Lyrical emcee appreciation

AlisterCrow

Grandfathered
This is a thread for people that appreciate intricate lyricism in hip-hop/rap. Post a video (or just audio) of what you believe to be a great rapper. Anything made within the last few years is preferable, but old-school emcees are welcome especially if you feel that they're underrated/ don't get the credit or attention they deserve. Hopefully we can all discover something we haven't heard before here and compile a small database of excellent lyricists.

I'll start with last year's collaboration from Gift of Gab, A.F.R.O, and R.A The Rugged Man (all three are amazing on their own)

What is the difference between hip-hop and rap?

Rap encompasses the art of speaking dialect in a rhythmic and rhyming scheme, whereas hip-hop covers a broad area including rapping, graffiti, dj’ing, etc etc. So a dj is part of hip-hop but not a part of rap, unless they verbal create rhymes and delivery themselves. My opinion I guess but someone can feel free to answer. Rap is basically one sub-group in hip hop, just as North America is one subgroup in the Earth.

Some of my favorites:

1. MF Doom

2. Blackalicious

3. Aesop Rock

4. Childish Gambino
People who are on my list, but will be on EVERY person's top emcee lists:
1. Andre 3000 (Probably the actual GOAT)
2. Rakim
3. GZA
4. Kendrick Lamar​

Last edited:
This is the best rapper I know. You probably won’t understand, but trust me when I say that he is the best.

interesting thread idea

I was nodding my head to american rap or hip hop before i could speak the language.

this guy deserves more views

My favorite up and comers right now....except for crooked he's a vet. Anonymuz stays on my daily playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread