EU+US Looking to twink DH

There is absolutly no reason to go 111.
It's either 110 or 119 but 119 are trash on IE.
if you are looking to mostly farm islands stay at 110 :)

There's plenty of reason to go 111, crafted gear, alchemy trinkets, gems scale better, same with enchants. Don't say there's no reason to go 111, many people go 111 and they prefer it over 110, it's a personal choice.

@op stick to 110 if you want, there's more viability in 110 vs 111 but it's your own choice, don't let people sway your decision.

111s have https://www.wowhead.com/item=152634/endless-tincture-of-renewed-combat which is ridiculously strong if you need survivability, and easy instant access to full 233 gear on which you can 'pick' your off stats.

Since 110s have slightly better scaling, and access to better gear anyways with mythic antorus, it's the best choice for most people, but there definetly are reasons to be 111s: wanting to setup a toon quickly and not caring about perfect gear, but most of all, access to that brokenly op tincture. And yeah BFA gems/enchants/consumables start scaling well at 111.

Crafted gear for 111 is 225 (233 if it procs) which is Heroic antorus (or slightly above). Antorus gear is just better and it can proc up to 265.
i really don't see a point in doing 111 just to wear 225 items while you can easly wear 240+ on 110. Same goes with Alchemy trinket which is really avarage.
Dunno how about gems/enchants tho but i really doubt they can negate that 1 level difference

i really don't see a point in doing 111

If the entire and sole purpose is islands then he wont be running legion content. Let alone mythics for months.

Bing bang boom, a few hours from creation to 111 and fully geared as you need to be to get it done. No RNG beyond the AH.

If the entire and sole purpose is islands then he wont be running legion content. Let alone mythics for months.

Bing bang boom, a few hours from creation to 111 and fully geared as you need to be to get it done. No RNG beyond the AH.
And yet somewhere here we have a thread about selling cloak with +12 main stat before nerf instead of +9... For few milion gold.
To me twinking is about minmaxing like that instead of beeing "ready" asap.
Also he will have to run Legion content just to get his leggos and relics anyway.
And let's be honest - 2 resets and he will be better geared than that 233 crap.

Do your own group or ask a 120 friend to at least start the group for you.
I am organizing my own groups every thursday (today was our 3rd run) with people from several discord channels and we always clear 11/11 on Mythic. I am 267ilv atm :p

I'll help with mythic ant. on US horde. 370 Paladin.

And yet somewhere here we have a thread about selling cloak with +12 main stat before nerf

And we have dozens (more?) that wouldnt give a nickel for it. Point is, there is a POINT to 111, if that's for you.

edit- you don't have to see it, its totally viable and efficient for the purpose stated. And easier. He could be done farming with a 111 before being 50% geared with a 110... if that's the situation. That's all.

I hope he twinks it to the gills and loves every second... but to just farm IE? 111 is fine.

Last edited:
And yet somewhere here we have a thread about selling cloak with +12 main stat before nerf instead of +9... For few milion gold.
To me twinking is about minmaxing like that instead of beeing "ready" asap.
Also he will have to run Legion content just to get his leggos and relics anyway.
And let's be honest - 2 resets and he will be better geared than that 233 crap.
And where is this post and who is posting it? Because no one is going to buy it but I've never seen that post on the 110-119 twink posts yet. If you're referring to maybe back in the day during 101 twinking, that was normal.

Indeed, im agreeing. And in that bracket theres a few fighting to buy it... but not everyone in the whole bracket.

For the rest, +9 is enough to get the job done. 111 will get some jobs done.

edit- for me, 111 doesn't work cuz I PvP and it's poor compared to 119... but 119 it terrible at IE farming so there's different facets for different levels. Different stroke for different folks. If I ONLY wanted to farm IE or maybe old raids 111 would be good for that job, a specific niche... and with how easy it is to get DH to 110 id just make two if I wanted to min-max, and be done farming with the first before min-maxing the second.

and on the topic of 119, timewalking dungeons are filling all non-azerite slots with 300-310 gear, no quest grinding required. Just a heads up to anyone in that niche...

Last edited:
Indeed, im agreeing. And in that bracket theres a few fighting to buy it... but not everyone in the whole bracket.

Ah yeah my apologies man, thought you were the other dude lmao. But yeah, he's entirely wrong though, that shit was posted back before BFA was released, way back in beta. People are still trying to sell theirs but one dude said he sold it for $800 which is funny because I don't give a fuck how rich your daddy is, no way in hell you're going to spend $800 for something like that. The guy was saying someone was wanting to sell one for a few mil but that was someone else saying it, I feel like he doesn't actually do 110-119 twinking.

edit- for me, 111 doesn't work cuz I PvP and it's poor compared to 119... but 119 it terrible at IE farming so there's different facets for different levels. Different stroke for different folks. If I ONLY wanted to farm IE or maybe old raids 111 would be good for that job, a specific niche... and with how easy it is to get DH to 110 id just make two if I wanted to min-max, and be done farming with the first before min-maxing the second.

and on the topic of 119, timewalking dungeons are filling all non-azerite slots with 300-310 gear, no quest grinding required. Just a heads up to anyone in that niche...
If you PvP far as BGs nowhere near as good as twinking at 110, still hate i took my hunter to 111. But i am fairly newer to twinking besides in MoP had a decent rofue twink and a lower level ww twink. Now 111 still strong but when you doing instance pvp, well they will not seem nowhere near as strong as a 110 twink in their bracket.

So like some say 119 maybe way to go if you are doing that. I have only 110 twinks and my 111 hunter twink was my first attempt before i properly researched but it is still fun in wpvp though. And i have seen some sweet 111 twinks i think both are viable but i think the difference is telling if you are attempting instance pvp.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Also, DH good class to twink i would argue one of the best to do it with. Plenty of them are around and would argue one of the more popular classes. Would be hard pressed to believe there aren't many in the Armory List thread.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

The guy was saying someone was wanting to sell one for a few mil but that was someone else saying it

Yeah... im the someone else selling it. Hence why I called me a bum. Finalizing a deal today, and was offered a few hundred real dollars but I don't want that kind of potential fallout, just gold and a happy outcome.

(edit- make that several hundred real dollars...)

And I do like 110 better than 119, but that was before I found out about timewalking dropping 300+ ilvl items for 119. Did the whole quest-reward-RNG slot machine once thru, only got up to 295 ilvl.....already higher ilvl on the next toon after 2 days of intermittent random TW queues. Ill give it another go this weekend and see how it feels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread