Looking for Classic Hunter 29 Twink Guide

https://xpoff.com/threads/bis-gear-talents-29-rogue.90108/#post-1194373

more or less this.

1. swap ranged weapon for master hunters bow/gun (gun is better iirc)
2. get hunter AB boots (hopefully this was obvious)
3. get razzeric's racing grips instead of tiger hunters (though you'll end up w/ a pair regardless)
4. monkey/falcon/eagle hat instead of tiger

Conventionally, for a good balanced set, you want to do this and go 0/20/0.

If it was me, personally, and I was solo-queueing most of the time, I would absolutely rather be a cool guy and do this and go 0/5/15.

Rogues are your nemesis, and you theirs, so build everything with that in mind. Get a swing timer so you can maximize your movement, autoshots and abilities. Consumable priority is bandages, dynamite, swifties, faps, antivenom.

The two builds being discussed are about right, MM is best when paired with another dps or hybrid class with some CC and aimed shot is not as great as you'd expect and shouldn't be used very often. Survival shines solo or as the peeler in a scrim, but entrapment is preferred for that.

Last edited:
Survival was king in B.C. and Wrath because health stacking was just too good. Did classic play more glass cannon or?

They are both pretty viable. MM can really out damage survival if enabled properly, but I ended up getting into the health stacking and survival talents because it crushes rogues. Master Hunter's Rifle outperforms by so much you can focus on defensive talents while still laying down huge damage.

^^ Don't go full agi like this prserver hero.You can only do that viably if you have a pocket healer 24/7. You will get dumpstered by any good rogue solo. The best all-around spec is a good mix of stam and agi and a survival build with corpsemaker. 0/0/20 is my preferred; surefooted is literally insane at 29 along with deterrence and imp wingclip...It's the ultimate 1v1 build, especially vs rogues. Go corpsemaker because it allows for effective melee jousting between autos and pairs well with savage strikes.

MM becomes viable with dual agi is a thing and also in group/premade settings.

You need at least 1 point in entrapment though because it procs on every tick of frost and immolation trap. I give up one from survivalist.

Entrapment is interesting. I find it very useful in specific scenarios, especially defensive strategies. Not having FD at 29 really hurts though and a lot of pre trapping/running into melee before fighting is required which can get difficult and put you at a positioning disadvantage. I'd also have to test the proc rate. it was super buggy on some private servers and procced too much. So yes useful, but more useful than 10% health or imp wing clip? Still up for interpretation.

step 1. pick dwarf
step 2. get master hunter's rifle
step 3. press auto-shot
step 4. win
This. You can be 100% brain dead and still be effective but some how some people manage to be completely bad at the class.

Yeah for sure. I'm going to start out with Int on a Butcher and Agi on the Outlaw Sabre. Once I'm honored then it'll be Agi on another Butcher and Int on the Scout's Blade giving me two sets.

Users who are viewing this thread