70-79 LvL 70 Rogue guide by Razzerz [MoP]

Razzerz

loco 'till the lights out
MOST OF THIS GUIDE IS NOW OUT OF DATE, THE GEAR IS THE SAME HOWEVER THE ENCHANTS AND GEMS MAY VARY, WILL UPDATE ONCE WOD IS LAUNCHED.

Level 70 Rogue Guide.

Hello all I have decided to make this guide in my spare time, it will not be complete right away I am going to work on it when I can be bothered and when I have time.

Contents
1. Introduction
2. Gear
3. Talents Spec's and Glyphs
4. Macro's

Introduction:
Hello, some of you may know me already, but for those who don't I am a Rogue who has been in the level 70 Bracket since Wrath, I have been everywhere from Counterbalance to Iddqd to Born to Survive, and even RNG Gaming, I am well know in this bracket and I have had a lot of experience with the rogue class and that is why I have chosen to make this guide,

I would like to start off by saying you may have other choices and different variations of talents you like to use, and that is totally fine all this is is a guide to help you a long it may not be perfect and you do not have to copy it letter to talent to gem to glyph to every single piece of gear, well that would be impossible unless you have every piece of Gf'd gear anyway :)

Gear:
The first part of this guide will be about Gear choices in this part of the guide I will go through several sets of gear, from a GF'd set to a set you can get the day you ding lvl 70 providing you have luck money honor and possibly justice points on your side.

The first set of gear I am going to talk about is the fully BiS Agility Grandfathered PvE set, that I myself use for PvP however I would not advise this, but it is totally your choice.

Relentless Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft is bugged on Char-dev and Wowhead it really only requires 2 red gems (no yellow needed)

These Incude GF'd Enchants

With patch 5.4, Wotlk enchants and gems will be as good as they use to be inside of BGs however outside of BGs, if you wanted the optimal BiS experience you would need 2 sets of gear, 1 with the BiS wotlk Gems and chants and another with tbc gems and chants

chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA [HUMAN]

chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA [NON-HUMAN]

All the next Chardevs will be without GF'd items all items will be available, I will also leave out the GF'd enchants.

The second set of gear is going to be a standard and the most popular pvp set.

chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA [HUMAN]

chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA [NON-HUMAN]

Talent's and Glyphs

In this section of the guide I will talk about the talents and glyphs you will be wanting to take for each spec.

Assassination:
For Assassination you are going to want to take
R2VeRkW.png

I suggest these talents for Arena, Subterfuge and Shadow focus are personal choice I suggest Subterfuge as it can provide you with a very powerful opener with double Mutilate or a garrote + a mutilate before you even leave stealth.

I would recommend using Nerve Strike Vs caster's and switching to combat readiness if you are playing against a Melee heavy team.

Elusiveness is a better talent than cheat death if you can use it correctly, and if you are going to use Elusiveness you are going to need to play with some resi if you play with PvE gear use Cheat Death.

Shadowstep for obvious reasons, Cloak and Dagger is terrible, Burst of speed is good but doesn't compete with Shadow stepping your own Partner or focus shadowstep's.

The other 2 sets of talents are locked at this Level.

Glyphs for this spec:
The Glyphs that you should use are as follows.
zdpxa2t.png

Blind for quick switches you're going to need to have this glyph as with this spec you it is optimal to keep rupture up on your target.

Garrote as no other Glyphs can compete with this unless you are playing against a team which is 100% melee for example double warrior double rogue then you should switch to cheap shot.

Take Poisons and Decoy for minor Glyphs.

Subtlety:
For Sub you should take these talents.
50XafPi.png

I think these talents are optimal for Sub as shadow focus is nerfed now and is not too good anymore, subterfuge is really powerful for openers.

Deadly throw is a very strong talent to dump combo points, on before a Switch and it can actually do quite a lot of damage as well as lock out a school on cast,

Cheat Death is better than Elusiveness as sub because you don't have much spare energy to try and keep feint up.

Shadowstep for the same reason as assasination.

Shadowstep for obvious reasons, Cloak and Dagger is terrible, Burst of speed is good but doesn't compete with Shadow stepping your own Partner or focus shadowstep's.

Glyphs for this spec:
zdpxa2t.png

Blind for quick switches you're going to need to have this glyph as with this spec you it is optimal to keep rupture up on your target.

Garrote as no other Glyphs can compete with this unless you are playing against a team which is 100% melee for example double warrior double rogue then you should switch to cheap shot.

Combat:
The least popular and the least played spec of the 3 Rogue spec's due to it not having killing spree available this spec is not viable but I will list talents and glyph choices for it anyway.

For Combat you should take these talents
fSMsEyf.png

the reason I have chosen nightstalker as the talent of choice in the first tier is that combat is all about doing as much damage as you can in a short amount of time and tunneling a target until it dies, with nightstalker you can open with ambush doing 25% more damage than normal.

Combat Readiness so you can tank more damage while you're tunneling someone, which makes you able to have more uptime taking less damage once it stacks.

Cheat Death for them Wtf moments as combat is very squishy and you need to go pve gear heavy to do a lot of damage you also will never have enough energy to keep Elusiveness up.

Burst of Speed, Combat being the spec in which you always want to be on a target tunneling them to the ground I suggest Burst of Speed this is such a strong talent as it even breaks snares and gives you an insane movement speed increase.

Glyphs for this spec:
zdpxa2t.png

Blind for quick switches you're going to need to have this glyph as with this spec you should be using deadly poison.

Updated talents and glyphs still need to correct some stuff with this section, might start work on Macro's later tonight.

Macro's

Arena targeting.

Arena 1

Code:
/target Arena1

Arena 2

Code:
/target Arena2

Arena 3

Code:
/target Arena3

Arena 1 - 3 Focus

Focus 1

Code:
/focus arena1

Focus 2

Code:
/focus arena2

Focus 3

Code:
/focus arena3

Blind

Focus

Code:
#showtooltip Blind
/cast [target=focus] Blind

Arena 1 - 3 Blind

Code:
#showtooltip Blind
/cast [@arena1] Blind

Code:
#showtooltip Blind
/cast [@arena2] Blind

Code:
#showtooltip Blind
/cast [@arena3] Blind

Sap

SS Sap (hit this twice)

Code:
#showtooltip Shadowstep
/cast [target=focus] Shadowstep
/cast [target=focus] Sap

Auto Sap nearest target / stealth finder

Code:
#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemy 
/cast Sap
Focus Sap

Code:
#showtooltip Sap
/cast [target=focus] Sap
Sap 1 - 3

Code:
#showtooltip Sap
/cast [@arena1] Sap

Code:
#showtooltip Sap
/cast [@arena2] Sap

Code:
#showtooltip Sap
/cast [@arena3] Sap

Gouge

Focus

Code:
#showtooltip Gouge
/cast [target=focus] Gouge

1 - 3 Gouge

Code:
#showtooltip Gouge
/cast [target=arena1] Gouge

Code:
#showtooltip Gouge
/cast [target=arena2] Gouge

Code:
#showtooltip Gouge
/cast [target=arena3] Gouge
SS Gouge

Code:
#showtooltip Shadowstep
/cast [target=focus] Gouge

Kick

Focus

Code:
#showtooltip Kick
/cast [target=focus] Kick

1 - 3 Kick

Code:
#showtooltip Kick
/cast [target=arena1] Kick

Code:
#showtooltip Kick
/cast [target=arena2] Kick

Code:
#showtooltip Kick
/cast [target=arena3] Kick

SS Kick (you have to hit this twice.

Code:
#showtooltip Shadowstep
/cast [target=focus] Kick

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too tired to go into detail, but overall nice chardevs for the pve sets, though I'd take hard khorium over bloodstone, and even with GFd bm trinket I don't believe it's worth using.
The second set of chardevs you posted are nice for a max agi setup while maintaining 4p brutal, however hugely lacking in expertise.

Honestly better off making a list of all 'potentially' BiS pieces, it is largely based off player preference and situation, there is no true "BiS" for a 70 rogue, period.

Looking forward to the other sections however :)

Edit - Boot enchant should be +16 Agi, all rogues have Fleet Footed now which does not stack with the movement speed increase.

I'm too tired to go into detail, but overall nice chardevs for the pve sets, though I'd take hard khorium over bloodstone, and even with GFd bm trinket I don't believe it's worth using.
The second set of chardevs you posted are nice for a max agi setup while maintaining 4p brutal, however hugely lacking in expertise.

Honestly better off making a list of all 'potentially' BiS pieces, it is largely based off player preference and situation, there is no true "BiS" for a 70 rogue, period.

Looking forward to the other sections however :)

Edit - Boot enchant should be +16 Agi, all rogues have Fleet Footed now which does not stack with the movement speed increase.
I will fix the chardevs later on when I go over the guide again

Guide author in exchange for promise to update chardevs. :D Grats!

