EU Love Is In The Air - Soloing Shadowfang Keep

FiveSpice

Legend
Here's an odd thing that you may want to try for shits & giggles, but no great reward that I've found. Discovered when soloing Shadowfang Keep on my Level 20 Twinks (Discipline Priest & Retribution Paladin as I need the heals to down the bosses) whilst also queuing for The Crown Chemical Co. (No doubt this happens if any dungeon or Battleground pops, but I didn't bother trying.)

If I start to solo the dungeon and The Crown Chemical Co. pops before I get to Baron Ashbury, on completion I am returned to the resurrection spot outside The Keep. Nothing unusual there.

If I go back inside The Keep to continue through it, on entering I am immediately taken to the Courtyard beyond Baron Ashbury, but with a locked door behind me. In the Courtyard are the three NPCs to kill for The Crown Chemical Co. as well as the usual mobs, including kill/lootable horses. So you get to talk to Apothecary Hummel (clear the mobs first) and start the quest solo HOWEVER sadly no drops at the end.

Once done, you can solo the whole of The Keep, bosses too, up to but not including Lord Godfrey who is not there. Chest are there as usual and blues seem to drop too (for instance on my last run through I got an iLevel 26 Black Malice).

Finally, to get back to Baron Ashbury who is now beyond a locked door, you have to backtrack until you can run over the rooftops & drop into the entrance courtyard.

Do an Instance Reset and the same thing happens.

So on balance seems not worth the bother - may save you some time & effort.

Users who are viewing this thread