Lvl 60 Prot Warrior

I checked and there is diminishing returns on armor. At 268 total Armor I get 26.40% Physical Damage Reduction which is quite more than the gain in my other post. I also checked Versatility and it had no diminishing returns, just like Haste and Critical Strike. I feel like if Warrior had constant self-healing Versatility would be the best stat, but right now I don't think it beats Strength.

Armor might have DR however it’s not like you can stack it other than maybe a Cloak enchant and dungeon 0.5 set bonus. So it comes down to, is the 9-10% armor worth swapping out 2 gems. Imo, take the 2 set bonus.

Armor might have DR however it’s not like you can stack it other than maybe a Cloak enchant and dungeon 0.5 set bonus. So it comes down to, is the 9-10% armor worth swapping out 2 gems. Imo, take the 2 set bonus.

I totally agree. I think, if you really wanna min-max, that on boss encounters/single-target encounters it might be more worth it to go for the sockets for more Strength. But on multiple targets it is absolutely worth it with the extra armor (unless they are casters of course).
It's always a good idea to have multiple gear setups and switch between them when necessary.

there's huge diminishing returns on armour, on my mage if i equip magister's 2 piece i go from like 6% reduc to 40%, then if i spec to that talent that DOUBLES armour when ice barrier is up, with ice barrier i have like 42% dmg reduction lol. Doubt it's as sudden a change for plate/tank specs though. still definitely worth picking up the 2 peice bonus

also fire opal of boar/bear/strength/spirit worth picking up if you can bear the grind. would recommend boar for str/vers but it's hard to be picky unless u got unlimited time on ur hands

Does a level 60 version exist?

All I see on the auction house are the normal level 54 ones and several 58's. Surely by now a level 60 version would pop up...

No, skullflame doesn’t drop a level 60 version

Users who are viewing this thread