Looking to start a Vet 20. Need advice on steps

Robotomr

Grandfathered
Background
Hi, I played twinks quite a bit of 19s when the queues were merged. Now they are segregated I've been hearing that 20 F2P (Vet) is the way to go for fast queues so I'm looking to make a F2P Vet Rogue.

Steps I've done so far
- I've been farming epic BoEs but for lvl 19. 99% are the same stats as the lvl 20 versions (apart from the Pale Skinner which is 4.62 dps @ lvl 20 but only 4.42 @ lvl 19)
- BoE's I have (lvl 19 Epic): Pale Skinner, Slicer Blade, Feathered Headdress, Boulder Pads, Boarhide Leggings and Silvermoon Tunic of the Quickblade
- Enchants and armor kits are no problem as I can craft them all

What I need help with
Important question: I've read some guides on F2P Vet chars and I just want to double check my info before screwing something up.
To make a F2P Vet char, I need to do the following.
1. Sub
2. Get to lvl 20
3. Turn XP off
4. Gear + enchant + profession while I have sub
5. Turn XP on (yes or no?)
6. Unsub
I have read that F2P Vet chars do NOT bank XP like pure F2P accounts. So do I still have to turn XP back on or will it be fine to leave XP off?

Race: Which is the best for a Horde rogue?
I went on the 20-29 armory lists and counted the following:
Blood Elf = 4
Orc = 3
Undead = 1
Mag'har Orc = 1
Does it matter all that much? Should I pick a allied race for easy rerolls for epic quest items?

Rerolls (worth it or not?): Is rerolling characters for epic quest rewards worth it? I have to time and like to min/max. That being said, if the effort required outweighs the rewards by too much I would probably just level 1 char and /pray.

Quests to do: I've looked around a bit but couldn't find a comprihensive list of quests to do, if there even is such a thing. If there is then please leave some link or even just advice!

BiS: The only thing I can think of atm is Silvermoon Tunic VS Hard Crawler Carapace.
I bookmarked a few armorys and I've not seen anyone using the Silvermoon Tunic.

Yes you want to unlock your xp before you unsub.

You have most of this correct. Leather users can get quite a few farmable items so it's really up to you on the re-rolling thing.

I'd say blood elf is arguably the strongest. High base agility, AOE Purge and energy boost, 1% Crit chance & arcane damage reduction.
Really useful to take off clutch buffs like priest bubbles.

JWL put together a good list of available quest items that provide secondary stats https://xpoff.com/threads/quest-gear-depository-1-60.88692/
You can also easily search on wowhead.
To narrow results follow this:
upload_2019-6-19_9-27-17.png

upload_2019-6-19_9-28-20.png

Add more or less filters to get what you desire. But hopefully you get the idea.

Pandaren for extra interrupt and if your a vet glitch the knockback eng belt on for 3 total interupts.

I would highly recommend rerolling an allied race toon until you get a few epic desirable items, IE epic wep, epic serpentis etc. That way you can sell those pale skinners. In my opinion, pale skinners are really good for a character that someone didn't want to reroll, but it wouldn't be my first choice for weapon if I had the option to reroll to get an 8 agi epic etc!

Background
Hi, I played twinks quite a bit of 19s when the queues were merged. Now they are segregated I've been hearing that 20 F2P (Vet) is the way to go for fast queues so I'm looking to make a F2P Vet Rogue.

Steps I've done so far
- I've been farming epic BoEs but for lvl 19. 99% are the same stats as the lvl 20 versions (apart from the Pale Skinner which is 4.62 dps @ lvl 20 but only 4.42 @ lvl 19)
- BoE's I have (lvl 19 Epic): Pale Skinner, Slicer Blade, Feathered Headdress, Boulder Pads, Boarhide Leggings and Silvermoon Tunic of the Quickblade
- Enchants and armor kits are no problem as I can craft them all

What I need help with
Important question: I've read some guides on F2P Vet chars and I just want to double check my info before screwing something up.
To make a F2P Vet char, I need to do the following.
1. Sub
2. Get to lvl 20
3. Turn XP off
4. Gear + enchant + profession while I have sub
5. Turn XP on (yes or no?)
6. Unsub
I have read that F2P Vet chars do NOT bank XP like pure F2P accounts. So do I still have to turn XP back on or will it be fine to leave XP off?

Race: Which is the best for a Horde rogue?
I went on the 20-29 armory lists and counted the following:
Blood Elf = 4
Orc = 3
Undead = 1
Mag'har Orc = 1
Does it matter all that much? Should I pick a allied race for easy rerolls for epic quest items?

Rerolls (worth it or not?): Is rerolling characters for epic quest rewards worth it? I have to time and like to min/max. That being said, if the effort required outweighs the rewards by too much I would probably just level 1 char and /pray.

Quests to do: I've looked around a bit but couldn't find a comprihensive list of quests to do, if there even is such a thing. If there is then please leave some link or even just advice!

BiS: The only thing I can think of atm is Silvermoon Tunic VS Hard Crawler Carapace.
I bookmarked a few armorys and I've not seen anyone using the Silvermoon Tunic.

ur missing 1 very imporant part
pick a cool looking race
and make a totally rad mog bro
u will b staring at char screen a lot during the q

Yes you want to unlock your xp before you unsub.

You have most of this correct. Leather users can get quite a few farmable items so it's really up to you on the re-rolling thing.

I'd say blood elf is arguably the strongest. High base agility, AOE Purge and energy boost, 1% Crit chance & arcane damage reduction.
Really useful to take off clutch buffs like priest bubbles.

JWL put together a good list of available quest items that provide secondary stats https://xpoff.com/threads/quest-gear-depository-1-60.88692/
You can also easily search on wowhead.
To narrow results follow this:
View attachment 11864
View attachment 11865

Add more or less filters to get what you desire. But hopefully you get the idea.
Very informative, thank you. The effort shown is above and beyond (not to discount the other replies).

Pandaren for extra interrupt and if your a vet glitch the knockback eng belt on for 3 total interupts.
I saw a video about how to do it (I think) but some of the comments said patched. Even if I did find out how, would I be risking my account if I was to?

I would highly recommend rerolling an allied race toon until you get a few epic desirable items, IE epic wep, epic serpentis etc. That way you can sell those pale skinners. In my opinion, pale skinners are really good for a character that someone didn't want to reroll, but it wouldn't be my first choice for weapon if I had the option to reroll to get an 8 agi epic etc!
Thanks, I think my plan of action thanks to this comment and the wowhead searcher is this.
1. Create a lvl 20 Allied race
2. 2 seater mount and fly it from Org to The Barrens
3. Complete the Waptor Twapping quest
4. Delete unless Waptor Thwapper procs Epic (I've had 2 blues so far but no epic)

Just purchased both. I also favorited a thread about preping and what items to stock up on before dropping sub. Thanks for the tip.

ur missing 1 very imporant part
pick a cool looking race
and make a totally rad mog bro
u will b staring at char screen a lot during the q
Ahem brother. I think my tmogs are pretty decent. I would probably go with a similar 1 to my current rogue. An old-school twink look (Link). Or a ninja look like my other rogue (Link)

Reactions: hom
Very informative, thank you. The effort shown is above and beyond (not to discount the other replies).

I saw a video about how to do it (I think) but some of the comments said patched. Even if I did find out how, would I be risking my account if I was to?

Thanks, I think my plan of action thanks to this comment and the wowhead searcher is this.
1. Create a lvl 20 Allied race
2. 2 seater mount and fly it from Org to The Barrens
3. Complete the Waptor Twapping quest
4. Delete unless Waptor Thwapper procs Epic (I've had 2 blues so far but no epic)

Just purchased both. I also favorited a thread about preping and what items to stock up on before dropping sub. Thanks for the tip.

Ahem brother. I think my tmogs are pretty decent. I would probably go with a similar 1 to my current rogue. An old-school twink look (Link). Or a ninja look like my other rogue (Link)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/terokkar/sneakybean

That's exactly what I did! Good call!

Yep! It's very boring but it's probably quicker (RNG but ye) than farming a whole new Pale Skinner.

Once I get the weapon I think I'm going to just equip all the BoEs, get enchanted up and then do the quests and whatever epics I get, I get. After trying for this weapon I really cannot be bothered rerolling for a the mace AND THEN rerolling for gloves and ring epics.

Then I'll race change to Blood Elf probably.

Ty for the armory link, I will favorite and use as one of my references!

Yep! It's very boring but it's probably quicker (RNG but ye) than farming a whole new Pale Skinner.

Once I get the weapon I think I'm going to just equip all the BoEs, get enchanted up and then do the quests and whatever epics I get, I get. After trying for this weapon I really cannot be bothered rerolling for a the mace AND THEN rerolling for gloves and ring epics.

Then I'll race change to Blood Elf probably.

Ty for the armory link, I will favorite and use as one of my references!

Cool beans! My character is super fragile, and I am not perfectly geared, i still have to get the dmf shoulders, the belt from sfk, and rings, but I am overall pleased with my gear. I am working on a tankier set, but between making 5 vets in a month and working on 2 110'a it's been very busy!

I didn't equip any of my boes until I got the wild rider gloves, I wasn't expecting them in epic whatsoever, but I wanted atleast 2 good legendary procs before I equipped all of those boes I farmed my ass off for.

Just make sure you are happy with your character, being full epics is something that is pretty unrealistic, and just have fun with it, man! Sounds like your head is in the right place!

I see many vet 20s with a glitched outlands eng on their belt, they seem to get away with it, glitching is out of my zone of expertise though, you will have to find someone else.

3,632 characters later: still no epic quest reward.
This rerolling shit is so bad. Anyone who rerolled for a long quest chain, damn...

It took me about 30 tries, new character, wm on, fly to the waptor quest, roll green or blue, delete roll again, turn xp off after I got an epic wep.

It took me about 30 tries, new character, wm on, fly to the waptor quest, roll green or blue, delete roll again, turn xp off after I got an epic wep.
Finnaly got it. I didn't keep count but I would guess it took me around 30-40 maybe more.

If anyone finds this thread and wants to see how to character is coming along > Link <

Last edited:
This rerolling shit is so bad. Anyone who rerolled for a long quest chain, damn...

if u strike out on all the gud epics
just deal with it man

u gon sink weeks into rerolling
4 like +1 primary & +3 2ndary?

get your life
q 4 da gulch

if u strike out on all the gud epics
just deal with it man

u gon sink weeks into rerolling
4 like +1 primary & +3 2ndary?

get your life
q 4 da gulch

This. People put too much of an emphasis on quest epics. In the long run it's going to be like 5% better over whatever else is available. If you get it, great! If not, see what other options are out there.

Rolling 50+ toons to get a single epic is ridiculous.

the fuck? this a joke right? I hope so

but @ what dono said he right, unless you're rerolling for weps or something like a lot of epics are pretty overrated, and the ones that are good are boe / farmable

ya
id rather be playing the game
than preparing to play the game
lose interest
and quit b4 i finish preparing

Users who are viewing this thread