EU lvl 20-29 BGs only populated for a few Hours during Weekdays

sw0495

Veteran
I recently started to play WoW f2p Starter Edition on the European Servers and fell in love with the Random Battlegrounds level 20-29.
They were really crowded for the past few days even on Monday afternoon and late night past midnight. It only took me a few minutes to find a match.

But today (Tuesday) I could only find a match from around 5 pm to 9 pm cet.

Are they only populated for a few Hours on Weekdays? Or am I bugged?!

It’s probably because of the current expansion has a lot of the player base at end game right now or how there’s some people queuing for the epic battlegrounds rather than those rather small bgs.

Not to mention that both Saturday and Sunday is usually the weekend off for most people.

Probably will return back to faster ques once the patch cycle and/or expansion ends.

Usually, there are not enough people during the week to make appear epic random battlegrounds.

But during the weekend, more people stay at home and become thus available in the game. This, more the advertising made to promote the epic battlegrounds, helps a lot.

Most previous answers are on US servers
I am on EU horde side and can confirm the same behaviour, as I usually play during the day on weekdays and am always queed, its basically dead.
never seen an epic bg pop
only seen normal random bgs pop a few times, usually closer to the evening.
every time it was a russian twink guild that owned us bad, one time the match ended without a single kill from our team.

Epics only pop when there is a coordinated effort. After like 10-11 on weekdays the queues get slower but still pops atleast on horde.

to see if there is any difference, I was queued to 10-19 the whole day.
no difference.
it shows me average wait time of 12 minutes, but nothing popped for hours and hours.
either there are 2 full premades playing nonstop against each other, the avg wait time is just bugged or nonpaying customers have to wait extra long :-|

EU just has less twinks I think
NA has slower times as they did in legion rn aswell though but thats just cus new xpac

if you really hate it you could also make a f2p on NA and try that out, its not a bad idea to have a char in both regions

although epics never pop in NA at least when im qing

Update: It was only that night that BGs ended really early. I could get matches at later hours for the rest of the week.

@ Chainsov: Interesting. I had Matches/Games on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. But Im cueing my Priest as DD & Healer. Preferable Healer. Im not talking Epic. Just the 3 Random BGs ( Warsong, Arathis & Eye of the Storm )

On Tuesday I left some matches early. Maybe Deserter dishonor piles up in their algorythm?!

Yea and the Russian premade(s). I made myself an Alliance char as I got sick of them. But guess what, they also got Horde chars and you're getting stomped just as well on the Alliance side!

Users who are viewing this thread