Meet The Twinks : Pizza (19) - Repost

Drayner

This was originally published on the Twinkinfo.com blog on Feb 12, 2009 @ 7:39PM

Here is a new bit we are going to do here. I will seek out some of the best, respected, helpful, or just overall cool twinks out there to learn more about them. If there is a twink you want to see featured, hit us up via our contact form and suggest one.

This 1st one is someone that tries really hard to make the Cyclone (US) Battlegroup a fun place to play. He's been around a while. He is one of the most recognizable twinks in pugs over in Cyclone as well.

What twink are you currently playing most?

I currently play 19 hunter Ekspozed. Ekspozed is a female troll while Pizza my original 19 hunter was a male troll.

Do you have other twinks?
I have a 19 NE rogue Igotpizza, 19 BE mage Wandering, 29 troll hunter Pizzaro and a 39 Orc warrior Snìcker.

What battlegroup do you play in?
Cyclone for 19s, moving to Bloodlust for 39s.

How long have you been twinking?
2 years

What got you into twinking?
PvP'd in Runescape before WoW so that kind of brought me into the whole twinking environment.

What keeps you twinking?
Being a guild master and leading my team to victory in 10v10s.

What is your favorite PVP area?
WSG for 19, AB for 29/29.

What do you think of the changes that WoTLK and the patches have brought to twinking?
I think that the whole profession package has hurt twinking. ZG shoulder enchants also left a bruise on twinking, wish they made some new shoulder enchants for AP/SP for people who missed their chance.

What are your views on etiquette in regards to in game exploits, GY Camping, exploited gear, etc?
I don't allow any of it in my guild.

Who are some of your favorite twink opponents?
Crushridge Legends, Causa Mortis, Legion of Warsong, The Twinks Unite

If you could get 1 single message to Blizzard in regards to twinking, what would it be?
Remove the buffs that are given through gathering professions.

Here is the 2nd Meet The Twinks - Pizza - I don't remember when this one was posted.
This one wasn't an actual interview though, it was me attacking Pizza. I was upset because they wouldn't give <Giddy Up Painaid>, which I had just joined, a rematch.

I wasn't going to post this one, but Pizza said go for it. Not trying to start drama. This is old stuff and water under the bridge.

OK, I am going to get back to the posts I used to do back before Twink Info became more catered towards “helping others”. A blog is a place where I can say what I want, when I want, and now is the time to say what I want. Today’s rant is going to make Pizza happy. More press for him because I know how much he loves seeing his name in lights. In fact, that’s why I made my very 1st Meet the Twinks on him over at TI last year, mainly mocking him. I don’t think he got it though.

OK, on to the show. The reason for this rant is two fold to be honest. The 1st is about his refusal to play a rematch vs. Giddy Up Painaid. The second part is his asinine afking and denial that it’s about his W/L record.

So, after a good long wait, Giddy Up Painaid and Waw Tawent finally did a 10 v 10 in the gulch. Waw Tawent won. The rematch talk popped up immediately. In fact, Gup wanted to play a 2nd game that night, but conflicting stories got in the way. 1st it was someone had to leave, then it was someone else had lost access to vent… whatever. It didn’t happen.

Then the Ruin forums popped up with challenges and people not in either guild pushing both guilds into a rematch asap. GUP was willing, WT refused. The issue with WT was that one of the members was leaving for the military soon. That was 18 days ago and this member still hasn’t left for boot camp (I assume). I hear he leaves on March 15th.

I could understand not being able to premade if you lost a “core” member, a flag carrier, a main healer, etc… but the member in question is, as far as I know, not a long time member of the Pizza Hut clan. I will admit, I don’t really know for sure how long this member has been around. For all I know he could be another member with a new class and name. Anyhow, the kicker is that this player is a hunter. OMFG, THAT’S A GREAT REASON. HUNTERS ARE SO HARD TO FIND. OMFG. Hehe… yep. A hunter.

Now, 18 days later. Waw Talent is looking for premades. They are trying to get a game with Meat Puppet, but they won’t play Giddy Up Painaid? Scared to play again I guess. Don’t wanna ruin that perfect record that you care so much about I suppose. Remember back in Cyclone when you guys wouldn’t play some guilds, but when the 75 AP pants were out (and still a secret) and the professions were 450/450, you begged everyone to play? Yep. I do too.

