EU+US Leveling to 102 for multi spec?

drumaajin

Grandfathered
got a 101 fire mage (stacking crit) and im pretty happy with it, but im super keen to play arcane and i also have another set of mastery gear on him thats just getting dusty. so im thinking about leveling to 102 to get the other artifact, but i have one question. what kind of effect will this have on my stats? is it better to just get a decent weapon from WoD content?

Iirc, you lose something like 8% Secondary Stats. NPC's gain something like 16% HP so you will kill somewhat slower than you do now. The better question to ask would be is the Arcane Artifact soooo OP that you can't live without it at 101? You can purchase the 740 iLvL Order Hall Weapons and then Enchant them with WoD Weapon Enchants to help close the gap between missing out on the Artifact Weapon. Then toss on all that Mastery Gear you have and bam, Arcane Mage.

Iirc, you lose something like 8% Secondary Stats. NPC's gain something like 16% HP so you will kill somewhat slower than you do now. The better question to ask would be is the Arcane Artifact soooo OP that you can't live without it at 101? You can purchase the 740 iLvL Order Hall Weapons and then Enchant them with WoD Weapon Enchants to help close the gap between missing out on the Artifact Weapon. Then toss on all that Mastery Gear you have and bam, Arcane Mage.

I agree. There is an Arcane mage talent that essentially copy's one of tier 1 gold dragon artifact trait, the accumulated damage arcane blast gold trait is kinda garbage. Dont do it man. Also the artifact weapon ability is not that great. It's just another aoe. The total damage that is does even with final blast, is about 2-3 full charged Arcane explosions. Which you spam anyway for aoe packs. Do what delind said, find a great substitute weapon, get a great chant on it, and try to get good upgrades for your Arcane set. Trust me, Arcane mages arnt amazing from artifact traits or ability, they are just straight up amazing with the correct stats.

Users who are viewing this thread