Long time Lurker looking for an easy fix

Taku

Grandfathered
Hey,
ive had been twinking solo for a rather long time but i quit my sub in SL.

Now im back want want to do stuff different. I have an Vet Acc an want to try 20s.

As im busy irl and dont have much time to invest in WoW im asking you what an "easy" class is to get starting soloing dungeons? Im not that much into pvp and just like soloing dungeons =D

Thanks alot!

A Ferocity pet with Leech is also good. You will do so much damage the Leech alone helps keep you up.

Fairly certain all tank classes can solo dungeons also, as healers, but granted slower.

Just Rogues would struggle soloing dungeons.

Soloing dungeons on a Hunter is fairly easy, it’s just the mechanics can get you sometimes, like when u aggro a heap of ogres in Bloodmaul and one stuns u for 9s - lol, but generally no issues.

Feign Death is ur friend, and your pet can play dead also if he’s attacked after u FD.

Would say Druid or Shaman. Guardian has overall solid DPS and Stealth and Resto Shammy is absolutely busted.
That said I believe most classes can do dungeons quite fast as of DF. Except with Mage and Rogue which can't solo to my knowledge and DK whose DPS is... meh (by that I mean soloing is doable but even as Unholy the process if fairly slow), you won't have too much trouble soloing fairly fast.

Any class can solo as long as you get an Infinitely Divisible Ooze trinket from Plaguefall, I've been soloing dungeons on my 29 rogue ever since (although it was incredibly hard at 86 and below ilvl). At 20 it's going to be much easier due to the much better mob hp scaling. With that said, I think the easiest class by far to solo with is Hunter. All the utility and self-heal from leech and Mastery make you practically invincible unless you just go afk in front of a bunch of mobs lol.

Generally any tank class except blood dk should be able to solo dungeons with basic gear (blood dk only really becomes decent with good gear)

Resto sham is pretty good too, basic gear nets you 3k crit total damage in 1 stormkeeper use

Hunter can solo some but beware some later bosses are immune to pet taunt so YOU will be tanking boss hits

Generally any tank class except blood dk should be able to solo dungeons with basic gear (blood dk only really becomes decent with good gear)

Resto sham is pretty good too, basic gear nets you 3k crit total damage in 1 stormkeeper use

Hunter can solo some but beware some later bosses are immune to pet taunt so YOU will be tanking boss hits

Misdirection --> Pet
also feign death to reset aggro or shadowmeld if you're a night elf

Gawddamn if I can solo Halls of Valor/Neltharion's Lair on a warrior, that would make my legion enchanting pet farm so much easier T_T Tried it on Fury and failed epicly, so I guess I'll try it as a Prot next time...?

Tank classes are really powerful in terms of survivability. Personally I can vouch for prot warrior to be virtually unkillable for physical bosses at least. Can't rember the boss mechanics in HoV and NL off the top of my head, but as long as there are no swathes of unavoidable magical damage it should be doable.
Although slow. Prot warriors don't do much damage.

My wl can solo every dungeon. Got three ilv87, rest is blue bc gear, high vers. Pet dmg is so high, pet could solo it, I think. Just needs a little heal. ;)

... we have felguard at 20? :POGGERS: (can you tell I barely play my lock :LUL:)
Yeah felguard is pretty good, you just have to do some drain life and health funnel juggling in between rotations. They can also wipe out mob packs with a single use of Felstorm (the enhanced talent one)

Curiously, dk is better to solo in profane, at least in my experience, so I put mine together with great ease.

Users who are viewing this thread