When is the WT vs GUP rematch? Do tell.

As promised, the Pizza vs AFK issue…

I posted a reply in a thread about this subject not too long ago already, here is that dialog…

Drayner - Speaking of AFKing like Pizza... I thought for sure he was gonna take a loss last night. I was on my ally toon standing in front of their tunnel with 1 minute to go. He was still in the game. (got a screenie) When the game ended, nowhere to be found. He must have a mod that gives time remaining to the second.

Pizza - Pugs matter and someone else pays my $15 a month.
OH WAIT...

Drayner - If pugs don't matter, why wait to the last second to leave? Really. Why do you care enough to leave. Why worry about wins and losses. Why do you rage in pugs? I mean, if pugs don't matter and all. You've kind of contradicted yourself there.

Pizza - What I was trying to get to is I am allowed to join and leave pugs as I please as I pay my subscription and pugs are not scheduled games so I have no obligation to stay. I leave because I don't want to be seen in a game with players who can not pull their own weight.
Here's the deal Draynor. When someone beats us in a 10v10 I will stop AFKing as I please in pugs.

Drayner - Fair enough Pizza. Yes, you have the right to afk out of any game you want. I don't refute that at all. You pay $15 and can do anything you want within the terms of Blizzards agreement and that is within those terms. You can GY camp, you can do anything... Others may frown on either of those, but if you can handle the flack received from doing so, more power to you.

The only issue I have with what you do is when I am in queue for 20 minutes, get a pop and find out that I just came into the game you left only to have it end 1 minute later. In queue another 20 now...

oh...

PS. What does getting beat in a 10v10 have to do with how you pug? Explain that as elegantly as you explained why you afk out of losses. Thanks.

Pizza - That is understandable. I hate when that happens also.

That was the end of the conversation. The point is that this kid cares more about e-rep than having a good time in the WSG imho. I have played with and against him for the last couple months and I can always predict his departure. More of my thoughts on this after the next exhibit.

Now, on to a new thread in the Ruin forums, page 3 post #45…

Pizza - No one is required to stay in pugs. I can care less about people calling me out for leaving pugs. When they run an undefeated premading guild they can come talk to me about AFKing out of pugs. http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7065/wwfail.jpg
I hope this refreshes your memory about the pug game everyone is talking about.

and a good reply from Critster of Meat Puppet…

Critster - You are cute. I will break down the essence of what you are saying.
1. You tell us what we all already know. "No one is required to stay in pugs"
Response: Technically you are correct. There are no requirements to do practically anything short of not break the ToS with Blizzard.

2. You lie. "I can care less about people calling me out for leaving pugs"
Response: You cared enough to try and defend yourself and post here.

3. You put requirements on others yet avoid them yourself. Note your first sentence followed by your laying down requirements for others to be able to talk to you about AFK'ing out of pugs. Many call this sort of double standard, "hypocrisy".

4. You classically rely on a screen shot to try to prove something but fail in so doing. We did not have a premade going. We were all just pugging and practicing and are not all in the same guild or in vent. The probability of more of the Horde being in vent then us on the ally side is definitely there. Fact is you had a favorable class balance and we lacked an FC druid. I can only wonder if you will even premade against us and if you do and are losing if you will AFK out. Will you quit the game? Your ego is beyond reality as is your bogus WSG record. Build on sand all you like...the storm is coming.

P.S. You AFK'ed out of the game right before that ss game.

Nice nice, I don’t think I could have said this better myself.

Pizza
- I didn't lie about caring less what people think (negatively) about me when I AFK out of pugs. You can ask anyone in Ruin vent that I hang out with that I view the attention I receive from AFKing out of pugs
as a positive, not a negative.

The reason I brought up premades is that people who complain about people leaving in pugs are usually the players who do not premade or are not successful in their premades. Pugs are the only place they can beat up on higher caliber players due to their team being low quality.
I just posted the SS since you said you did not remember that "pug" game. I never said it was a premade. It was obviously a pug.

Also I don't AFK out of pugs to benefit my so called win/lose ratio. I AFK because I do not wish to play with the selected team I have been placed with. Premades are all that matter to me in this bracket. Pugs are just a form of entertainment on my twink when I can't premade.

So when do you guys want to 10v10 us? Lets get it on the calender.

