Looking for help with aggressive animals.

Neon

666 god
Everyday I wake up and go for a run at the park around this pond, there are a punch of ducks and geese. So recently the geese have been real territorial, and when I run past the pond some of them charge at me real aggressive, I have been really lucky as I just keep on running and they eventually stop, but that gets me thinking.... what if the goose actually connected how would I defend myself what would I do in that situation. So here I am asking for help in what to do in the face of a goose attack I do not want to kill a bunch of geese. In b4 I get locked out by a mod for shit posting, this is real shit I don't want to die and I don't want to go to jail for animal abuse.

home alone.gif

How would you react if someone came charging into your habitat? Find an other route or walk relaxed untill they get their family things done (hatched and fledged chicks).

Ok so the problem is that the ducks and geese are there 75% of the year, it does not matter if I walk or run these geese will literally charge at me and I don't like birds they are creepy and I don't want to touch them.

Ok so I have been googling this all day trying to find a solution to protect myself but I haven't seen anything yet. However I did come across this terrifying fucking remark I found on quora.

"TL;DR - Because they can kill you.

A large goose can kill a curious child or moderately injure an adult. But they don't come in ones and twos, they come in flocks. A flock of geese can knock down an MMA champion and strip their flesh to the bone in minuets.

They don't run away either. For the mere offense of getting too close they'll run you down and take a bite out of your scalp. Get into a fight with one of them and they'll all charge you."

This is sad. Please don’t feed this guys.
What do you mean, do you think I am trolling? I am legit scared for my life, I am franticly googling solutions to protect myself, out of answers I come to the last place for help and then you say this shit? Fuck off.

Ok so I have been googling this all day trying to find a solution to protect myself but I haven't seen anything yet. However I did come across this terrifying fucking remark I found on quora.

"TL;DR - Because they can kill you.

A large goose can kill a curious child or moderately injure an adult. But they don't come in ones and twos, they come in flocks. A flock of geese can knock down an MMA champion and strip their flesh to the bone in minuets.

They don't run away either. For the mere offense of getting too close they'll run you down and take a bite out of your scalp. Get into a fight with one of them and they'll all charge you."
Ok man, you do you. Learning things outside your comfortzone is scary, join the club.
[doublepost=1616088868,1616088671][/doublepost]
This is sad. Please don’t feed this guys.
Of course, but on here it's also entertainment.

Theres a couple times a year where the geese by me take to the street in protest of joggers invading their homes. I'd recommend finding a different route and respecting their space

Everyday I wake up and go for a run at the park around this pond, there are a punch of ducks and geese. So recently the geese have been real territorial, and when I run past the pond some of them charge at me real aggressive, I have been really lucky as I just keep on running and they eventually stop, but that gets me thinking.... what if the goose actually connected how would I defend myself what would I do in that situation. So here I am asking for help in what to do in the face of a goose attack I do not want to kill a bunch of geese. In b4 I get locked out by a mod for shit posting, this is real shit I don't want to die and I don't want to go to jail for animal abuse.

Stop whining!

Get some kind of herding dog, a giant hamster ball or a slower running partner.

also this, I always run with a pit bull. Since I was like 16 or some shit. 30 now

added benefit of having such a strong willed and active dog; she’ll never let you flake on running

They should only actually get near you as you are running away. Turn and face them and they get real "docile" quick.

They'll hiss and flap a bit, but as long as you dont turn away they're not all that brave. Like the ghosts in Mario World.

You can try something like an air horn, should dissuade them, but you gotta carry it with you so that sucks. I've heard those tiny pocket lasers in their eyes but that seems potentially harm-ish and some Karen might call the feds on you.

Just stand your ground and dont let them think they're winning as you head away, they'll remember you eventually.

They infest our golf courses here every year and shit everywhere, they're only overly territorial while they're nesting.

edit- you could also run with a kite, they might think it's a predatory bird and leave you be.

2a6e4c4fa082829cd14f87f6bc714bd0_w200.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread