Meet The Twinks - Jadyn (39) - Repost

Drayner

This was originally published on the Twinkinfo.com blog on Feb 20, 2009 @ 10:51PM

Well, if you are a regular in your US battleground forum, I can almost guaratee you have seen a post with Jadyn's name on it. Jadyn is very active in the 39 twink community both as a guild leader of Purple Haze and as an advocate for the Bloodlust battlegroup.

What twink are you currently playing most?

Jadyyn, a level 39 undead priest (18/12/0 atm). My original 39 twink, Jadyn was a troll shadow priest that I leveled up because she couldn't get every new item I wanted, and I was offered Naxx enchants and a Green Lens of the Eagle.

Do you have other twinks?

I have a 29 priest, and 39 rogue, druid, and paladin (all similar names). Don't really play them at the moment though, and some of them are dismally out of date in gear.

What battlegroup do you play in?
Bloodlust.

How long have you been twinking?
I started out twinking at 29 pre-x-realm. I took a break from wow until March of 2007, at which point I began 39s. Formed <Purple Haze> on April 13th. =)

What got you into twinking?
Originally? My RL friend, he made a 29 warrior for me to healbot. I moved to the 39 bracket because I got my hands on a Staff of Jordan and Robes of the Magi, and figured my priest would look even cooler than she did at 29 with beguiler robes and fire goggles. >.>
Read on for the rest of the "Meet The Twinks"...

What keeps you twinking?
Hm, that's a tough one, because there are many things that keep me twinking. Probably the biggest and best reason is "the people". Running my guild, seeing my guildies improve, watching the other guilds in bloodlust grow and improve, playing with and against people and teams... Premade matches, strategizing and competing with the other guilds and teams. And getting to know new people who join from other battlegroups and guilds and new guilds forming. There is a reason I thought about majoring in Sociology once upon a time. >.>

What is your favorite PVP area?

I feel it's more accurate to say my favorite form of pvp are premades matches. Doesn't really matter which specific battleground or arena to me, though bigger is often better in my book (partly because it's more rare). And I have a dream of 20v20+ world pvp someday.
Right now, I probably have the most fun in WSG. PH has a great history of doing 10v10 matches, and it's our favored battlefield. AB is something we just got into, and discovered that it's very much a different animal, but I'm looking forward to learning to do it well too in premade matches.

What do you think of the changes that WoTLK and the patches have brought to twinking?

I'm very much of two minds on anything Blizzard adds that twinks can obtain. On the one hand, I think any increase in the ability and options to customize our characters is great. On the other hand, it comes at too much of a cost too often. I do feel sorry for old school twinks who can't get certain new things anymore. I went through it myself.
Grandfathering though, I do not like at all for obvious reasons. I feel that eventually twinking communities may have to make a decision: do they care more about fair competition and playing games on an even footing, or do they care more about maxing out and grabbing whatever can be grabbed for the sake of winning, games be damned? "Skill vs gear" is a very old argument, and something that I fear may be won by "gear". =/

What are your views on etiquette in regards to in game exploits, GY Camping, exploited gear, etc?
All of that has the implicit definition of being "bad", so of course I'm against it. That said, I don't believe that it's always a black and white matter. And, I try to be forgiving of people who haven't learned what's good and what's bad. Some things have been defined by blizzard as exploits, those are fairly clear cut, and often can simply be reported. But other things I feel I should point out have basically been defined arbitrarily by the twinking community as "bad". Not that the decision is wrong, but that people should recognize that it was a decision, and that someone could just as easily come to a different conclusion on their own.
My philosophy is this: PH wants to play against other teams, so if doing something damages our reputation, I don't want to do it. Other things have in our experience trivialized parts of the game, which makes things less fun, even if it doesn't give either team an advantage.

Who are some of your favorite twink opponents?
Heh, there have been and are many. Right now Kayes and <One Shot> on Frostmourne alliance, and Diff and <Prestige Worldwide> on Kilrogg alliance are our favorite people to play against. And I feel they are some of the greatest support for Bloodlust's activity and improvement. Both guilds have given us many good fights, but more than the competition, I respect them for their views: playing games > reputation and winning. They have willingly fielded teams that were much less than perfect when fighting us at times, and that is a tough thing to do.

If you could get 1 single message to Blizzard in regards to twinking, what would it be?
Freedom. WoW is about options and the freedom to do what you want. You can raid, you can pvp, you can solo, you can do dungeons. You can collect achievements, you can collect pets, you can learn professions, you can fish, you can play the AH, you can become rich, or make a twink. Blizzard, I ask that you keep in mind the ideas of freedom and options when considering twinks. Give us more things to obtain if you want, but at the very least, do not take things away. Hurting any aspect or community within WoW hurts WoW itself. Don't do it for us, do it because it's smart business.

Last edited:
Well. This was interesting to look back at. Sociology major: check. Playing for "the people": still true, and I wish I had thought more about that at the time before I quit and broke all those connections. "Games be damned": looks like that's what won out in Cata. Never did manage to pull off my dream of 20v20 world pvp. But considering we got 13v13 or so world pvp at 19, and have 29s up to 8+ online every day... maybe I can work towards that dream on this private server...

Users who are viewing this thread