Wait, it gets better…

Critster
-
1. If you did not care, you would have nothing to say. Obviously what is said is important for you to try to defend. I simply do not buy your claimed indifference.
2. I do not agree with your assessment as to who takes issue with players who bail when the going gets tough. You obviously have a practiced and rehearsed defense.
3. I never said I did not remember a game.
4. You state your reasons, but again...most do not buy them. If all players bailed as often as you do it would break the system. Often times an egotistical attitude of superiority over other players and their game, such as you have displayed and defend, can belie a serious issue with perspective.
5. We will be very interested in playing you when we are settled in. I have only just started as GM of Meat Puppet/Horde Invasion and have a lot of transferring and re-rolling players to get settled, geared and organized. I don't think it will be long.
6. Thank you for not digressing to insults. I honestly disbelieve your reasons and if you are honest you are not considering the other players you abandon. Besides that you are bailing on a chance to push your skills. Wisdom says that you learn more through failure and adversity then you do when things are easy. If you would like to chat, our vent is open to you. I will just need to set you up an account as it is secure.

These last 2 Pizza replies are the most words I have seen Pizza post in the last 2 years…

Pizza -
1. What I meant when I was saying "I don't care" is that it does not affect me in a negative way when people complain about me AFKing. I enjoy the amount of publicity I receive by simply leaving a pug.
2. That's just my observation and what I believe.
3. I misinterpreted something you said.
4. If most people bailed as often as I do it would cause problems, of course. Most people don't receive the amount of attention I do at this bracket though.
5. Understandable, feel free to come talk to me on Ruin when your Alliance guild is ready to premade.
6. I simply argue my opinions the best I can while not being biased to try and get my points across. I have no reason to resort to insults. It does not benefit me at all to be on anyone's bad side. I try to have good relations with everyone. I totally agree that through failure and adversity you learn a lot more. It's just when you are failing, not because of your actions, but by actions done by others that you have no control over. There is really nothing you can do or learn from them.

Ok, all that said, here are my thoughts once again.

I realize that this game is whatever you want it to be. I realize that each of us pay our monthly fees and can play however, within the TOS, they want. This, I have no issue with. What I have an issue with is the effect of Pizza’s Afking. Sure, Some one replaces him when he leaves, but what if you are that person replacing him only to have the game end in 30 seconds? After waiting in queue on the horde side for 20 minutes, getting into a game for 30 seconds is a big bummer. Yes, this has happened to me many times in the last 2 months. This is my main concern. I would not have as much problem if he’d just AFK after the alliance gets a cap to save us all the trouble. At least his replacement, good or bad, would have ample time to actually play.

Now, the other issue I have with Pizza’s stance on this is the bold face lies about his caring. It’s quite laughable and very transparent. He says he leaves because his team members are incompetent, yet he sticks around to the end and leaves just prior to the loss. If he really leaves because of incompetence, he’d leave once he realizes the team is incompetent wouldn’t he? I mean, when I get in a game against 6 or more hunters, I don’t wait until the end, I afk almost instantly. Of coarse, I don’t care about my W/L record. Apparently he does. How on earth would anyone get a record (1842-66 at the time of this post) like his if he didn’t. I mean, seriously. Funny as fuck IMO.

Whatever dude, play how you want, but don’t try to lie or defend your actions if you are called on it. Make your bed and sleep in it.

A couple more tidbits for this installment of “Meet the Twinks”…

• [*=1]Pizza is a scroll clicker? He denies it. I have always suspected it. A little birdie told me he taught them how to do it. I dunno, sounds like Pizza is a scroll clicker.
    [*=1]Pizza and his guild/s do not have issues with GY camping in pugs either. Just an FYI. Not that it’s news to anyone, but thought I would just add that to his impressive resume of classless actions.

In closing, what Pizza does is his business, but if we don’t like it, we can make it ours. I am doing that now. The consequence of me being a whiner and “bad” as some consider me have long term effects on my gameplay. What you do in the game and in the forums define how others look at you. It has for me, it does for him. Unfortunately, more people are like Pizza in the 19 twink world than you can imagine. Utilizing any exploit possible to win, GY camping, and other general douchebaggery.

Last edited:

What are your views on etiquette in regards to in game exploits, GY Camping, exploited gear, etc?
I don't allow any of it in my guild.

So what changed?!

FYI. I didn't republish these as a slight towards the individuals featured, I was just skimming through backups of old content that were destroyed by the 2nd owner of this site when he tried to convert wordpress posts to vbulletin and thought it would be neat to archive them here. The 2nd owner is not the current owner BTW.

PS. I have a part 2 but I want to be nice. Part 2 of the Pizza meet the twinks was me showing some forum posts that transpired after Pizza's guild beat Giddy Up Painaid and refused a rematch. If [MENTION=65]Pizza[/MENTION] gives me permission, I will add that copy to the end of the lead post of this thread. I'm sure he remembers it. :)

FYI. I didn't republish these as a slight towards the individuals featured, I was just skimming through backups of old content that were destroyed by the 2nd owner of this site when he tried to convert wordpress posts to vbulletin and thought it would be neat to archive them here. The 2nd owner is not the current owner BTW.

PS. I have a part 2 but I want to be nice. Part 2 of the Pizza meet the twinks was me showing some forum posts that transpired after Pizza's guild beat Giddy Up Painaid and refused a rematch. If Pizza gives me permission, I will add that copy to the end of the lead post of this thread. I'm sure he remembers it. :)

Feel free to add it.

wats the issue with scroll clickin? "a little birdie told me pizza is a scroll clicker"

wats the issue with scroll clickin? "a little birdie told me pizza is a scroll clicker"

The Mochas of back then really looked down upon it. I remember the same in 39s during wotlk when it first became popular.

The GuP dodge was on purpose, everyone of worth knows/knew it.

Meat Puppet would have been used to wash the fucking floor by the old WT team esp if Hass wasn't playing.

Most of it is misunderstandings via text.

and the rest is just some mocha-esk ways of thinking.

although the multiple instances of lacking integrity that Pizza showed after losing to TC was somewhat amusing, key word being multiple.

: )

So im running a twink shadow priest. im going for a haste build but i want to know what all the gear i will need is. other then the boa's i have all of them sept for 2 trinks. have 1 but working on the other. if u have any advice let me know plx and asap. Thanks

for the 5000+ hours he play, he is terrible

no one play 19 more than him

you always have to count numbers of hours someone play,, its expereince that should perfect skillcap of this game

but he is stil far from being skillcapped

oiklliojlkol

TLDR version...

Pizza: Overrated player to those who don't know the difference between being pug stomped and not being pug stomped.

I've changed my way of thinking about Pizza since I quit and came back, and I don't think he's the demon people make him out to be. (inb4 lol wall of text)

To help explain the change in tune, enjoy a bit of my own story. I used to be pretty rage prone, due to a lack of anything worthwhile in my life outside of the game, so I took the game far too seriously. Frequently being on the losing end of a Pizza-led farm squad triggered that rage because I hated losing and anything that was outside of my perception of how fun and competitive twink games should be made me angry. I really only enjoyed playing twink brackets in this game and since 19 was the only truly active bracket left (lol 24s), it was all I had to hold on to. I had fond memories of 29s and 39s of long past, and 19s weren't anywhere near what I was used to and I raged out pretty often.

Having enriched my life outside of the game after a break, and having read Pizza's most recent interview helped change my mind about the guy. I think Pizza has good intentions, but may also be plagued by unrealistic expectations of the bracket and being competitive to a fault. Pizza's been around so long and has so much experience that you can't realistically call him overrated or bad. Personal biases aside, anyone would be foolish to think of him as anything other than one of the best to ever play this bracket.

I just think he lets his desire to be competitive get the best of him and he holds "the rest of us" outside his circle to that same standard. He expects us to be as good as himself and those he surrounds himself with, which creates unrealistic expectations as not everyone else has the same desire to play at the level he would like to see. This is probably why he afk's games so frequently, or used to in the past. He's playing his best at all times, and it upsets him when the rest of a pug team isn't, or just isn't capable of playing at that level. I think he has such a spirit for competition that he often gives in to a "win at all costs" mindset and will employ all means short of cheating to get those wins.

Meat Puppet would have been used to wash the fucking floor by the old WT team esp if Hass wasn't playing.

LMFAO ROLF lolollololoooollllllllll. Most hilarious thing I've read on these forums to date. Only so few know why, but this is very amusing.

haha this thread was a laugh to read and remember the golden years of twinking.

All the drama the bracket could be. Painaid still has a youtube up making Pizza afk out of a bg. I swear you probably can see Pizza back peddling in it.

Users who are viewing this thread