Mage and rogue

Cattywompus

Veteran
Good morning, all!

I am considering making a mage and rogue for the 60-69 bracket. I'm leaning towards 69z but just a few questions for you guys.

How are the que times?

Bis gear seems to just be scaled dungeon gear and quest items?

Are arenas active?

Q times are 5-10 min average, depends which side is winning. The alliance community is a bit bigger but there are horde groups Qing most nights. Arenas are hit and miss, 5 min Qs usually.

Mage is dominate as fire or arcane. Both specs are so good. Rogue in the right hands is nasty as sub but may be a little more saltwater reliant than other specs, like mage.

I've been in plenty of games where I was 2 shot by arcane before I realized what happened

Almost every slot is going to be dungeon gear with the most sockets. A few items are socketed quest rewards or crafted. Mostly dungeons

Q times are 5-10 min average, depends which side is winning. The alliance community is a bit bigger but there are horde groups Qing most nights. Arenas are hit and miss, 5 min Qs usually.

Mage is dominate as fire or arcane. Both specs are so good. Rogue in the right hands is nasty as sub but may be a little more saltwater reliant than other specs, like mage.

I've been in plenty of games where I was 2 shot by arcane before I realized what happened

Almost every slot is going to be dungeon gear with the most sockets. A few items are socketed quest rewards or crafted. Mostly dungeons
Is frost decent? I'm sure assassination might be gimp due to the lack of mastery at that point. Arcane can be fun, but it gets old quick even at 120! I think I'm going to give it a shot! I already have a mage at 66, and I love the transmog and other items I have available to make him feel unique for me! Thank you!

Strongly disagree with that mages and outlaw rogues need saltwater. I have both a 60 arcane and 60 outlaw, and both perform well and keep up with 69 twinks without saltwater. You just have to know how to gear according to your spec.

Good morning, all!

I am considering making a mage and rogue for the 60-69 bracket. I'm leaning towards 69z but just a few questions for you guys.

How are the que times?

Bis gear seems to just be scaled dungeon gear and quest items?

Are arenas active?

If your trying to melt faces and honestly have no fun doing so, pick arcane mage. If you want a fun but OP play style, go fire.

If you are looking for an all around skill based twink, try out sub or outlaw. With how high the dmg is in bracket and how low the health pools are in relation to that, it will really test your rogue skills on correct CC, interupts, and placement.

Strongly disagree with that mages and outlaw rogues need saltwater. I have both a 60 arcane and 60 outlaw, and both perform well and keep up with 69 twinks without saltwater. You just have to know how to gear according to your spec.

If your trying to melt faces and honestly have no fun doing so, pick arcane mage. If you want a fun but OP play style, go fire.

If you are looking for an all around skill based twink, try out sub or outlaw. With how high the dmg is in bracket and how low the health pools are in relation to that, it will really test your rogue skills on correct CC, interupts, and placement.
Sweet! I mained rogue for 14 years now, high end arenas and all, I'm fairly skilled at that class. Mage I'm a little bit more rough, but I'll learn it quick. I'm definitely going to test the waters with mage first since I am so close to hitting 69 anyway, but if it is fun for me I will pursue the rogue! Arcane can be fun, but the playstyle is definitely more stale and less reactive than fire and frost. Thank you for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread