Meadow Ring of Eluding w/ +2 agi and +2 dodge

Inkobah here...I've been a twink for a long time but recently came back after an 8 year break from WoW. All that to say, I'm super rusty and I've forgotten so much.

Anyways, was perusing the AH this morning and found this:

FYR6sykf

Meadow-Ring-of-Eluding.png

I never remembered seeing one with +2 agi and +2 dodge and so I did some quick searching here, WoWhead and a couple other places via Google. And my quick search revealed 0 results with this exact stat suffix for the ring. I could just be misremembering things (8 years away and old age will do that), but anyone else seen/have one of these? And if so, why aren't the mainline WoW databases showing it as a suffix?

Thanks y'all!

-Ink

Reactions: KPI
Inkobah here...I've been a twink for a long time but recently came back after an 8 year break from WoW. All that to say, I'm super rusty and I've forgotten so much.

Anyways, was perusing the AH this morning and found this:

FYR6sykf

Meadow-Ring-of-Eluding.png

I never remembered seeing one with +2 agi and +2 dodge and so I did some quick searching here, WoWhead and a couple other places via Google. And my quick search revealed 0 results with this exact stat suffix for the ring. I could just be misremembering things (8 years away and old age will do that), but anyone else seen/have one of these? And if so, why aren't the mainline WoW databases showing it as a suffix?

Thanks y'all!

-Ink
it used to be 1 agi 12 dodge. when they nerfed them in like mop? they became 2 agi 2 dodge.

That’d make sense on why I wouldn’t remember since I missed MoP completely. But why would this show up in pre-patch TBC in classic? None of them I’ve seen in Classic have been 2/2. They’ve all been 1/1.

-Ink

Some of the new items are fucked atm. The item hasn't changed overall, here is mine that I got from vanilla

unknown.png

it's just that newly looted items have weird stats. Same with Revelosh.

unknown.png

greatest stats you could have when looted in vanilla when upgraded in prepatch.

Then now it drops

unknown.png

which shouldn't even be obtainable in TBC

Last edited:
Interesting @Anexa ...so are we thinking this is how Blizz intends to keep it or is it bugged (and will get fixed via patch or hotfix)?

-Ink

This is very bad. I think we should report every item bug we see, clearly their beta testers weren't testing low level drops, most likely they just have bugs that were missed, and quite a lot of them! Hopefully they fix, and revert all items to reasonable states, or if they don't revert, at least fix future drops.

If you feel like you are done in taking advantage of this situation, then you should report this as a gamebreaking bug

because [X of fiery wrath], [X of healing] items does not drop anymore and they're quickly going extinct from the auction house

Best way to notice it is how https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=10504/green-lens is now "of Intellect" if it procs shadow/healing/nature/frost etc

also the attack power of each newly looted item has lower AP than vanilla, you can tell it's a new dropped item if the AP stats are green

then items like https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=15140/cutthroats-mantle suddenly rolls 6-6 stats

If you want to report a bug:
  1. Press Esc to open the menu and then Support, or click the ? button
  2. Make sure you’re in the HOME tab. If not, click HOME on the upper part of the Customer Support page.
  3. Just below the “Search World of Warcraft Support” text field, there’s five links with images.
  4. Click on the first one: Submit feedback or bug report.
  5. Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  6. Click Submit.
unknown.png

@Anexa, how widespread is this? I guess I don't have a full scope other than noticing how things like Wrangler's and 19 rings seem to be affected. I feel like I'm playing catch up a bit with you and others...is there another thread on this even? Thanks.

-Ink

It would be good if we had a full list of effected items, but it looks big... gloves, wrists, bracers... we should pretty much assume it includes ALL random stat low level items and that they were pull from the wrong DB or something? It would help if we could all coordinate on what exactly our reports will say is the problem.

If you feel like you are done in taking advantage of this situation, then you should report this as a gamebreaking bug

because [X of fiery wrath], [X of healing] items does not drop anymore and they're quickly going extinct from the auction house

Best way to notice it is how https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=10504/green-lens is now "of Intellect" if it procs shadow/healing/nature/frost etc

also the attack power of each newly looted item has lower AP than vanilla, you can tell it's a new dropped item if the AP stats are green

then items like https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=15140/cutthroats-mantle suddenly rolls 6-6 stats

If you want to report a bug:
  1. Press Esc to open the menu and then Support, or click the ? button
  2. Make sure you’re in the HOME tab. If not, click HOME on the upper part of the Customer Support page.
  3. Just below the “Search World of Warcraft Support” text field, there’s five links with images.
  4. Click on the first one: Submit feedback or bug report.
  5. Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  6. Click Submit.
unknown.png
Just quoting to continue to spread this message.
It would be good if we had a full list of effected items, but it looks big... gloves, wrists, bracers... we should pretty much assume it includes ALL random stat low level items and that they were pull from the wrong DB or something? It would help if we could all coordinate on what exactly our reports will say is the problem.
This is a good idea. I will actually make a new thread describing what appears to be the technical details of this bug. This might make it easier for Blizzard to understand what the hell we're complaining about, if we all had a united message.

Much appreciated!! : )

I've been very happy with all the work you've done on it so far!! Let's keep pushing : )

Ideally your post should ultimately also include a TLDR version with a simple copy and paste this into the bug report if you don't want to write something more personal to the Blizzard about it. More players will actually send it in that way!

Welcome back!

I'm personally going to go take a wild guess that these lower level item stat bugs are probably going to be either fixed by release or hotfixed a while after. The issue with them being lower level and not endgame could delay how fast that is, though. And of course there is always the off chance they get GF'd for the different stat versions. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Welcome back!

I'm personally going to go take a wild guess that these lower level item stat bugs are probably going to be either fixed by release or hotfixed a while after. The issue with them being lower level and not endgame could delay how fast that is, though. And of course there is always the off chance they get GF'd for the different stat versions. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
The problem is in its current state, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not Grandfather something, because you have CLASSIC Greens that are GFd, and new TBCC Blues that will be GFd once a fix is pushed. The only reasonable fix would involve setting all suffix rolls to their maximum previous amount, randomizing for uneven rolls (Charged Gear etc), and nuking stuff like ...of Intellect rolls on lenses and the like and replacing it with a random ...of x Wrath or ...of Healing.

Blizzard's path to patching this properly is a huge bitch when it comes to the actual details, and I fear they will simply not fucking bother because it's not endgame.

The problem is in its current state, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not Grandfather something, because you have CLASSIC Greens that are GFd, and new TBCC Blues that will be GFd once a fix is pushed. The only reasonable fix would involve setting all suffix rolls to their maximum previous amount, randomizing for uneven rolls (Charged Gear etc), and nuking stuff like ...of Intellect rolls on lenses and the like and replacing it with a random ...of x Wrath or ...of Healing.

Blizzard's path to patching this properly is a huge bitch when it comes to the actual details, and I fear they will simply not fucking bother because it's not endgame.
The unfortunate thing is, you are probably right. Twinking, despite being beloved by us here, is a niche audience in WoW. Classic / TBC Classic itself can very easily be argued as a niche as well, so when you combine the two...You can't really have high hopes for it to get a great deal of attention from Blizz. Also when you factor in how little they did in terms of botting and such in Classic after a few months of it's launch.

I guess the best option would be to mass report it, and hope that it's enough to draw enough attention to the right people. I'm skeptical it'd end up doing much, but worth a try.

Noticed that almost everything on the AH has lowrolled stats, and while some look buggy (i.e dodge with the green text), others are more subtle, such as a plethora of 3/3 scouting gloves or 2/2 wrangler wristbands. My take is that this is a bug like many have suggested. However, I'm a little more optimistic that it will be fixed, as this clearly is not only a change from classic tbc but an unwelcome one. The question is, do they have the ability to hunt down all the items that were affected and revert them? Will all those 3/3 scouting gloves reroll to legitimate 3/3s, 3/4s, and 4/4s (if so there could be some sneaky money to be made). At any rate, I'm submitting a ticket and hoping like everyone else that they fix this ASAP.

Yeah +2/+2 did nothing exist in TBC or Wrath. The only eluding modification was +1/+12.

Thus makes me sad since I’m just coming back for TBC Classic. I have 2 2/2 eluding just incase they fix them (we can only hope but most likely won’t revert to correct stats)

Can someone with the +12 dodge eluding test that it’s even giving correct dodge % though to begin with and let me know? AGM is bugged and giving only 2% dodge instead of the 4.73 or so % that it should so eluding should be even higher than that.

Btw if anyone wants to donate two old school eluding and a pair of wranglers monkey 3/3, scouting gloves monkey 4/4 I’ll help you with AGM or whatever you want lol, made my rogue 3 days ago and only missing LFH and the extra fun items mentioned above <3

These rings should drop with correct stats again now after the suffix change, I don't think they will fix the already existing 2/2 rings in your inventory though

@Mocha Why do you believe you should get 5% dodge? 2% is correct, once upon a time dodge and defense completely scaled with level, they fixed that and it now scales up to a minimum level (maybe like level 30~ something) I can't remember the exact number.

It was totally busted at one point in TBC, so they fixed it then, they indeed kept that fix going into TBCC : ) Good thing too, I've already crossed 100% dodge with buffs once and that is with the fixed scaling!

Users who are viewing this thread