Lucky Fishing Hat...worth it?

DoomedYonk

Grandfathered
Well now that there is scaling, Lucky Fishing Hat stays at 15 stamina due to its iLvL. As for Flying Tiger Goggles, they scale to 9 stamina and 9 crit. This is -6 stamina in comparison to LFH but +9 crit. I honestly am quite upset about this because getting the fishing lvl to get an LFH takes quite a bit of time, while I could easily get 100 engineering in 2 hours. I understand on tanks or selective classes that 6 stamina + is needed, but for most classes, the goggles are much more useful.

Agree? Let me know what you guys think

Still going to fish lfh on my toons for emergency fcing and swag.
The new goggles feel like a light version of skilpatch for horde and should be a must have for every dps, allthough it might be a bit complicated/time consuming if you have swiftness and stuff.

Also you can get lfh with level1 in fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also you can get lfh with level1 in fishing.

Yeah but it's so stressful because the chances are much lower, I'd rather have a comfortable fishing level to prevent myself from straining my eyes. The worst thing on a Sunday, spending 2 hours staring at my screen and ultimately not even catching the fish

Yeah but it's so stressful because the chances are much lower, I'd rather have a comfortable fishing level to prevent myself from straining my eyes. The worst thing on a Sunday, spending 2 hours staring at my screen and ultimately not even catching the fish

The chances are excectly the same nomatter fishing lvl. Fishing lvl use to matter but that was a long time ago.
Also, I feel like I should add, that to have engi goggles, you have to use up a prof slot for engineering, preventing you from making swiftness pots and other elixirs from alch+herbalism.

Aslong as you fish in pools fishing skill doesn't matter, only outside the pools. And no you do not have a lower chance based on your fishing skill unless you are fishing outside the pool but considering I have mentioned it like 4 times now to make you that you get that there is no follow up question to this answer there is only an "aha".

The chances are excectly the same nomatter fishing lvl. Fishing lvl use to matter but that was a long time ago.
Also, I feel like I should add, that to have engi goggles, you have to use up a prof slot for engineering, preventing you from making swiftness pots and other elixirs from alch+herbalism.

Oh damn I seriously did not know that, wow... well I wasted a shit bunch of time xD and yeah thats also true

Shield of the Stockades was superior compared to heirloom shield. Currently Weathered Observer's Shield is scaling better. Furthermore hit replaced by critical strike. So if you plan to make an alliance holy paladin or restoration shaman, you should choose the Rifle Commander's Eyepatch instead of the shield.

Unfortunately I created my paladin a year ago. Maybe one day we can obtain Mystical Coif of Elements in legal way. I am still thinking about to use Flying Tiger Goggles: +6 stamina is still HUGE.

This new scaling has really gotten under my skin..

I believe baddies with bad gear shouldn't be well geared in BG's

Well now that there is scaling, Lucky Fishing Hat stays at 15 stamina due to its iLvL. As for Flying Tiger Goggles, they scale to 9 stamina and 9 crit. This is -6 stamina in comparison to LFH but +9 crit. I honestly am quite upset about this because getting the fishing lvl to get an LFH takes quite a bit of time, while I could easily get 100 engineering in 2 hours. I understand on tanks or selective classes that 6 stamina + is needed, but for most classes, the goggles are much more useful.

Agree? Let me know what you guys think

The requirement to use the goggles is kinda lame. If I didn't need to keep engineering, I'd probably be using them.

WBFH scales to +10 stam +10 Spirit. Little effort to get and chance is daily. On top of that you don't need to have a permanent profession to use. That's only if you care more about the stamina over crit and LFH is taking too long to get.

The requirement to use the goggles is kinda lame. If I didn't need to keep engineering, I'd probably be using them.

WBFH scales to +10 stam +10 Spirit. Little effort to get and chance is daily. On top of that you don't need to have a permanent profession to use. That's only if you care more about the stamina over crit and LFH is taking too long to get.

Oh damn I was unaware of that scaling! Thank you for sharing!

For me, it's not the stamina but more comparing the other stats. You're not just losing stamina with goggles.

LFH gives you more stamina but not having engineering for goggles frees up your professions. This is something [MENTION=18521]Yeko[/MENTION] mentioned.

I really feel like this is the "best" way to gear your main toon. Alchemy offers you more health, more stats (agility, intellect or strength), and the possibility of swiftness potion (if you want it).

It comes at a cost though, farming herbs which can be annoying, time-consuming, and boring. If you don't have a lot of time or patience to farm herbs (or fish) I would go goggles. It's the best choice for those who can't fish on Sunday or be bothered to farm consumables. Otherwise, I think hat and elixirs offers more stats overall c:

I really like the hat look, so I'll want it on any toon I main anyhow.

Ally hunt with dat hat since 2011.
Deem i miss wing clip and raptor strike.
Multi shot bruh i loved seeing arrows fly in different directions in pvp. I always ran through them like an obstacle course ;)

Users who are viewing this thread