Meet The Twinks : Heysus (19) - Repost

Drayner

This was originally published on the Twinkinfo.com blog on Feb 13, 2009 @ 12:19PM

Today, let's meet Heysus. If you have been twinking for any period of time, love him or hate him, you have heard of Heysus. The name, Heysus is one that pops up when the word twink pops up. I have been twinking a LONG time and I am new to twinking next to Heysus.

What twink are you currently playing most?
At the moment I am pretty into 39s which is an interesting and new bracket for me and most of my guild who are rolling 39s as well. With the ability to make a 55 DK on any server we have spawned a new guild from the ground up on the Kilrogg server (alliance side). I'm rolling a FC druid for 10v10 WSG named Diff. I plan on stacking high stam and using the Deadmans Hand and Green Whelp Armor to CC opponents as much as possible. I also enjoy my new 39 rogue named Manupstairs on Eldre'Thalas alliance. I joined up with <Ambitions of a Ryder> who were nice enough to fund his gear. I play Chrrist my 39 PoD war here and there but there isn't much 39 activity on Smolderthorn and I hate pugging by myself.

Do you have other twinks?
Yeah I got a number of other twinks :D Most notably my 19 warrior on Smolderthorn, Heysus and my 19 rogue on Garrosh also named Heysus and my two 19 druids, Oofc (Smolderthorn horde) and Diff (Garrosh alliance).
Most of my 19 twinks are a little outdated these days what with the profession buffs and BoA gear/enchants but I still do just fine in PvP.

What battlegroup do you play in?
I play in Bloodlust and Reckoning in the 39 bracket as well as Whirlwind, Cyclone, Emberstorm, and Reckoning at 19s. At the moment Bloodlust and Emberstorm are definetly my main battlegroups.

How long have you been twinking?
I have been twinking for about 3.5 years now. My first serious twink was a 30 Shaman I made back when the brackets were 21-30, 31-40, and so on. When the 10-19 bracket was started I decked out a 19 rogue in preperation for the new bracket. Those first few weeks in the 10-19 bracket were pretty funny. No one knew what was going on and most people didn't know what a twink was heh.

What got you into twinking?
The idea of getting a set of gear that I wouldn't have to upgrade every month when a new instance came out (aka 60) was very appealing to me. I loved the idea of being able to pvp vs people with almost the exact same gear and talent set up. IMO it made pvp more of a skill based event rather then who had better gear or a more 1v1 oriented set up.
I actually started my first "twink" before battlegrounds were available and before the honor system (patch 1.4). As a level 20 druid I rolled around The Barrens and Redridge Mts ganking nubs :p

What keeps you twinking?
The thing that I really love about twinking are the premades. 10v10 WSG games guild vs guild are just the best fun I have had in WoW. Hopefully at 39s we will be able to get some 15v15 AB games in the future.

What is your favorite PVP area?
Warsong Gulch is definetly my favorite way to PvP. It's fast paced where speed and organization determine the outcome of the game. I love the countless moments in good WSG games where you almost can't keep up with the action. Where one heal makes the difference between a cap and a reset of both flags or when that heal fails because the FC runs around a corner or gets out of range.

What do you think of the changes that WoTLK and the patches have brought to twinking? Well one thing I loved about twinking back in the day was that anyone could do it. Really anyone could. I made my horde warrior by farming copper and deviate fish as a level 19. These days it's hard enough to keep up with gear even if you do have a lvl 80 character. I don't have anything against these new buffs other then that they take away from the ability to make a twink without a main, which makes it more like the max level grind for gear.
As far as grandfathered shoulders and professions go I'm not so happy either. The difference between a fully decked twink with profs and BoA gear (enchanted) is hudge (especially at 19). And for those who don't have them you will never be able to keep things on an even keel which destroys one of the things I have loved about twinking since the begining. Imho blizz should relook at what they grandfather.

What are your views on etiquette in regards to in game exploits, GY Camping, exploited gear, etc?
On the topic of exploiting gear/terrain I have always fought against the argument about intent. IMO it doesn't matter what Blizz intended or didn't intend. There are countless examples of things that are not working as intended but don't need fixing. My problem with exploit shoulder enchants and terrain exploits is that they break the game mechanics. It's just the same as speed hacking imo. You're breaking the way the game is supposed to work to gain an unfair advantage on those who are playing fair.
GY camping I have no problem with as long as you don't extend the game unecessarily. If you're up against a pug while queuing with your 10 man twink team I see no problem in containing the other team in their GY while you 3 cap in under 10min. It's a legit and good strategy to make sure no one slips by your D and prolongs the inevitable. But if you refuse to cap while farming the other teams GY you should gtfo and get some class.

Who are some of your favorite twink opponents?
My favorite opponents are the ones who like myself aren't afraid to lose. Jadyn, guild leader of <Purple Haze> is a perfect example of this. The man plays to have fun and if you have to queue with a disadvantage then so be it. Anyways, how can you improve if you are afraid to learn something?
Some of my other favorite opponents include Snowshoe, Rickrolled, Druiddroid (imo), and Deathsstone just because he always keeps things exciting.

If you could get 1 single message to Blizzard in regards to twinking, what would it be?
WE NEED COMPETITION! That's what I'm always looking for, fun competition. From my experience the majority of twinks don't want to mindlessly wreck pugs. We want hard games against other twinks, give us rated arenas so we can organize, idc about any rewards or glory. Or make a queue option for premade groups so we can skip the pugs and get the games we are really queuing to play!

Thanks for reading and thank for sharing Heysus...

GY camping I have no problem with as long as you don't extend the game unecessarily. If you're up against a pug while queuing with your 10 man twink team I see no problem in containing the other team in their GY while you 3 cap in under 10min. It's a legit and good strategy to make sure no one slips by your D and prolongs the inevitable. But if you refuse to cap while farming the other teams GY you should gtfo and get some class.

This

wow this is funny to see, I just stumbled upon this forum and saw this

This is Heysus. I don't think I've had anything to do with WoW since back in 2009.

I would like to say that Unsullied and Crushridge Legends were the original best ever. We gave them a run for their money. Me and my crew can probably take 3rd place as far as best original twink crews go ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread