not because i'm not interested in cata, but because i want to play the finished product, not beta. i said something similar to this in the other thread b4 u released beta, but it got ignored, the more and more you leave it in a beta stage, the more people you will lose.

5. OP
    Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

Wasn't expected because HB said, and I quote: "I might delete my 19s since I'll never come back".

Sketchbag likes this.
  6. Lanky

Lanky meraki

the population decline isn't because of the streamers, so dont blame them. the core players, who really want cata are still playing, but you lose the people who have the mindset of "i will come try the server, if it's good i'll play it, if it's not i will leave." the longer you leave it in beta stage with no significant change from week to week you will completely lose that audience.

Captain likes this.
  7. OP
    Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

Right, then tell me why there's 15 people playing Legion instead of Cata whenever HB or Saxx streams it, and those 15 ppl play Cata when they don't.

hmmmmm

Sketchbag likes this.
  8. Jva

Jva Member

Just look at his stream. Actually 50 viewers. Lots of ppl would be playing cata if he was streaming it. Too many fanboys.
    The thing that gets me pissed is the fact that this server was made on NA Servers so that AUS could play and US players not getting butthurt playing on high MS. And there we are...like 90% of the server is EU.

rndmnbdy and Slacknul like this.
  9. Lanky

Lanky meraki

You're failing to look at the root of the problem, if the server was so good, people would be playing it, regardless of a streamer. But the point is, it isn't so good.

Yapah and Jêroylenkins like this.
  10. Sicknature

Sicknature Member

Could take the advice instead of shooting it down

Sketchbag likes this.
  11. Idiot

Idiot Vitor Belfort '97 hand speed

Bloody North Americans.

Sketchbag likes this.
  12. saxxon

saxxon saxxon

13. Conq

Conq Prometheus

When you start doing tournaments on the server I bet it'll go up.

14. Tenin

Tenin Member

Good servers keep players regardless of where the streamers go

15. Hamcake

Hamcake Grandfathered

unless they are made for bad communities :(

Mvq and saxxon like this.
  16. OP
    Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

Explain why Nost pop went down after the ban of Private Servers on Twitch that Blizzard pushed then.

Sketchbag likes this.
  17. Wil

Wil Member

Even if the population of Nost decreased, it didn't matter because the server still maintained a sizable core player base. So, sure, HB and Saxxon not streaming your server might reduce its population but that doesn't address the core issues of 1)The server's still in beta and people want to play the finished version and 2) The server's current state isn't good enough to persuade people not to quit. Either way this still falls on your hands whether you like it or not and I find it kind of petty to blame your failing server on other people.

Yapah, Captain, Rob and 1 other person like this.
  18. Voc

Voc Finesse Father

19. Idiot

Idiot Vitor Belfort '97 hand speed

Please, guys. Don't make me play retail again.

20. Hamcake

Hamcake Grandfathered

but are people playing retail instead? retail 19s are really in a better state? especially enough of a better state to pay for? I don't play either so I don't know