Master Hunter's Rifle vs Steelarrow Crossbow

Hello I can see everybody proposing MHR as BIS for hunter but from what I have seen The steelarrow xbow hits harder. Which one is better?

There's no mathematical way that Steelarrow even comes close unless there's a bug in the damage. The top-end difference is actually over 20 higher with over a second faster on the shot.

It's not even close.

Attachments

• 29Hunt.png
    29Hunt.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 346
It's not a bug, I think its about weapon speed. I tested it right now on my 57 hunter. I used the Steelarrow xbow versus a Siege Bow which is level 53 with 48-90 damage and 2.8 weapon speed and with Steelarrow I had 292-309 damage whereas with Siege Bow 263-307 damage. I even remember that when I upgraded Steelarrow with Verdant Keeper's Aim the low damage was higher! Ofc it has less DPS due to weapon speed but but in terms of Burst damage and high aimed shot I am 100% positive that no other weapon beats it on this level range.

It's not a bug, I think its about weapon speed. I tested it right now on my 57 hunter. I used the Steelarrow xbow versus a Siege Bow which is level 53 with 48-90 damage and 2.8 weapon speed and with Steelarrow I had 292-309 damage whereas with Siege Bow 263-307 damage. I even remember that when I upgraded Steelarrow with Verdant Keeper's Aim the low damage was higher! Ofc it has less DPS due to weapon speed but but in terms of Burst damage and high aimed shot I am 100% positive that no other weapon beats it on this level range.
It's because you're testing it on a 57 hunter.

Are you naked? because if not, your higher agility / attack power at 57 is fucking with your numbers. Slow weapons scale better off of ap.

Test it with the amount of agility / attack power you 'should' have at 29. You'll get more accurate numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread