Longest Gear Grind so far?

My first pair of https://www.wowhead.com/item=27465/mana-etched-gloves?bonus=6710 took around 70+ runs to get and I'm scared to return for my other pairs, I did around 100-150 runs of Atal'Dazar runs while I was horde and was only able to get one double proc before quitting (it was the one that will probably matter the most long term, so I'm content,) and I'm prepared to farm my green BoE neck, ring, bracers, and cloak until the end of the expansion.

Oh, and https://www.wowhead.com/item=136975/hunger-of-the-pack?bonus=1826:1472 took me 40ish runs but it felt like 400 because of the carpel tunnel inducing APM of running HoV on multiple clients... xD

This is NOT the expac to be playing alts.

EDIT: I notice now that this was made in the 20s sub and I'm talking about my level 10, but all this shit still applies.

Marks of honour are killing me atm tbh lol. I don't think I have it in me to level jc I hate that proff with a passion.

Longest grind for me, and its still going. Is the Cataclysm Engineering Cogwheels for my Dragon Trinket. Been like that for more than 3+ Weeks and so far, i havnt progressed at all.

I'm about 50 Old Hillsbrad runs or so deep, yet no greaves. I did a couple more runs today and then I got into a party with 4 mail wearers. I thought to myself "oh ho, this might be THE RUN!", and then...

upload_2020-11-30_22-51-57.png

:(

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-30_22-48-24.png
    upload_2020-11-30_22-48-24.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 63
just got out of a run and they dropped for a random hunter lol. also got the cloth shoulders from that boss so hype.

Old hillsbrad.. Grabbed two sets of the mail pants and 1 set of the plate pants for my 2 huntard twinks and one of the DK's, all off the last boss.

Easily somewhere between 30-50 runs each while farming in a twink group for personal loots.

Fuck CoT's roleplaying.

Longest grind for me, and its still going. Is the Cataclysm Engineering Cogwheels for my Dragon Trinket. Been like that for more than 3+ Weeks and so far, i havnt progressed at all.

a different char with max cata eng can buy and place the cogs into the dragon and it will stay boe, and when equipped on the 20, stats will still be granted without having max cata eng.

Old hillsbrad..
Fuck CoT's roleplaying.

loktar friend, what is it you wish

a different char with max cata eng can buy and place the cogs into the dragon and it will stay boe, and when equipped on the 20, stats will still be granted without having max cata eng.
I cant trade because im pure f2p. Cant access the AH, cant do shit but grind for myself.

yeah cata eng as a f2p is rough but I still think the JC grind is the worse of all of the proffs, I give props to f2ps that actually grinded that out. I am still working on getting the belt from blood furnace last boss myself.

I still think the JC grind is the worse of all of the proffs
If you're gonna do the whole thing to get 2/2 gems, yea. Its miserable. I quit halfway when I realized the only way to get the recipes for the gems was turning in titanium powder... a process that would take mining thousands and thousands of nodes and hoping you dont get counterfarmed by someone with a flying mount doing titanium runs.

But if you just dip to outland JC for steady talasites, then it honestly isnt too bad. Did that in a weekend.

The problem i have with most TBC gear and sockets, i just cant find anything with Mastery. Im aware Mastersy did not exist in TBC, but ffs even farming BOEs in Nazmir is annoying due to the opposite faction hitting mobs makes them grey to you. And the constant threat that accidently aggroing a pvp npc to trigger PVP on. Ofourse getting corpse camped by them.
(I farmed for 3 days in Nazmir and so far the cloth gear is just so miniscule compared to Mail, leather and plate. Its like the game is conspiring against me lmao)

Last edited:
If you're gonna do the whole thing to get 2/2 gems, yea. Its miserable. I quit halfway when I realized the only way to get the recipes for the gems was turning in titanium powder... a process that would take mining thousands and thousands of nodes and hoping you dont get counterfarmed by someone with a flying mount doing titanium runs.

But if you just dip to outland JC for steady talasites, then it honestly isnt too bad. Did that in a weekend.

Yes I was thinking of dipping into outland jc for some of those 6stam 4 armor gems for my mage, I feel like at 240ish spellpower I can do for some stamina/armor gems. Considering the large amount of hunters running around atm it feels like a good choice. Just finishing some stuff up in other proffs atm then I will prob switch over.

I think i'll settle for ins/tail at the end though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread