Lv 70 Rsham

4/10.

Lots to do yet:

Sort and complete gems.
Max profs and drop Skinning, get JC along with Engi, or possibly BS for the two sockets.
Zero Spell Penetration (get at least 35 on cloak for now).
Sort Leg Armor.
Sort SSO head enchant.
Brutal neck is better.

etc, etc...

This guide may help you a little: Bwappo's 70-74 Restoration Shaman Guide

Last edited by a moderator:
8/10. Mr. Doobry covered a lot of good points, and while we don't agree about the end rating, we certainly do agree about what to polish. You could walk in to any battlefield or arena and do fine how you are now (that's the nature of the 70-74 bracket); let's fix one glaring omission and do some detail work on the gear.

Spell penetration is a big deal for resto shamans, even though they don't do a lot of damage. Your purges clear off priest bubbles, HoTs, and a bunch of other stuff. Shoot for no less than 70 spell penetration, starting with the cloak enchant. Likewise, make sure you're spell hit capped as resto. For Horde, that means 6% (since night elves bring an additional 2% to miss on top of your normal 4% miss). Elemental doesn't have to worry about that since you use the talent where spirit gives you hit rating. This will bring you to 9/10.

The last details come from Mr. Doobry's list: finish your engineering profession, drop skinning and choose either JC or BS, get your leg enchant, SSO head enchant, and switch to a guardian neckpiece. In total, this may land you another 3-4% of total stats, which will add that little bit of an edge to bring you to 10/10. But this isn't as important as getting your spell penetration and hit cap.

Have fun!

Whilst everyone is entitles to their opinion how the hell can that be anywhere near an 8/10 and eventually a 10/10 with those few changes.

The twink is half assed and barely half finished. The ONLY thing good to say about it is he has most of the actual base gear pieces completed. I can hardly think of ANY twinks on this site that would be 10/10 (basically saying perfect in EVERY sense). I also add to rating things like titles/vanity/uniqueness etc when "rating a twink".

Even completing all of the above it probably becomes an 8.5/10 maybe? Bwappo is VERY easy to please imo. ;)

Whilst everyone is entitles to their opinion how the hell can that be anywhere near an 8/10 and eventually a 10/10 with those few changes.

The twink is half assed and barely half finished. The ONLY thing good to say about it is he has most of the actual base gear pieces completed. I can hardly think of ANY twinks on this site that would be 10/10 (basically saying perfect in EVERY sense). I also add to rating things like titles/vanity/uniqueness etc when "rating a twink".

Even completing all of the above it probably becomes an 8.5/10 maybe? Bwappo is VERY easy to please imo. ;)

Half assed? Half finished? Our criteria clearly differ.

I rate solely on how effective a twink can be on the battlefield or in the arena. Titles, transmogs, and anything else are all good fun, but titles don't help teammates. His detail work will bring him maybe 3-4% more stats. Maybe. All he has left are the head enchant, the leg enchant, some regemming, and professions -- he's already better prepared than 90% of the players in the bracket, even with the critical omissions of spell penetration and hit rating. Talents and glyphs vary widely in this bracket, depending on healing style, arenas vs. battlegrounds, and so on. He didn't make any untenable choices.

So yes, that kind of setup makes it very easy to please me. :) He won't surpass a resto shaman with ht cap and spell penetration, but his setup will top most other players in the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread