Meet the Twinks - Halfbreed - Repost

Drayner

This was originally published on the Twinkinfo.com blog on May 6, 2009 @ 5:30PM

Strolling around the forums, I have discovered a handful of @Halfbreed posts in the Stormstrike forums. After reading into a few, I discovered that the @ posts were not too complimentary. That's ok, it's not what people think about this guys style that matters to me, it's the style itself that intrigued me enough to find out more.

So this guy basically plays 19 Twink WSG as if he has only 1 life. Pretty interesting. I had concerns on whether this was a detriment or distraction to the game for those in the same match. I am gathering that he is more focused on mid, but does try to when when his 1 life permits. That's cool I guess. Several have come forward and said he plays his 19 hunter above average too. To be honest, I expect most hunters to patrol mid anyhow. That's all I saw in the last few months anyway. Let's learn a little about Halfbreed.

Hi Halfbreed. I have heard a tale of a hunter in the Stormstrike battlegroup that plays the game a little different than the average 19 twink. Is this true?

Hmm.. such a vague question.

I do not think I qualify as a "tale" as of yet..but I am deeply humbled to be regarded as such.. When I first started the "Halfbreed Project", I wanted to be the best Hunter in the S.S. battlegroup.

To answer your inquiry..yes, in that I never expected myself to turn out "average".

Well, first I wouldn't regard it as a "style"
I just setup different parameters for victory..for myself..not the team as a whole.
Basically, I am not completely content and satisfied with my performance unless..
I have double the damage output of the second highest damage output, Horde or Ally at the end of the game.
I have the most KBs(yes, im fully aware that killing blows means nothing, but its a fun, shallow, mini challenge).
I have earned the most honor, Horde or Ally.
..And to add another level of difficulty..I am only granted one life to accomplish all of this..
I aslo notice many hunters do not realize the true potential of the Hunter’s Melee abilities.. I will not go into detail for obvious reasons.. It’s “G14 classified”.
From the minute I log on this toon, I am bombarded with questions, insults, praise, and everything in between. But the one question that seems to be a constant is..why one life?
The idea of basically being immortal in WSG didn’t sit well with me. I’ve been a gamer since I could handle the weight of a controller..and I’ve always been use to clinging on to one life. My first true experience in competitive gaming was when I was in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] grade, back in the days of Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis was mindblowing, gaming technology.
They were having a fundraiser or something along those lines..they set up two tournaments..Mortal Kombat on the Genesis and Clayfighters(if memory serves me correct) on the SNES. It started with 200 kids, and I ended up winning both tournaments back to back..but more importantly than that..I didn’t lose a single match, more precisely a life. i.e. being 2/0 against everyone that advanced.

From that point on..I’ve always tried beating games on any console, PC, and arcade with one life.

Some of those games include..Metroid, Time Crisis(arcade), Halo, every fighting game ever, i.e. StreetFighter, MK, Tekken, etc..so on and so forth.
I am selfish, I play for myself, to be quite honest..most of the time I totally disregard the entire Ally group..for I ultimately know and expect that most likely they will be hilariously incompetent..as far as pugs, nubs, and lowb infestation is concerned. In my own prespective, Alliance equals “noob saturation” ..meaning new players almost always opt to be Alliance, whereas most veterans roll a Horde per twink purposes. Not to imply that Horde does not have their share, but in my opinion, Alliance will just have more..its manifest destiny if you will.
Yet..it is this reason I choose to stay Alliance.

Not attacking you or this style, to each their own (I think it’s quite neat really), but do you think this style helps or hurts your team?

I believe that having me in a group has its benefits and drawbacks..
In my own opinion and this might sound too cocky, and Im sure I’ll be hit with many nay sayers, but I believe myself to be the best 19 Hunter in SS, Horde or Ally.
Obviously, the drawback would be my one life rule. Most of the time I do /afk out before my imminent death, the reasons being three-fold:
1.I don’t like seeing my toon yelping in agony as she dies.
2.To preserve my buffs and pots to be used another battle.
3.To deprive the Horde any satisfaction.
But when they do force me out..I take it as a fail for me..so kudos to the Horde organized enough to chase, corner, and focus me.

What twink are you currently playing most?

Halfbreed of course..she is my only twink.
I've had her for a little over a year now..and I'm getting close to my 100hk..I estimate another two months and I will finally have a title worth having, "Halfbreed of the Alliance".

What battlegroup do you play in?

Stormstrike

What got you into twinking?
The mundane competition at 70(80s nowadays)

What keeps you twinking?
It’s funny to admit it but..getting a rise out of people is always funny to me..after an intense game of avoiding death and maintaining my parameters for victory, I love getting pst from Horde saying anything their imagination can come up with to insult and belittle me.

What do you think of the changes that WoTLK and the patches have brought to twinking?
Hmm.. I never QQed about it over forums, although that seemed to be the trend. For some reason people assumed I would stop playing after the patch went live..they assumed wrong.

Any thoughts good or bad about 3.1?
Every patch brings some technical chaos, but after the dust settled, 3.1 made twinking even more fun.

What are your views on etiquette in regards to in game exploits, GY Camping, exploited gear, etc?
When exploits were being used, I reluctantly had a pair in my bag..only for the sheer thought of going against other twinks I knew for a fact were utilizing it already.
GY camping can be beneficial, of course only in certain situations. I prefer to stay in mid, but sometimes it happens.

Who are some of your favorite twink opponents?
Oh my.. this will require some thought. In no certain order..
Expendable, Curvy, Ninjafied, IzzyBee, Unsurpassed, plus so many more im sure I am forgetting.

If you could get 1 single message to Blizzard in regards to twinking, what would it be?
That if they ever did away with twinking, say bye to farming my checking account. Twinking is the one integral part of the game I am willing to quit over. All in all..I would like to quote an alliance toon to paraphrase my feelings..
“I play the way I want to, the way that is fun for me, and anyway, it’s just a stupid game.” -Grump
I am Halfbreed(Dentarg) and I approve of this message.

Thanks to Halfbreed for taking the time to respond to this. His style is quite different and may not be cool with many, but I urge you to understand his style. It's definitely different. I can see some advantages both ways for his team members and for the opposition too. Anyhow. There ya have it... Halfbreed.

Users who are viewing this thread