Leveling "Twink" Lite in the 39 Bracket

Rhorik

Hey all, my first post here even though I've been lurking for awhile. With Shadowlands max level pvp requiring a huge time sink to be competitive that I just don't have, I thought I would give twinking a shot. I had the idea of making "Leveling Twinks", in that I do some ground work with setting up their gear with enchants and everything, then level them till they get out of the intended brackets before making a new one and starting over again. XP would be ON for this experiment.

From research that I did, the best bracket for this was level 39 due to being able to do SoO on mythic. I have tested this, and with about 2 SoO runs I have 90% of the gear I need which is good enough if I will level out of the bracket anyway. Where I am most stuck at is which gems to use.

TBC Heroic gems / Talasites are ideal, but TBC heroic gems take a long time to farm and are not feasible for short term, and Talasites on my server are 5k gold plus which makes them not so great an option either. This leaves me with a few options that I would like input on.

For Str twinks I was thinking +2 Str/2 Stam gems from Wrath. These are like a budget TBC heroic gem, but they give a little bit extra stamina to melee who need more health rather than excess secondary stat. For melee agility twinks (rogue, monk, dh) I was thinking +2 Agi/+2 Stam gems from wrath with the same logic here. Lastly, for a MM hunter I was considering legion Mastery gems since their mastery is so valuable and you can get up to a +6 or +7 gem which i thought might trump the 2/2 gems since extra stamina isn't as precious.

If anyone has tried this or has any additional input on what I have put out there it would be greatly appreciated! As well, I am doing this with a friend and we just run each other through SoO; if anyone wants to join us for BGs or SoO runs so half the gear doesn't go to waste my battletag# is Rhorik#1715 just leave a note about why you are adding me!

The old valor vendors in Stormwind and Org can make for really easy twinking in the 30s as well. Mythic SoO gear will definitely be better, but the vendors are good for filling in pieces. If you struggle finding gems you can get them for 1 mark of honor from the pvp vendors in Stormwind or Org. If you have a JC it's extremely easy to unlock the talasite gem and cut your own. It's worth it. I personally just buy a bunch of ore then prospect it. I use half the talasite I get and sell the other half. Unless the ore is extremely expensive on your server you'll probably end up making a profit. I pay for my sub each month with the gold I make from just selling talasite.

I actually got the recipe for the steady talasite already (only took about an hour) the issue is more sourcing the talasite since I am on a rather dead server. Where are the old valor vendors? I checked the honor vendors and most of their gear was unusable until level 60, but I had misread your post and assumed that is the vendors you were referring to.

Horde side the vendors are on the back side of Grommash Hold. Alliance they are in the same room as the pvp vendors. They're just up the stairs. Gear is ilvl 37-41. Some gear requires lvl 30 and some 32. Legacy Justice Quartermaster sells ilvl 41 socket gear for level 30s. Mythic SoO gear will definitely be better, but you can get the vendor gear 5 levels earlier. I mostly do leveling twinks and I was leveling so fast out of the brackets that I started worrying less about optimization. You can do just as well with the vendor gear.

Horde side the vendors are on the back side of Grommash Hold. Alliance they are in the same room as the pvp vendors. They're just up the stairs. Gear is ilvl 37-41. Some gear requires lvl 30 and some 32. Legacy Justice Quartermaster sells ilvl 41 socket gear for level 30s. Mythic SoO gear will definitely be better, but you can get the vendor gear 5 levels earlier. I mostly do leveling twinks and I was leveling so fast out of the brackets that I started worrying less about optimization. You can do just as well with the vendor gear.

So sounds like you have experience with exactly what I was trying to do! Would you say that overall it was pretty effective? I'm not looking to be so over geared that I 1 shot everything around me, but I was hoping that my effort would pay off somewhat compared to most others in the BG. Would you ever want to swap SOO runs?

So sounds like you have experience with exactly what I was trying to do! Would you say that overall it was pretty effective? I'm not looking to be so over geared that I 1 shot everything around me, but I was hoping that my effort would pay off somewhat compared to most others in the BG. Would you ever want to swap SOO runs?
Oh yeah. It's definitely effective. I can definitely run you through SoO. I play pretty sporadically these days, but if I'm on and free I enjoy running people through things. Btag: Sev#1679

any ways to reduce XP gain for a 'leveling twink' ? Leveling is too damn fast.

Users who are viewing this thread