Math Behind Enchants

Zappateers

Grandfathered
Has anyone done the math between 4 pvp power vs 3 agil + 7 armour on cloak and 2 agility vs 3 attack power on bracers?

I am pretty torn between these on my feral.

Side note is it true the +1 all stats enchant is bugged and gives +2?

3 AP > 2 agi. 1 agi = 1 ap, and theres little else agility adds that would be worth the extra ap.

Haven't looked into the stats bracers enchant. Since its @Tonkks saying it, I'd be inclined to believe it. That would be another option - though debatable whether you would prefer 3AP over 2agi/2stam. Both are viable.

Give me a min to find my numbers for pvp power in another thread...
[doublepost=1532628890,1532628593][/doublepost]
A straight up 2.7% damage boost is gonna be hard to beat. If we use the rough numbers of 1 agi = 2.5 verse, and each verse adds .25% damage, then the 3 agi * 2.5 * .25% = ~1.9%. To check that from the tooltips...3 agi changes SS for me 108->110 (1.85%). For 5pt dispatch, its 430->435 (1.16%). Pistol is 85->87 (2.35%). Some of that is due to rounding and how each skill uses weapon damage vs AP...but it seems fairly in line.

See quote. Basically in terms of damage, pvp is about 2.7%. Some very basic tooltip math puts the 3 agi at just under 2%. Note that tooltip math is very unconclusive, so someone with two cloaks and a willing opponent in arena or wpvp (since pvp power only applies to pvp interactions, no target dummies) could get a lot better numbers.

For now, neither is a bad option, so its more preference until someone can really do some testing.

2% move speed and some secondary stat vs 4 pvp power what do you guys think?

2% move speed and some secondary stat vs 4 pvp power what do you guys think?

Depends on class and their movement options. Combat rogues with their ranged slow are probably never gonna use the 2% movespeed. Assassination rogues without a slow may want to keep the movespeed, or really go full damage and hope to kill someone so quick it doesn't matter. Warriors without a slow are very easy to kite...could go with movespeed to avoid being simply walked away from. Or go pvp power to hope to kill the target before you get conc shotted.

If you skip the movespeed to cloak, you can also get 2 primary stats from switching away from minor speed. So for rogues, you're gaining 2 agility from boots too.

Healers I'd say get the movespeed and verse. Druids its up in the air since they have 150% travel form without the cloak and 152% with it - but the verse is nice.

Depends on class and their movement options. Combat rogues with their ranged slow are probably never gonna use the 2% movespeed. Assassination rogues without a slow may want to keep the movespeed, or really go full damage and hope to kill someone so quick it doesn't matter. Warriors without a slow are very easy to kite...could go with movespeed to avoid being simply walked away from. Or go pvp power to hope to kill the target before you get conc shotted.

If you skip the movespeed to cloak, you can also get 2 primary stats from switching away from minor speed. So for rogues, you're gaining 2 agility from boots too.

Healers I'd say get the movespeed and verse. Druids its up in the air since they have 150% travel form without the cloak and 152% with it - but the verse is nice.

The cata boot enchants are already 10% and same primary stats so you dont need the 8% + 2%.

The cata boot enchants are already 10% and same primary stats so you dont need the 8% + 2%.

All of the "hybrid" movespeed options give 10% and 2 stats (despite the 8% tooltip). However, they do NOT stack with the cloak enchant. Druids especially have a weird interaction give their forms (I imagine ghost wolf would be weird too). If you want the full 12%, you need both Minor Speed and Gift.

Druid with boar speed + gift of X:
Caster/Bear - 100 + 10 = 110
Cat = 130 + 2 = 132
Travel = 140 + 2 = 142

Druid with minor speed + gift of X:
Caster/Bear - 100 + 12 = 112
Cat = 130 + 12 = 142
Travel = 140 + 12 = 152

4 pvp power is clearly better
Even if agility gave more than 2.72% dmg boost, agility doesnt affect procs
Procs are much more important now, so flat % boosts will always be better than primary stats

So it is my understanding that cloak enchant and boot enchant do not stack. I use a character stats addon, and tried it with minor speed+ cloak enchant and 2agi/Minor speed + cloak enchant. 110% either way. This suggests 2 agi+speed is the best boot enchant.

As far as cloak enchants go- shadow armor appears to be the best to me. Not only do you get some agility, but it adds armor as well. My rogue has 66 armor, which adds a large damage reduction of like 23%... the only other cloak enchant that could possibly contend is pvp power- but I am unsure on how effective it is. We would need someone with two cloaks to do some testing to find out.

So it is my understanding that cloak enchant and boot enchant do not stack. I use a character stats addon, and tried it with minor speed+ cloak enchant and 2agi/Minor speed + cloak enchant. 110% either way. This suggests 2 agi+speed is the best boot enchant.

Gift + Minor Speed = 112%
1WNsRc2.png

I'd still say a speed+2agi boot enchant and pvp power/shadow armor on cloak is best. But Minor Speed does stack.

Gift + Minor Speed = 112%
1WNsRc2.png

I'd still say a speed+2agi boot enchant and pvp power/shadow armor on cloak is best. But Minor Speed does stack.

Very interesting. Historically, my opinion is that speed is always #1- but in this case, that small speed increase for 7 armor and 5 agility... may not be worth it

Very interesting. Historically, my opinion is that speed is always #1- but in this case, that small speed increase for 7 armor and 5 agility... may not be worth it

I'd say for combat, you can probably pretty safely pass on it due to the ranged slow. Other classes its iffy.

As far as I can tell minor speed alone gives more than the specialty movement speed boots

Are you using dejacharstats to actually see your movespeed?

The specialty movespeed enchants say 8%, but still give the same 10% as minor speed.

i always use Monkey speed, a simple tiny lil bar always telling me how fast i'm going
, fun to see the speed of disengage or glider or swift pot or raft and much more.

Users who are viewing this thread