I would suggest changing the blue color in the beginning since it hurts my eyes.
Also, instead of having 3 boxes for everything, such as /focus [@arena1] new box [@arena2] etc, merge those boxes into one, to give it a simper less confusing look. :)

thanks for the feedback Oliks it is not complete yet im going to tidy it all up when im finished which will be in the next 2 days, also I will change the colors :)

Will do some more work tomorrow, and finish it off and add the addons section to the guide, if anyone has any suggestions for other things to add just post it here or pm me.

Hey Razzerz,

I started on my 70 rogue after a huge break, look like alot have changed.. I got 2 question for you about my rogue :)..

1. What will be BiS Trinkets? which I still can optain, as I got no old school trinkets sadly.. I will run in full pve, also in pvp..
2. What about proffs? I got engi with tazik&springs, and then Im maxed JC.. which was the best back in the days, but now LW & Inscrib look very good? What u say?

I am sub rogue, running with both glaives, and as I said full pve :)..

Hope you can help me out mate.

Hey Razzerz,

I started on my 70 rogue after a huge break, look like alot have changed.. I got 2 question for you about my rogue :)..

1. What will be BiS Trinkets? which I still can optain, as I got no old school trinkets sadly.. I will run in full pve, also in pvp..
2. What about proffs? I got engi with tazik&springs, and then Im maxed JC.. which was the best back in the days, but now LW & Inscrib look very good? What u say?

I am sub rogue, running with both glaives, and as I said full pve :)..

Hope you can help me out mate.
Hey, BiS trinkets vary now days due to the scaling changing when inside of BGs and they change again when you are not inside of BGs, I still think Sonic Booster and a PvP Trinket is BiS, unless you are human then Sonic Booster + Battlemasters is a good option or maybe the expertise sunwell trinket, it is upto you if you want the expertise or not, double sonic booster is also an option.

Professions : For Professions Engineering is still the best one, even with it nerfed synapse is still by far the best tinker, rocket is also quite strong though, Jewelcrafting is really depending on what you gem, as the Wotlk gems will not scale down in BGs but out side of BGs they will so the TBC Jc gems from the consortium rep will be the best, if you have anymore questions don't hessitate to ask me.

Hey, BiS trinkets vary now days due to the scaling changing when inside of BGs and they change again when you are not inside of BGs, I still think Sonic Booster and a PvP Trinket is BiS, unless you are human then Sonic Booster + Battlemasters is a good option or maybe the expertise sunwell trinket, it is upto you if you want the expertise or not, double sonic booster is also an option.

Professions : For Professions Engineering is still the best one, even with it nerfed synapse is still by far the best tinker, rocket is also quite strong though, Jewelcrafting is really depending on what you gem, as the Wotlk gems will not scale down in BGs but out side of BGs they will so the TBC Jc gems from the consortium rep will be the best, if you have anymore questions don't hessitate to ask me.

Hey,

Thanks for alot for your answers!
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Jorgén/advanced - This my char so far, as you can see its new not fully geared yet, but tier shoulders & eternal ring on the way.. and then i got 2 glaives, just need to figure out bis enchants 2x Dancing Steel? I dno yet.

What I mainly will be doing is just to camp SW/GS, and a few bgs sometimes.. I wont be doing arena at all, but lets say I gear up for bgs.. What gems to use then?

I think I will use 1 Sonic, but not tho sure about the second.. I am human.. I got the battlemaster & Dragonspine Trophy.. I only want to farm that SWP trinket if you really recommend it..

.. Thanks for your time once again

Hey,

Thanks for alot for your answers!
Jorgén @ Bronze Dragonflight - Community - World of Warcraft - This my char so far, as you can see its new not fully geared yet, but tier shoulders & eternal ring on the way.. and then i got 2 glaives, just need to figure out bis enchants 2x Dancing Steel? I dno yet.

What I mainly will be doing is just to camp SW/GS, and a few bgs sometimes.. I wont be doing arena at all, but lets say I gear up for bgs.. What gems to use then?

I think I will use 1 Sonic, but not tho sure about the second.. I am human.. I got the battlemaster & Dragonspine Trophy.. I only want to farm that SWP trinket if you really recommend it..

.. Thanks for time once again
Hey, if you are not going to be doing arena at all you may aswell just go for the full wotlk gems and enchants with dancing steel on weapons, I'm not to sure i didn't theory craft much but i think dancing steel is better, ye the second sonic booster is optional just go for the battlemaster.

Users who are viewing this thread