Meet The Twinks: Moran

Sketchbag

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Super Moderator
This is an intimate and candid interview pertaining to all things Moran -- No such thing as tl;dr in this thread. Enjoy!

What or whom got you into twinking?

My real life friend who introduced me to WoW was also the person who introduced me to twinking. I made my first twink in late Vanilla. It was a 29 rogue that eventually became the 39 I play today. I didn't play on a popular BG and I paid little attention to the social aspect of the game. I pretty much played twinks to get big crits on undergeared players.

What is your favorite class?

It's hard to say exactly what my favorite class is. At both max level and at 19 I enjoy Druid, Rogue, Warrior, and Mage. I generally like to play classes that have high skill caps, which is why I avoid playing things like Hunter and Shaman.

What is your favorite race?

Cosmetically, Undead is my favorite race. The casting animations are totally rad. Functionally, my favorite class is Night Elf. Shadowmeld is such a versatile ability.

What was your first twink bracket?

29. My Resto Druid that I mained throughout WoTLK, Cata, and MoP was originally a 39 Feral and a 49 Boomkin.

Do you like twinkies? (Hostess)

Of course.

Favorite twink bracket atm?

I think 39s are a superior bracket to 19s. The lack of defensive cooldowns at 19 make arenas really unenjoyable, especially while solo queuing. That being said, I prefer the community at 19. There are a lot of interesting characters make the bracket a fun experience for me.

You made a valiant effort for the 39s community. Describe the feelings involved.

I attempted (albeit it was a poor attempt) to revive the 39 bracket earlier this year. I had played in the 2014 revival and I had an absolute blast. I faced a lot of networking challenges to really get the revival in full swing. On top of that I was in my fourth and final year of University, so it was become hard to balance school, work, and twinks.

Do they pop at all? I am 100% unaware of that backet.

I don't believe so.

Do you play 29s? 20? Frequently?

I played 29s a while back with Kancer and Pizza. The bracket was okay. It definitely reminded me of twinking in Vanilla and BC. Lots of noobs, lots of big crits, and lots of egos. The bracket was kinda fun, but it didn't really have that competitive feel that I crave.

How thick are your sideburns atm?

Funny you ask. I recently got a hair cut so the sideburns are in hibernation for a while.

How did you and Skill Ratio partner up?

I competed against Skill Ratio in last year's Twink Cup. I played for the RBG team formally known as <This Sunday Night>. After the Twink Cup, I messaged Pizza expressing my interest in playing for the guild. I made a Rogue and Druid and played for the guild towards the end of MoP. Since then I have been playing actively with the guild in both premades and pugs.

How many 19s do you have atm?

I have 15 level 19 twinks right now. I am planning on leveling a Paladin and second priest in the near future.

What's your favorite 19 faction atm?

From a racial point of view, Horde is definitely the faction I prefer. The Alliance racials are considerably weaker when it comes to both arenas and battlegrounds.

Coffee or tea?

Definitely Coffee. I actually make my coffee using a Vietnamese coffee maker. It's a relly simple process and I recommend that anyone at least try it. There is nothing better than sweetened condensed milk for your coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IGxH_cfl10

What happened on twitch?

Funny you ask. I was banned over two years ago for harassing another user. It wasn't until today that I got unbanned. Please follow Twitch

Huge fan of your vids and editing skills! When did you start doing that?

I started making troll videos in mid Cataclysm. I've always been the type to talk trash and create drama with other players. I used to make videos that mocked some of the other players in my battlegroup (Cyclone at the time). I've also always had a passion for making PvP videos. I think it's a dying art form definitely worth preserving. I actually made my first PvP video in 2007. It featured my 29 rogue in an Ambush montage. I was really influenced by this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRE1hPS78_4.

How would you rate the success of your stream and uploads?

My stream had very limited success. My videos are definitely how a lot of people recognize me. I hope to change that by streaming more.

Do you have a favorite upload of yours you would like to share?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgYxXH1KQo

I was randomly farming honor on my Warrior and I saw this paladin maxing his APM by farming NPCs in AV. I was immediately entranced. Never in my life had I seen such intensity and finesse.

You are a multi rank 1 Gladiator. Explain your favorite title!

Tyrannical Gladiator for sure. It was my first Rank 1 title and the last title before Blizzard merged battlegroups. Rank 1 titles following this season definitely have less pristige as they are significantly easier to get. My second favorite title is Grievous Gladiator. I got the title playing with two Chinese kids studying in the US. The language barrier made things interesting at times. It was a real challenge and such a reward when we grinded from 2200 to 2500 for R1 in 3v3.

Do you have neat printing? I've heard I print like a girl!

I have exceptionally good handwriting, at least that's what my mom tells me.

Twink Cup is right around the corner, you playing?

Yes, I am playing with Skill Ratio.

Who do you think is the strongest arena team?

That is hard to say. 3v3 at level 19 is such a clusterfuck that it's really difficult to know which teams are the best. I do think Livingforce will be a tough team to beat. The guy is a great player with a very aggressive playstyle, something that is perfect for 3v3.

Who has the strongest WSG team?

Skill Ratio definitely has the strongest team. In all the premades that we have played, we haven't had a single flag capped on us. Our entire roster is stacked. We are the best and hope to show that later this month.

Do you like fireworks? Roman candles, yikes!

I mean, as a freedom loving American, I love explosives.

Will 19s have an appeal to you after the Cup?

Always and forever.

Do you feel 19s create bad 100s habits?

Not at all. In fact, I think 19s can help you understand the game better. Certain mechanics are really important at 19 (movement speed and positioning to name a few). Understanding these things is important for developing skills at max level. I wrote an article on Skill-Capped a while back about this: Lessons learned from low-level PvP and Hearthstone - Articles - Skill Capped

Do any of your RBG/arena secrets carry over to 19s?

The one thing that max level players are better at are CC and interrupts. That isn't to say that 19s are terrible at these things, but they definitely have a lot to learn.

As a Glad Rdruid, does it bum you out where the class is at 19?

Yes, the healing throughput is really low. If healing was buffed by 50% it might actually be a viable class in the bracket. That being said, I do enjoy ferocious biting people for 3k.

When is the last time you used ICQ? lol

Never.

Are you happy with how the community is currently?

The community makes me laugh. It's a wonderful mix of well deserved egos and undeserved egos. There are so many players who are clueless about the bracket despite having played it for years. Overall, I think there are a lot of interesting folks in this community, which is part of the reason I stick around.

Do you like the meta currently?

It's definitely a step in the right direction from MoP. Premades in MoP were so slow due to 25 minute games and stale mid fights. Guardian Druids were invincible unless there were 10 stacks, and Hunter damage was way overtuned. I like games now, even with the recent changes to Aimed Shot and Rogue Damage. I do think the bracket would drastically improve with the introduction of more defensive cooldowns, interrupts, and crowd control.

List 10 twinks that shine brighter then most!

1. Kancer - This guy is someone who definitely tops me in every way possible. He is a genius when it comes to the bracket. I respect him as both a player and as a person. He has taught me so much about the bracket and I'm glad I got to know him.

2. Pizza - Without a doubt in my mind, Pizza is the face of the bracket. He is a wonderful leader and a passionate guy. I think he is a bit misunderstood, but that's a completely different story.

3. Randylayhee - This guy is so innovative and unpredictable. A sight for sore eyes.

4. Ko - One of the best multiclassers in the bracket. His versatility as a player is something that every person should respect.

5. Sliq - Another great multiclasser. The guy knows how to play.

6. Youredead - She's both a sweetheart and a monster. She really has mastered the Warlock class at 19.

7. Uraflamer - I originally hated the guy but I recently started to like him. He is exceptionally good at 19, especially when it comes to cleaving mid. I always appreciate people who can damage bot in PvP.

8. Livingforce - Another passionate player. Truly a great guy to know and play arenas with.

9. Barb - A misunderstood player, but a skilled one at that. I met Barb in the 39 bracket last revivial. Every game I played with him was a win. Despite the controversy he has caused, he is a great player.

10. The entire Skill-Ratio main team - The best players in the bracket.

Well Moran thank you for doing this interview! Any shoutouts?

Shoutout to my master Kancer for letting me out of my cage to have this interview. Also, big ups to Yoube and HB. I enjoy their podcasts on Bisnation. Any sort of community run effort to produce content is appreciated by me. Finally, shoutouts to my arena partners at 100 (Jax, Cower, Hewty especially).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, fun read!

This was such a fun and good read, not too small not too big, i like it!

Well done sketch :)

Users who are viewing this thread