Making my first 20

Discussion in 'Level 20-29' started by Zirano, Mar 14, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Zirano

Zirano Cry is free.

Yo
    I've been playing in this bracket from cata to now and I've never really made a true lvl 20. But with all the recent news we've had the last few days I'm now considering making one and then canceling my sub. So I have a few questions, that I hope I can get some help with :)

What classes are good / fun to play at 20? I was looking to make a 2h survival hunter, are they playable at 20?

When I let my sub run out, should my xp be on or off?

Anything else I should consider when making a 20?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Warglave

Warglave Member

Definitely on.

3. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

I'm joining you, my dude! I feel like an idiot because I missed the bfa revival being too focused on 120 pvp and also being a dad(not bad things at all, i just overlooked the twinking scene) and I just dinged 69 on my mage, and 29 shadow priest when the shit dropped yesterday. I canceled my sub, and I am totally excited to play at 20, I'm not going the f2p route, but I am planning on getting some epic weapons on a rogue and warrior, maybe a hunter, and just having some fun while waiting for the end game content to maybe not suck, or my arena partners to resub. Either way it will be a great time, and I'm looking forward to seeing many of you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fat Al

Fat Al Member

If you don't mind playing a healer, all the healing specs are viable for 20s.

5. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

Is 20 the same thing where people gear as much versatility as possible? Or you really go with what you can get?

6. Fat Al

Fat Al Member

Majority do. Although Haste stacking casters or plate users is also a good choice.

7. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

Awesome, man! Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    Zirano

Zirano Cry is free.

I was really keen to play 2handed survival hunter, are they any good at all? Dx

9. Mol

Mol Master Chief

Hey guys @Cattywompus @Zirano

This thread might be useful for you:

https://xpoff.com/threads/veteran-quick-start-gearing-guide-bfa.82655/

There you go, credits to Ohti.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 14, 2019 ---
    Yes they are good. Nearly any class / spec is useful as a Veteran Account - as Pure F2P not that many...best bet there are healers.

10. Kórnikus20

Kórnikus20 Coordinator F2P Coordinator

Bro, I recommend you to ask this in our international lvl20 discord -> https://discord.gg/e4Ukrj6

It's better a chat for this, because there are right now tons of threads

11. raziel83

raziel83 Veteran

I'm doing the same. Sub expires in 8 days, I'm currently doing all quests on my 20 mage. Only 1 epic upgrade so far :< Got 300 eng & 300 alchem. Stocked up on drums & saltwaters. Will turn exp on just before sub expires.

Does anyone know if you can do faction xfers on lvl 20's once your sub has expired? I want to complete all the horde quests for more epic pieces then xfer back to ally.

12. Warglave

Warglave Member

Realistically, a new 20 would be even worse (better) to cheese the system - just pick a quest and reroll until epic.

My guess would be that blizz does something to mitigate that, if they haven't.

Also would assume that at some point allied races will NOT be eligible to enter xpon games as a vet, if not all races.

13. icehawk

icehawk The Beast Within

Well, this is a good thing as having more Vets will keep the bracket alive.
    Don’t forget to get all big bags in the bank and void storage, the Vet life can accumulate a lot of goods without the luxury of a GV.
    Also, get connected in a Guild so u have access to Guild Chat.
    Good luck and looking forward to seeing more Vets out in the Gulch ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chops

Chops Veteran

All you goons rerolling vet so you can farm levelers are gonna end up making blizzard say “you gotta have game time to pvp”.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Warglave

Warglave Member

Are they that strong? I just figured they were doing it to get games and don't want to be fully gimped.

edit- I mean... levelers should have enchants too. At least on BoA. That with ilvl as they level should even out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chops

Chops Veteran

Vet can be pretty godly. Could pretty easily go toe to toe with a 29 because the only difference in instanced pvp is access to abilities. Like, vet warrior doesn’t have pummel or leap but the damage output is the same.

Y’all should all just go f2p. It’s plenty strong and games really are more fun when some raid boss isn’t running around. BGs were downright pleasant last night because nobody was getting stressed and pissed that they were getting gy farmed and they could actually play. Yea, f2p twinks we’re winning the fights but there were actual FIGHTS and not just twinks trading one shots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JadeFire

JadeFire Member

Can we get one thread necroed or going that completely explains F2P or 20 unsub... since it is the ONLY thing you can do now, seems like a complete guide with out having to grind though 80000000 posts would be the best.

18. Chops

Chops Veteran

If people literally spent 2 minutes looking at the forums before posting, we wouldn't need one

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Kórnikus20

Kórnikus20 Coordinator F2P Coordinator

• Like Like x 1
  20. JadeFire

JadeFire Member

Yada Yada, standard forum pro talk... should be stickied is all I'm saying, seeing as how ALL other topics are now irrelevant.... for any other bracket except this one.