Looking for advice - Rogue

thedukeoftbc

Veteran
Haven't twinked since vanilla BC days. Decided a bit ago to make my favorite again. 19 rogue. This is where he is at now.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/uldum/Stabzu

I currently have the same weapons equiped but with Navigation Leech. After Elemental Force procs I swap to leech weapons and swap back when the internal cooldown is close to resetting. Currently farming for the crit/verse sword from Deadmines.

I have done a few BGs and I seem to have great survivability and I crit pretty damn hard. Any pointers are appreciated.

There is no ICD on elemental force. Swapping ele force does not help ele force procs in any way (it hurts them actually). Stick with 2x ele force and don't bother with weapon swaps. If 8.1.5 hits and ele force gets nerfed, then revisit.

Random other notes/comments. I'm assuming you like a more balanced build rather than a glass cannon build.
  • All of these are probably in https://xpoff.com/threads/19-quick-start-gearing-guide-bfa.79275/ if you want links, exact enchant names, or other options
  • Stat priority generally is agi > verse > crit. A very loose metric is 1agi = 2-3 verse in terms of added damage to abilities. Verse is really worth more than that due to elemental force and the damage reduction.
  • Use the heirloom neck with verse. Gets you agility AND verse AND a heal. Same hidden satyr enchant.
  • Enchant your shoulders.
  • Sporid Cape isn't bad. Parachute cloak gives a ton of agility though for a more glass cannon set. My recommendation is to have both. Parachute cloak with an agility enchant (shadow armor now, stealth in 8.1.5) and sporid cape with gift of verse.
  • Ideally switch chest for BG crate of quickblade/adaptable. Prospectors chest is also decent. Dark leather tunic is the glass cannon option. Switch to glorious stats.
  • Serpentis gloves are ok. Gloves of the Fang (scaled to 19) are probably better at 7agi/7stam. Another option is Scouting gloves of the quickblade (4verse/3crit ideally). Theres a +4 agility enchant.
  • Belt is pretty solid. Can get a belt from random dungeon satchel that is quickblade with 4verse/3crit, but pretty minor. Likewise you could switch to girdle of the blindwatcher from SFK for 4verse/2crit for a slightly better, but not as good as dungeon satchel option.
  • Find BoE pants and put the MoP LW enchant on them. Any 6agi/9stam quickblade pants are solid. Prospectors woolies are 9agi/9stam if you can find them. Dark leather pants are pure agi for glass cannon.
  • Boots are good. Can get a second pair with minor speed if you decide to go with gift of verse to cloak (see guide for how movement speed stacks)
  • Get agility rings. BG crate and dungeon satchels can drop them. Ideally quickblade/adaptable. Would recommend verse enchants, but crit isn't terrible.
  • If you have a 120, look at the new dusk powder trinket for agility. Defending/Returning champion are also really good, but a lot more effort to get. Insignia is ok if you want the shorter CD than medallion, but thats up to your personal preferences.
  • For weapons, Bronze shortswords are really cheap and really good (with 6 agility). Eventually you'll get a BG crate weapon for your mainhand. Farming for the crit/verse sword or axe from dungeons are solid options as well. Ele force for now. We'll see what 8.1.5 brings, perhaps landslide MH will be a thing.
  • Eventually you'll keep replacing some things with BG crate gear (chest/bracers/mainhand/boots/ring) - but those can take a bit to get lucky with the RNG to get good stats.

Users who are viewing this thread